Contemplating an archer. Need advice.

GooseInduced

I was wondering how nonlethal damage would work with a bow and arrow. I could have blunt tipped arrows I suppose but if I needed something to actually do potentially lethal damage (example fighting a robot or something similar) would I need a separate attack for lethal and non lethal?

To give you and idea of what i have in mind I have started putting the bow together as a device with a blast array. Perhaps going with corrosion and snare and dazzle as alternate powers for trick arrows. Also contemplating some extended range as per my concept.

By default any blast / damage power (in or out of a device) can be lethal or non lethal when you use it,players choice. 

For an archer a straightforward blast power works great (although you could have a variety of other effects, linked with it or seperate, such as tranquilizer rounds)

You dont need to buy anything else. You could fluff this as saying you have rubber coated arrowheads, or even comedy boxing glove arrows, whatevere you need. You dont need to but them as separate powers. 

Gel-coated arrowheads. Blunted arrowheads. Taser arrowheads that deliver an electric shock when they hit their target.

As for dealing lethal damage, it might be as simple as choosing your target (hitting a joint with a blunt arrowhead is going to be a lot different than hitting someone's gut) or maybe your character keeps some bodkin or barbed arrowheads around for lethal damage.

It's Na'vi inspired not necessarily a Na'vi. Think more of scaled hot blooded ranger than nature loving cat person. I've been working on the race and concept for a while. Gonna keep it medium sized but on the upper edge of the size. So a big character but not over 8 feet tall. Long limbs, a rank or two of speed and a rank super strength to represent her larger stature. Gonna give her a device with a limited morph in it. Some space age tech that she can program a single disguise into. Essentially her hero guise is her real form and her every day appearance is a hologram.