• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From chat, Tiamat rolls to spot where Libra went ( Notice Check vs. Libra (1d20 + 10=26) ) and succeeded. Huzzah!

GK's up first:

Move action: stand back up.

Standard action: snare Sagittarius, despite the range penalties (huzzah Inspired). Sagittarius was described as 300+ feet out - with 130' increments, that's two increments past the first, so a -4 penalty. It's coming straight up out of the ground, if that matters for the surprise factor.

Ranged Attack Roll vs. Sagittarius (Snare; Inspired +5, Range Penalty -4) (1d20 + 13 + 5 - 4=30)

Assuming that hits, it's a DC23 reflex save vs. entangled & anchored, or bound & helpless if the save's poor enough.

Meanwhile, Libra has Tiamat's attention.

Move action: Fly toward Libra to close the distance (~250ft).

Standard action: Charge the remaining distance.

Melee Attack Roll vs. Libra (unarmed; Inspired +5, Charge +2) (1d20 + 7 + 5 + 2=20)

Oogh, don't know if that'll do it; DC30 Toughness if it does, though.

Tiamat's at -2 defense until her next turn.

On to ROUND TWO

55 Velocity (unharmed, 4 HP)
30 Sagittarius
30 Aries (bruised, dazed)
26 Fleur de Joie (unharmed)
18 Gabriel (unharmed, 5 HP)
16 Aquarius (unharmed)
14 Comrade Frost (unharmed, 0 HP)
10 Libra (bruised, dazed)
8 Gaian Knight (unharmed, 4 HP)
7 Tiamat (unharmed)

Velocity will go ahead and punch Aries, since he is right next to her. She hits with a 31. Aries misses his toughness save with a 21, so is bruised and dazed as well.

Sagittarius covers 200 feet in her move action, and shoots an arrow at Gabe, but she misses with a 14.

Aries shakes off his daze (HP to Velocity) and gets up in an instant (Instant Up) and runs over toward Gaian Knight to attack him, missing with a 15.

He continues past, looping back around so he is 200 feet up the road to the north.

Fleur will use this round to concentrate her visual and audio ESP on finding the soldier with the projector, starting from his last known location and moving north in a broad searching pattern. Since her natural ESP is somewhat lacking in the speed department, she will spend an HP to stunt a power that looks exactly like the one on her sheet, except that the four free points are now four ranks of Rapid. 

Right, time to switch up tactics a bit.

Free Action: Switch Array to Blast. 

Full Round Action: Inspire! Once again, all y'all get +5 to attacks, saves, and checks. Uh, minus Fleur. Sorry Electra!

Free Action: Extra Effort! Surge for another Standard Action! And of course, waiving the Fatigue by way of HP expenditure.

Standard Action: Ranged Attack vs Aires: 20. Garn it. HP Reroll! 19, which becomes a 29 with the Reroll bonus. Assuming THAT hits, that's a base save DC of 27, with Autofire stacking in as it can. 

So that's a net HP spend of 3, with 2 remaining when I start my next turn starts. 

Fox, I went back and looked at the rules on HPs in the corebook, you are actually only allowed to use a HP for a particular purpose (ie a reroll, or removing a status effect) once per round, so Tiamat should not have been able to reroll the toughness save from Libra's attack.  I will go ahead with it right now, but neither Gaian Knight or Tiamat get another reroll this round.

No, you are absolutely correct - I'd mis-remembered it as per incident, not per round. I have no problem rolling that back - having failed by ten, she'd be staggered + dazed. I'll instead invest that HP into removing the daze so that she can act this round.