By Nebula's soft light (IC)

Deep Space

Sitting in the dark of space was the massive swathes of star forming gases glowing the most beautiful blues and purples lit but the very stars they were helped forming. Being light years across the craft that stood on the edge of the nebula seemed tiny, even though it was itself the size of a small city. The stark white hull of the saucer like object looked that it was made of a single flawless piece of ceramic.

Inside the craft was a small room the wall being opaque lighting the room with a blue glow from nebula beyond, the room was also filled with cryogenic gases from several pod opening up in the room revealing several Earth heroes groggily woken from an unexpected cryogenic sleep.

Edited by TiffanyKorta

David stepped out of the pod, blearily rubbing his eyes.  As the gases dispersed, he caught a glimpse of the blue and purple hues of the nebula.  Snapping instantly awake, David bolted over to the window to stare wide-eyed at the glow beyond.

"I'm in space," he whispered to himself.  "Ha!"

Finally taking notice of the other people in the room, David whirled around.  "Well, who are you?" David said.  Another thought occurred to him as he asked. Before anyone else could respond, he asked another question.

"Wait, how did we get here?"

Edited by shatterspike1

Asad pitched out of the pod gracelessly, hitting the floor with an audible thump.  "Hwuah... oh, crap... what did I drink?"  Pressing a hand to his forehead, as he used the other to push himself up, his knees wobbling.  "... and who hit me with a train...?"  Then he stopped, staring out of the wall, and into...  His mouth dropped open, his eyes wide as he walked towards portal out into the Nebula beyond.  "By Allah..."  Breathlessly the billionaire looked out the window, eyes searching... not that he could find anything, it just was... well it was incredible.

It was then it clicked that he wasn't along, and he turned towards the others in his black containment suit, his hand still pressing fingertips to the wall.

Thrude yawned loudly and stretched her arms. Her eyes snapped open when those arms struck the edges of the pod she lay in. She pulled herself up and out, reached over her shoulder, and slid her massive weapon from its baldric. When she grasped Hridgandr, lightning danced up and down its ebony haft. The meter of silversteel at the head morphed as if clay pulled by invisible hands, taking the shape of a giant double-headed hammer. Her face whipped back and forth around the room, sending her golden braids flying about, casting flakes of frost onto the floor. "Cold...ice...darkness...Be this NIFLHEIM?! Or HEL's foul empire?!" She glared and pointed her hammer at each of the others standing before her. "By WHAT RIGHT dost thou seize THRUDE, Daughter of STORMS, CHOOSER of The SLAIN, CROWN PRINCESS of ASGARD?!" she growled. "CHOOSE thy words WISELY, and WITH HASTE, lest I decide thy TONGUES would serve better as TROPHIES on my BELT!"

"Whoa, whoa... WHOA!"  Asad held up his hands then, palms open and out facing the big blonde goddess.  He started to move himself between her and the third person.  "Listen, Thrude, you need to take a moment and look around, we just fell out of those pods too, okay?  I have no idea what happened, but we're probably several light years from earth.  Maybe.  I don't know.  But we're in this together, we are not against each other.  Alright?"

He wasn't worried about her, or her hammer.  Well not really.  Having never been hit by it before, he had no idea how much it would hurt.  "I am Asad."  And he moved his right arm, and extended it to her.  "Might have heard about me, billionaire playboy with super powers."

Triakosia

Triakosia was a little disoriented, more so than the others, as she stepped out of the cryoenic booth. For some reason she seemed to have a memory of doing something similar in her pass, though it couldn’t have happened in the past could it?

Whilst she was still a little disorientated from the process her senses were still as sharp as even and despite the swirling radiation from outside she could still see and hear what was going on in the nearby are of this ship.

“I’m Triakosia, though introduction might have to wait for a little while there seems to be someone one coming this way.â€

Edited by TiffanyKorta

Having witnessed the exchange between Asad and Thrude, and the emergence of Triakosia from the pod, Acosm mostly stood still and took things in.

"Great, they might be able to tell us where we are.  I'm Dav– Acosm, by the way."

David looked around, surveying the others in the room.  Mentally, he made a note that whoever had captured them had only taken aboard people with powers.  

"Let's go meet 'em, we can find out what they want!"

Acosm started looking for an exit to the room.

"Why do you think we're here?"  He asked to no one in particular.

"Asad."  Thrude grasped his outstretched forearm and shook it firmly once.  She nodded to him, then to each of the other assembled heroes.  "Triakosia.  Day-vah Cozim.  Hail and well met."

“I’m Triakosia, though introduction might have to wait for a little while there seems to be someone one coming this way.â€

Thrude glared at the room's exit.  She shifted her grip upon Hridgandr.  The lightning crackling along the haft and up her arm intensified.  The back half of the hammer-head melted and fused into the shape of an axe blade.  She dashed to the entryway and took up a defensive stance.  "Stay behind me!  If I should FALL in BATTLE with our captors, then TAKE UP my weapon, and if THOU ART WORTHY, it shall ferry thee to safety!"

Edited by ShaenTheBrain

He grasped Thrude's forearm and shook in kind.  Immediately understanding the... um... Diety?  Crap, he knew he should read more on this, heck that little guy Set was working on becoming a social media, pardoning the pun, god.  He glanced to Acosm as he spoke, before Thrude hollered.  Or bellowed, the finer distinctions of that he'd leave to someone else.  "Thrude, hold on a minute, let's talk first, if that fails we can punch to them in the face.  Or use a hammer."  

"My bet kid?  Third star from the right and straight on til morning."  He said to Acosm, though he didn't really know the guy's name.  "May have heard but I am Asad, or if you are familiar with it Amir al-Misri."  He moved over to him and extended his hand out to him as well.  As he turned his head to address the everyone.  "We've been captured, taken somewhere in space.  Now...  I can safely bet that we are here because all three of us are heroes.  I mean, I know I've read articles featuring you two ladies.  Everyone good on the whole powers thing?  Nothing missing?  Like a toe or something?"

"My bet kid?  Third star from the right and straight on til morning."

"We're here because of... Peter Pan?" 

Acosm blinked.  He was certainly glad that Asad wasn't wanting to immediately rush into a fight, but was ultimately perplexed about what to think of all the supers.  He shook Asad's hand when he extended it, but maintained a confused expression.  Thrude had him feeling a little nervous with her shouting, but he quickly quashed that feeling before it could grow any larger.  Besides, she seemed to be friendly enough.  At least that's what David told himself.  It didn't help that all three of the other heroes stood notably taller than he did.

"Powers?  Oh, I have powers.  Oh, they're almost here."

Acosm stared down the entryway, watching intently.

"Maybe they're friendly?"

From an apparently seamless section of the wall an iris door popped into life revealing the occupants of this interplanetary craft. There were three of them around 3 ft tall on spindly bodies that seemed to ill suited to their large over sized heads. They stared at the gathered heroes with their large black almond shed eyes.

We apologize for the method of collection but we don’t him time to explain. We are all in terrible danger.

From the nebula behind them streaks of lightning seemed to flash almost menacing inside the cloud of gas.

"... Just referencing Peter Pan.  Seemed appropriate."  He said as he turned and moved towards the larger viewing window, staring out in to the splendor of the nebula.  "I mean... this is kind of magical, right?  Or maybe I am just not jaded enough..."

He spun, a hair behind everyone else,  when the 'aliens' arrived.  "Whitley Strieber's ghost... oh... um... sorry.  I think it's the first time I've met life from another planet personally.  So it's still kind of novel to me...  Wait..."  Seeing the flashes of red light play out across the room, he spun to stare out into it.  "So... can you explain the danger, before I do dashing out into into Space for the first time?"  

• 2 weeks later...

We apologize for the method of collection but we don’t have time to explain. We are all in terrible danger.

Thrude straightened up out of her fighting stance to face the aliens head-on.  "I have SWORN a BLOOD-OATH to PROTECT Midgard, and ALL its peoples!  If thou doth THREATEN humankind, then THOU SHALL TASTE MY STEEL!"  She waved Hridgandr in an arc beside her.  "But IF thou hast NO ill will toward Earth OR its cousins, and thou art TRULY innocents, then be that danger from THE STORM or BARBARIAN HORDES at your GATES, I shall BEAT IT BACK with all the RIGHTEOUS MIGHT of the Aesir!  For there is NO STORM in ALL THE NINE WORLDS with such FURY to match one of ODIN'S GET!"