Forget the cards, I win [OOC]

Endless Flight

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Ultimate Power, when you're using Air Control to throw an object as an attack, you base the damage off the power rank as if it were your Strength bonus. That's because Air Control is a type of Move Object power. The description for Move Object (p. 68) has the quote; it's the first whole sentence on the page.

According to Ultimate Power, when you're using Air Control to throw an object as an attack, you base the damage off the power rank as if it were your Strength bonus. That's because Air Control is a type of Move Object power. The description for Move Object (p. 68) has the quote; it's the first whole sentence on the page.

I really need to get UP.

It's an excellent book, hands down. New powers, expansion on established powers, new feats, extras and flaws: it's worth getting. The interior art is decent, too.

And to answer your question regarding Damage DC for your Air Control power, I believe you use the power rank rather than the effective strength to determine the DC. The strength score just determines how much you can move. If Telekinesis or Air Control use their effective strength, then players would have access to attacks that could potentially have a +20 bonus, which exceeds power level caps anyway.

Sorry, I just realized this was already answered. :roll:

I really need to get UP.

It's an excellent book, hands down. New powers, expansion on established powers, new feats, extras and flaws: it's worth getting. The interior art is decent, too.

And to answer your question regarding Damage DC for your Air Control power, I believe you use the power rank rather than the effective strength to determine the DC. The strength score just determines how much you can move. If Telekinesis or Air Control use their effective strength, then players would have access to attacks that could potentially have a +20 bonus, which exceeds power level caps anyway.

I really need to get UP.

I just picked up the pdf for UP. Air control is Perception range, so do I even need an attack roll?

I might be wrong, but the Perception range only applies to grabbing and moving things. If you want to do something specific like direct an object towards someone (like tossing a slot machine) then that is an attack and you must roll for that. But I'm not sure. Referee?

I just picked up the pdf for UP. Air control is Perception range, so do I even need an attack roll?

I might be wrong, but the Perception range only applies to grabbing and moving things. If you want to do something specific like direct an object towards someone (like tossing a slot machine) then that is an attack and you must roll for that. But I'm not sure. Referee?