Forget the cards, I win [OOC]

Endless Flight

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1357494

Completely tripped.

EDIT: DC 26 Toughness save. I'll bet you're glad you traded it off for Defense :twisted:.

My Defense has paid-off so far! :D So, what kind of save do I make? A Reflex save? A Dexterity check? An Acrobatics check? Or a grapple check, using Grappling Finesse?

EDIT: This is my Toughness save, just in case. That would make me Stunned and Bruised.

Completely tripped.

EDIT: DC 26 Toughness save. I'll bet you're glad you traded it off for Defense :twisted:.

My Defense has paid-off so far! :D So, what kind of save do I make? A Reflex save? A Dexterity check? An Acrobatics check? Or a grapple check, using Grappling Finesse?

EDIT: This is my Toughness save, just in case. That would make me Stunned and Bruised.

Completely tripped.

I don't want to be a difficult player nor do I want to rain on your parade, but you cannot just pick up a living target and toss him around. The cardinal rule in M&M is that no matter what kind of attack you use against an opponent, regardless if it has Perception range or a DC of 30, your opponent is always entitled to some kind of saving throw. I posted those various saving throws because I wasn't sure how my character would avoid such an attack. The Toughness save was posted in case none of those other saves panned out.

Perception range is great against inanimate targets, but you're trying to move a person who is actively dodging you. If our Referee says I take damage, so be it, but I would prefer having confirmation before my next turn. :)

I don't want to be a difficult player nor do I want to rain on your parade, but you cannot just pick up a living target and toss him around. The cardinal rule in M&M is that no matter what kind of attack you use against an opponent, regardless if it has Perception range or a DC of 30, your opponent is always entitled to some kind of saving throw. I posted those various saving throws because I wasn't sure how my character would avoid such an attack. The Toughness save was posted in case none of those other saves panned out.

Perception range is great against inanimate targets, but you're trying to move a person who is actively dodging you. If our Referee says I take damage, so be it, but I would prefer having confirmation before my next turn. :)

Yeah, I guess it can't be fun for anyone involved if I just say "You explode" and the match ends. Maybe I should make an attack roll?

EDIT: I'm just going to stop using the auto-hit portion of air control, and just use it to throw stuff. I'll go edit my post so it will fit better, and meanwhile, here's my attack roll against 14 (Your defense is 14-dodge bonus because of stunned (dodge bonus is 1/2 defense)=7,-a flat 2 for stunned=5,-1 for fatigued=4, +10)

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1361526

Yeah, I guess it can't be fun for anyone involved if I just say "You explode" and the match ends. Maybe I should make an attack roll?

EDIT: I'm just going to stop using the auto-hit portion of air control, and just use it to throw stuff. I'll go edit my post so it will fit better, and meanwhile, here's my attack roll against 14 (Your defense is 14-dodge bonus because of stunned (dodge bonus is 1/2 defense)=7,-a flat 2 for stunned=5,-1 for fatigued=4, +10)

It's cool that you're taking the fun factor into consideration! I personally don't have a problem with Perception range powers, and by all means use it liberally! :D I only wanted to know how a character can save against that kind of attack.

My concern was with the previous post (sending Nightrival upwards) rather than the following one, but whatever, right? I don't want to interrupt the flow of the game. :)

My Defense would be +5 rather that +4 because I used the Luck feat to erase the fatigue. I mentioned it a few posts ago. Nonetheless, your attack still hits.

Here's the Toughness save. Does that save my bacon?

It's cool that you're taking the fun factor into consideration! I personally don't have a problem with Perception range powers, and by all means use it liberally! :D I only wanted to know how a character can save against that kind of attack.

My concern was with the previous post (sending Nightrival upwards) rather than the following one, but whatever, right? I don't want to interrupt the flow of the game. :)

My Defense would be +5 rather that +4 because I used the Luck feat to erase the fatigue. I mentioned it a few posts ago. Nonetheless, your attack still hits.

Er... hate to stick my head in here, but there's something about Air Control you should probably know. In it's fresh-out-of-the-box state, it cannot be use to directly damage someone, so you two have been playing it right. All it can do is Trip someone or lift weights - excluding people. It might not make a ton of sense, but consider the fact that it only costs two points per rank. Would the designers include something that can auto-hit and damage someone for that little? Anyway, sorry for butting in, hope this helps.

Er... hate to stick my head in here, but there's something about Air Control you should probably know. In it's fresh-out-of-the-box state, it cannot be use to directly damage someone, so you two have been playing it right. All it can do is Trip someone or lift weights - excluding people. It might not make a ton of sense, but consider the fact that it only costs two points per rank. Would the designers include something that can auto-hit and damage someone for that little? Anyway, sorry for butting in, hope this helps.

No, you're not butting in at all. I'm obviously confused about how Air Control works. I'm actually fine with autohitting, but I'm not fine with autodamage. Not without a saving throw. So, if I'm reading you right, Maelstrom cannot toss Nightrival around? *scratches head*

No, you're not butting in at all. I'm obviously confused about how Air Control works. I'm actually fine with autohitting, but I'm not fine with autodamage. Not without a saving throw. So, if I'm reading you right, Maelstrom cannot toss Nightrival around? *scratches head*