Forget the cards, I win [OOC]

Endless Flight

Perception powers do not need attack rolls but they can not score a critical hit. [according to the description in the powers section just before the descriptions]

My interpretation was that characters don't need an attack roll to pick up objects (like Maelstrom picking up the slot machine) but if they target someone with that object they need an attack roll. If Maelstorm was attacking with just his powers (like trying to pick up Nightrival and throw him) then he doesn't need an attack roll either.

It would be impossible to dodge a gust of wind (it's invisible and everywhere) but as soon as you launch a large solid object then that's something your opponent can see and avoid. So if throwing an object doesn't require an attack roll, how do targets dodge?

I just gotta look out for my characer, you know? :D

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perception powers do not need attack rolls but they can not score a critical hit. [according to the description in the powers section just before the descriptions]

My interpretation was that characters don't need an attack roll to pick up objects (like Maelstrom picking up the slot machine) but if they target someone with that object they need an attack roll. If Maelstorm was attacking with just his powers (like trying to pick up Nightrival and throw him) then he doesn't need an attack roll either.

It would be impossible to dodge a gust of wind (it's invisible and everywhere) but as soon as you launch a large solid object then that's something your opponent can see and avoid. So if throwing an object doesn't require an attack roll, how do targets dodge?

Sorry for poking my nose in here, but I have to agree with Shadowboxer. The target attacked with a Perception range power is automatically affected, but the effect of the power has no such benefit. For example, if I blast an overpass with my Perception range eyebeams, the debris does not atuomatically strike those underneath. Similarly, Perception range Telekinesis does not allow a character to strike someone with a wielded object.

You could check with a couple other refs, but that's how I see it.

Sorry for poking my nose in here, but I have to agree with Shadowboxer. The target attacked with a Perception range power is automatically affected, but the effect of the power has no such benefit. For example, if I blast an overpass with my Perception range eyebeams, the debris does not atuomatically strike those underneath. Similarly, Perception range Telekinesis does not allow a character to strike someone with a wielded object.

right, so I'm pretty sure that while air control and telekinesis are perception range for grabbing things and moving them around it would still be an attack roll to say fling things at someone with them. Much like how it was still an attack roll to try and trip him earlier.

so yeah, gimme a to hit roll please Mr. Maelstrom.

right, so I'm pretty sure that while air control and telekinesis are perception range for grabbing things and moving them around it would still be an attack roll to say fling things at someone with them. Much like how it was still an attack roll to try and trip him earlier.