I have Questions, you have answers

blindguy

In theory this is going to the right place. Some of the thread lines don’t have labeled hooks, well, they probably have icons with bright and shiny colors, but that’s only visible if you have a GUI, and well I don’t; but enough of that.  Could someone please explain the minion system please, because I don’t quite get it. I understand that for every rank you put in the system the minion’s bonus points increases by a multiple of fifteen, adding 2 gets you 30, 3 gets you thirty, etc. I also understand the entire idea that if you pay more, than the loyalty improves from merely good to fanatical. What doesn’t make a whole lot of sense is when we start talking about multiple minions. That’s where I’ve got problems, and if someone could explain that for me, I’d appreciate it, thanks in advance, B.

Hi Blind Guy,

Its fairly simple. Once you have paid for you minion, you can increase the number of minions you have by paying additional power points.

The additional power points are similar to the "progression" feat in the way they work, using the standard increment (1,2,5,10,25,50,100, and so on)

So if you had, say, minion 6 (90 P) for 6 PP, you could have two minions for 7 PP, five for 8 PP, 10 for 9 PP, and 25 for 10 PP.

There are some caveats to this, partially house rules, partially the system base rules.

First off, if you buy multiple minions like this they must be reasonably similar. You could not use this method to by an assassin, a nerdy tech, a robot butler and a faithful dog. You could say they are all "agents" and might have slightly different skills and abilities. Of course, from a purely practical point of view building 10 seperate "agents" with slightly different skills and abilities would be pretty annoying.

If you wanted a faithful hound and a robot butler, you still can, its just that you have to buy those minions separately.

Secondly, the house rules here limit the amount of minions (or summoned things) to 25, simply to keep things manageable.

Lastly, the house rules here are that you can only have one "heroic" minion, sidekick, or summoned things.

Finally, I would add that the site in general does not condone "remote" heroism. This is not a hard and fast rule, but it is a strong guideline. Sitting in your HQ and operating via your remote controlled drones is unlikely to fly (at least if this is the primary way of operating). I cant give you a firm line on that, as there isn't one - everything is judged on case by case basis, but I point this out as a heads up.