DC24 TOU save: 16. Bruised and Dazed. Fiating that the Daze does not take effect, have a Hero Point Valcili.(BabyBrawler at 2HP).

Red Salamander creates a field of fire around herself, the other Red Salamander and the Black Salamander. In practice that's a Sustained Duration Area Attack(General, Selective Attack) for the other two, and an Aura for her.

DC22 Reflex saves for Thoughtspeed and BabyBrawler to avoid or halve the damage, which is base DC27.

Cho Lee is up after I post IC.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DC22 Reflex saves for Thoughtspeed and BabyBrawler to avoid or halve the damage, which is base DC27.

I am not sure what this means....but here is my reflex save with the Evasion feat: result 24

does it mean reflex save DC22 to avoid damage and TOU save DC27 for 1/2 damage effect?

Also I am not sure if this was factored in from my last attack (as I didn't note it) the roll was a roll of 19 which was a crit.

Yeah Valcili, I screwed up that explanation. Let me try again.

So by 'DC22 Reflex saves for Thoughtspeed and BabyBrawler to avoid or halve the damage, which is base DC27.' I meant "If the Reflex save is failed, then the Toughness save is DC27". If successful, and if you didn't have the Evasion Feat, it would have been DC21 Toughness.

Okay, so the new order is

Red Salamander #1: Bruise(x1)-GM

Thoughtspeed: Staggered, Dazed, 1HP

Yellow Salamander: Unharmed-GM

Black Salamander: Bruise(x1)-GM

BabyBrawler: Unharmed, 2HP

Stronghold: Unharmed,

Red Salamander #2: Unharmed-GM

Cho Lee: Bruise(x1), 1HP

So then! GM post will be up shortly.

Miss-chance contest roll: 1.

That is indeed a Critical Hit. A natural 20, and it would have hit regardless. DC 29 Toughness save: 18. A Staggered and Dazed condition.

And that roll means Cho is Bruised again and Dazed. Which happens after the hit is landed, for the sake of smoothness.

Round two!

Thoughtspeed: Staggered, Dazed, 1HP

Black Salamander: Bruise(x1), Dazed, Staggered-GM

Stronghold: Unharmed,

Cho Lee: Bruise(x2), Dazed, 1HP

Red Salamander 1 takes a Standard Action to shoot the ceiling above Cho, attempting to trap her underneath a pile of rubble! That makes for a DC20 Reflex save to manage to evade the collapsing debris. And a DC15 TOU save if failed along with being Pinned and Prone thanks to the collapse. This takes action upon Cho's turn, rather than instantly. Then Red 1 Move Action to get next to Red Salamander 2.

Also, any of Cho's active team-mates can intervene, at the expense of their Action for that turn, be it getting her out of the way or shielding her from the rubble.

Yellow Salamander sustains his Concealment power, and takes a Full-Round Action to race over to the vault primary door, leaving full cover and taking up partial cover in the doorway.

BabyBrawler is up! And must roll again to dodge/resist the fires, DCs unchanged from 22 Reflex and 27 Toughness.

So I feel like I should try to help Cho from being hit by this collapsing ceiling, but ThoughtSpeed seems to be in a bit more dangerous situation being staggered and dazed. I am not sure of the distances each are from each other, since Cho just landed on the black salamander but here is a thought I am having that triggered this question.

Could I use a hero point and perform power stunt performing a move-by-action grabbing Cho and using her as a thrown weapon at BlackSalamander, then move to ThoughtSpeed and guard him?

Forgive me if this sounds like an impossible WTH action that we all should laugh at, I am still kina new to this whole game and I may not understand how some of the mechanics work correctly or if this is even a possible action.

Similar to how colossus had thrown wolverine in X3

Or maybe I would throw her and make a reflex save in her place against the falling ceiling

I thought it might be possible, as I have increased speed with move-by-action and super strength.

If this is not possible to do, then I suppose I'll just have to try and beat down Black Salamander a little more as I feel if we can bring down one of them, it might be easier for us to finish off the other three.  

Edited by Valcili

Everyone there is around 15-20 ft. from each other, so around 5 1/2 meters, easily within one Move Action, to the point where I'd waive it as an issue and not worth using up and entire Action.

As for picking up and throwing things and people, that's covered by page 36 of the Core Rules. It takes a Move Action to pick somebody up, and a Standard action to throw them. You'd need to clear it with Rob though, as Cho might not like being hoisted up and thrown around after being disoriented by heat and pain.

You could also, if you wish, SURGE for a Move action, allowing you to shoulder-check Thoughtspeed out of the fiery sea.

Sorry Valcili, but it's only politic to wait so long. Skipping BabyBrawler's turn, and moving on to Stronghold.

Stronghold! What is your considered view on how to stop 1) Cho from being buried under rubble, 2) Thoughtspeed from being burned again on Red 2's turn, and 3) the Yellow Salamander from seizing all of this bank's easily-moved cash or cash-equivalents?

Okay, Red Salamander goes again. Uses Area Attack.

As before, DC22 Reflex to halve the DC27 Toughness save. RobRX and horngeek's characters are the only ones int he blast radius.

She then moves towards the vault.

Rob, just as a reminder, Cho is still Dazed.

Next round should be the last.

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent! Cho is only Pinned, not burned on smashed.

Next round order.

Thoughtspeed: Staggered, 1HP

Black Salamander: Bruise(x1), Staggered-GM

Stronghold: Unconscious, 1HP

Cho Lee: Bruise(x2), Pinned(Rubble), 1HP

And then the influx of new talent.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4614880/ 19. Saboteur, tie-breaker with Red 1: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4614910/ 13/18, Red 1 stays in the lead.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4614889/ Besta Diabo 27.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4614894/ Racer Khonchu 31

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4614896/ Magmatic 11.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4614897/ Brainclay 11. Magmatic's bonus is higher, so she goes earlier.

So

Racer Khonchu: Unharmed-GM

Besta Diabo: Unharmed-GM

Saboteur: Unharmed-GM

Thoughtspeed: Staggered, 1HP

Black Salamander: Bruise(x1), Staggered-GM

Stronghold: Unconscious, 1HP

Magmatic: Unharmed-GM

Brainclay: Unharmed-GM

Cho Lee: Bruise(x2), Pinned(Rubble), 1HP

Racer Khonchu swoops in first, grabbing Stronghold and zipping outside to deposit her on the lawn.

Besta Diabo smashes in(in her Giant White Ape form, basically Hulk mode) through a formerly-pristine wall and tries to grab Red 1: 19, rerolling that: 14, with the +10 is 24. Hits. Grapple roll: 35. Red 1 tries for a DC35 Grapple save(he'll need a natural 20 to succeed): 27.

And he got the same on the 'on your turn, try to escape' roll.

Saboteur makes his shot, shooting at Black Salamander with a 20. That hits for a DC22 Toughness save: 17. Bruised and Dazed again.

Thoughtspeed is up.

Sorry for the delay on this. I don't have books at work, and weekend ended up with me mostly away from computer. I needed to look up Staggered!

*Low whistle* Geez. 1 action period, and any more damage and I go under. 

Okay. Going to spend my Hero Point to take a Full-Round Action to attempt Recovery. Except I guess technically it's this round and next round? Anyways. That's the thing I'm doing. That thing, it's my thing.

Recovery Check: 7. So, uh, I guess he gets a +1 when he makes a check again. In an hour.  :v:

That's Will for this round and next! I'm not going to bother with an in-character post. Just assume he's standing there shaking his head, hands on knees, or laying on the ground, or whatever.