Shadowboxer

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes, I'm still here, but I'm afraid I can't continue this game.

Due to unforseen real life problems and a general increase in activity of all kinds, I have to drop this thread. I'm truely sorry about this, and I hate to leave this hanging, but I have severely cut back on free time all over. I barely have the time to get to my long-standing games anymore.

Again, I'm sorry.

Hey, no problem. :) Real life tends to interfere with gaming; I one for one can attest to that.

Thanks for being a great GM. The game has been really enjoyable, and perhaps we can find someone to help us finish it. Of course, if that's all right with Veiled Malice.

Heridfel, would that be an option for you?

Anyway, take care V_M. We hope to see you on the boards again soon.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I took the liberty of finishing this game myself. Grim was delegated as a NPC and I used Nightrival's current stats to ease gameplay.

I calculated that NR had three HPs to his name. He started with three, spent one, and received one in the game. He spent one point to reroll an attack, the second on the Blind-Fight feat, and the third to recover from the staggered condition. He had to wait two turns before that took effect, so he used the defensive stance (adding +8 to his defense bonus) for two rounds until he recovered. Of all the rolls, I believe I "cheated" on one. This is when NR was knocked down again and he rolled terribly on his Toughness save. However, since he was threatened with death I figured a GM would most likely award me another HP for the complication. I suppose the "reroll" refelected that. :roll:

I didn't want to use Grim too much, seeing that she's Heritage's character. I had her conveniently absent for the fight until the situation worsened. I needed an escape route for NR, though her sudden healing power (she's mystical in nature, I figured she might have other powers attributed to her) was a little deus ex machina but I only had a few options available to me. Her Insubstantial power tires her out and using Extra Effort to gain the power stunt further fatigued her, keeping her out of the fight. Leaving NR to fight solo balanced everything out.

Anyway, this game is finished. The appropriate folks will be contacted.