The Hole (OOC)

Shadowboxer

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit I'm kind of stymied here as to how to survive this room, since it appears we have a 'gun hydra' situation going on. My one desperate thought is based on the area of the walls the guns came out of; is there any sort of space behind the housings that Grim might be able to wriggle into if Rival sort of lobs her up there? She can climb it but throwing would be faster.

I included a Notice check in the last round as a standard action. NR is looking for a way out, if anything pops up he can communicate it to Grim. However, Grim can make a Notice check as well.

We don't know how many guns are behind the wall. We can continue smashing them, but sooner or later they will roll high and we'll roll low and then it's game over.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I should have been clearer. There are six entrances to this area, not counting the two fans. All have the red eyed... creatures in them. The fans are above and below you, gated off by fencing. Unfortunately, you can't tell how far up and down the passages are, since it's too dark in there. You do have about ten feet to work with, since the intersection is fairly big.

Yes, you can throw your knives, but you'll suffer the same "prone fighting" penalty you would if you tried to fight in hand to hand.

You're not exactly sure how long it will take before whatever is coming at you will be there, but it should take at least a few rounds. Whether or not they have distance weapons is unknown by you at the time, though.

Okay, I have a complete picture now. :D

I have one more question, though. Do any of the six tunnels veer downwards, or are they all perpendicular to the tunnel we're currently in? Sorry about the interrogation. :roll:

When the critters get within ten feet, I'll have NR toss a few knives at them. That's his effective range.

They're all perpendicular - as far as you can see. Yours came up until it leveled off, about forty feet from the intersection.

Sorry about the interrogation. :roll:

Don't be. It's tough to know what's in the other guy's head, (especially mine :twisted: ) so don't worry if you need me to clarify things.

• 2 weeks later...