The Hole (OOC)

Shadowboxer

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, very good, both of you.

Now, here's what happened: Grim had a slightly lower DC to retain her hold on the ladder, because of the buffer provided by Nightrival. Unfortunately, that's rendered moot because she is now Bruised and Stunned, and falling towards the fire below her. Nightrival, of course, stands only slightly singed by the same flames and is more than capable of acting normally.

It's your move, Heritage. :twisted:

(Oh, and thanks, SB. That's considerably better than what Heritage called me in the chat. :) )

When your character is stunned, she cannot take actions until the following round.

Soooooo, does this mean Grim gets to spend the next round falling into the flames, unable to save herself? 'Cause that sounds like a really bad round to be stunned in :o

Yeah, you are without actions, but I thought you could make a reaction post or something.

Or just type crackling sizzling sound effects :twisted:

Nah, I will type something useful; say, might this be a job for Hero Points? I was going to save mine, but now things look sort of horrible for poor little Grim :cry:

Or you can put your faith in the SupermanlyTM Nightrival and hope he catches you. ;)

But yes, you can burn a HP to become unstunned, then try to make another Reflex save to catch the ladder as you fall.

Ok, I think I'm gonna trust in Nightrival for now :o

Alright, Heritage. Grim is up and about again, but the situation seems to be just like her name. You're trapped between two raging infernos, and the one above you is slowly cooking the both of you. Worse, the platform has almost completely retracted into the wall now. The same is true of the ladder.

But don't worry. I wouldn't put you in an inescapable deathtrap this early in the game. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, this riddle is freaking hard, even I'll admit it. There's like three levels of meaning in there from what I've seen, so I'll be giving you some help if you need it.

First, both of you give me an INT check. Add in any ranks you have for Knowledge: History or any other scientific disciplines. (Which I don't think either of you have. Sorry. :oops: ) Also, use Google to look up the hints. It should help.