Extracurriculars (OOC)

Gizmo

Set: Initiative.: 1d20+3 13

Sekhmet: Initiative.: 1d20+5 14

Snake Cultists: Initiative.: 1d20 10

Cobra Mech: Initiative.: 1d20 12

Tsunami, Thoughtspeed and TNTeen each get an extra HP for getting dragged along without much warning.

Tsunami: Knowledge [Tactics]

From their formation and the way they hold their weapons Giang can infer that the cultists are pretty well trained but from the way their shouting and carrying on she can also infer that they're more than a little bit crazy. The mech is obviously the biggest threat a handful of madmen with assault weapons on a crowded street can do a lot of damage very quickly if they're not dealt with. They've taken up positions around the feet of the mech like they were protecting a convoy transport.

TNTeen: Knowledge [Technology]

Gene knew he should have paid more attention in class! He can tell that the giant robotic exo-suit isn't quite cutting edge tech but at about three storeys tall it doesn't really have to be. There's definitely some sort of flamethrower weapon hooked up where the stylized snake head would have venom spitters and from the way the vents on the back are working he might guess that the thing is super-charged somehow.

Thoughtspeed: Notice

Well, this is a fine mess. Will notices that the ridiculous snake themed outfits the cultists are wearing looks like it's also pretty functional tactical armor, too. These guys might be theatrical nutjobs but they came prepared if nothing else. It's tough to see since the compartment's closed up but it looks like the mech has some sort of vault tucked away in its midsection, like the vault was ripped out of its original housing and the mech was transporting it away.

22 - Tsunami - Uninjured, 3HP

21 - Thoughtspeed - Uninjured, 2HP

14 - Sekhmet - Uninjured

12 - Set - Uninjured, 4HP

12 - Cobra Mech - Uninjured

11 - TNTeen - Uninjured, 3HP

10 - Snake Cultists x6 - Uninjured

Right then! Time to goonsweep. Will has his Kinetic Blades set to the Polearm AP.

Move Action: Get in the middle of the Snake Cultists, or as close to the middle as possible. The key part is them all being within 15 feet of me.

Standard Action: Melee Attack vs...uh, Cultist 2? I dunno, just the closest one I guess. I'm going to assume he can Take 10, which gives him a 21, with a DC 20 Toughness Save. The halberd has Takedown Attack 1. I don't recall (and don't have the book) if that requires the mook to go down, or just the attack hit. Also don't recall offhand if it goes to just 1 guy or everyone; I think TA1 lets you hit anyone in reach and next to the target, but you can't move between hits. The goal here is basically a circular, almost spinning attack, with the halberd construct.

Let me know if that will work.

If you knock out or disable an opponent with a melee attack, you get an immediate extra attack against another opponent within range and within 5 feet of where the previous target was when attacked. You can’t move before making this extra attack. The extra attack is with the same attack and attack bonus as the first. You can use this feat once per round, except when fighting minions, where you can use it an unlimited number of times, until you miss or there are no more opponents within range of your attack or your last target.

His polearm has 15' reach but he still can't move between attacks with one rank and he does have to take out a minion before he can use it to attack again. It's not an Area extra for 1PP!

Anyway, the cultists are spaced out pretty well around the feet of the mech, which big enough to mean there's some decent distance between them. I'll say that if he positions himself well he can hit two of the cultists plus the mech itself.

Snake Cultists

Toughness Save vs. DC 20.: 1d20+4 11

Toughness Save vs. DC 20.: 1d20+4 9

That's two down! Give me an actual attack roll if he wants to try for the mech while he's at it. Might as well!

Sekhmet
Opposed Grapple Check.: 1d20+16 24

Cobra Mech
Opposed Grapple Check.: 1d20+38 55

Set
Move Action: Taunt Cobra Mech.: 1d20+15 34
Standard Action: Shadow Globule vs. Cobra Mech.: 1d20+7 24

Cobra Mech
Will Save vs. DC 34.: 1d20+10 24
Reflex Save vs. DC 17.: 1d20+1 3
Standard Action: Laser Beam vs. Tsunami.: 1d20+10 23
50% Miss Chance: 1d2 2

That does still hit, so that's a DC 27 Toughness Save for Giang.

22 - Tsunami - Uninjured, 3HP, Pending DC 27 Toughness Save
14 - Sekhmet - Uninjured, Pinned
12 - Cobra Mech - Uninjured, Demoralized, Blinded
10 - Snake Cultists x4 - Uninjured

That hits and the Autofire gives him an additional +5 to the DC there.

Cobra Mech
Toughness Save vs. DC 27.: 1d20+15 35

Set
Luck Control: Spend HP to Force Re-Roll.

Cobra Mech
Toughness Save vs. DC 27.: 1d20+15 23

I'll say that successfully damages the arm and allows Sekhmet to escape!

22 - Tsunami - Uninjured, 3HP
14 - Sekhmet - Uninjured
12 - Set - Uninjured, 3HP
12 - Cobra Mech - Bruised x1, Demoralized, Blinded
11 - TNTeen - Uninjured, 3HP, -2 Defense
10 - Snake Cultists x4 - Uninjured

Hm hm hm...

Move Action: Get next to at least 2 of the Snake Cultists.

Standard Action: Melee Attack one of them. Take 10 for 21 to hit (which should do it again). Takedown Attack to hit the other one if the first drops. DC 20 Toughness Save.

Move Action: Move-By Action to get up close and personal with the last 2 Cultists. Cause he definitely has the movement for it!

Sekhmet
Move Action: Run up to Cobra Mech.
Standard Action: Corona Fists vs. Cobra Mech: 1d20+7 25
That's a critical hit with Improved Critical 2.

Cobra Mech
Toughness Save vs. DC 27.: 1d20+13 22

Set
Move Action: Feint Cobra Mech.: 1d20+10 25
Set-Up: Transfer Feint to Tsunami.
Standard Action: Sand Snare vs. Snake Cultists.

Snake Cultists
Reflex Save vs. DC 17.: 2#1d20+3 20 10
Reflex Save vs. DC 13.: 1d20+3 13
Reflex Save vs. DC 17.: 1d20+3 12

Cobra Mech
Will Save vs. DC 25.: 1d20+10 18
Fortitude Save vs. DC 17.: 1d20+9 20
Regeneration: Clear Bruised x1.

Full Action: Clear Dazed.

Everybody gets an HP with the revelation the Mech is regenerating! (It's clearing one bruise every other round.)

22 - Tsunami - Uninjured, 4HP
21 - Thoughtspeed - Uninjured, 3HP
14 - Sekhmet - Uninjured
12 - Cobra Mech - Bruised x2, Feinted vs. Tsunami
11 - TNTeen - Uninjured, 4HP
10 - Snake Cultist - Uninjured
10 - Snake Cultist - Bound

Well it worked so well last time. TNTeen's going to make a called shot against the mech's leg, hopefully bringing it down to street level and letting everyone get a good shot in. +2 All-Out attack for +2 Att/-2 Def.

TNTeen's ranged attack, vs Cobra Mech's leg. DC 22 Tou (1d20+9=15) Well I guess I'll spend one of those 4 HP.

TNTeen's ranged attack, vs Cobra Mech's leg. DC 22 Tou. HP Reroll (1d20+9=28) ... Yeah, that'll do it.

Edited by Raveled

Snake Cultist
Standard Action: Attack Set.: 1d20+4 13

22 - Tsunami - Uninjured, 4HP
21 - Thoughtspeed - Uninjured, 3HP
14 - Sekhmet - Uninjured
12 - Cobra Mech - Bruised x2, Feinted vs. Tsunami
10 - Snake Cultist - Uninjured
10 - Snake Cultist - Bound

Okay, while I wait for your IC post Giz, I will make an attack roll for Tsunami, still fully Power Attack shifted (-5 atk/+5 dam), and she only gets a 10 on the attack roll.

Unless that hits (and even with the mecha feinted, I am not sure it will, so she will use a HP to reroll, 14, which is increased to 24 with the +10 to the 8 rolled.  Damage is DC 31 again (+18 attack for knockback purposes)