Hooks R' Us

Warmonger

Alright so I wanted to help out on the board to thank the admins for this great site. One of the things I noticed was that there are a bunch of players with characters sort of twisting in the wind with what direction or story they might want to try. New chars are created and the people struggle for somewhere to fit into a story, when I think that creating your own is probably just as good.

This pretty much only works with characters that have developed backgrounds and aren't just a face for some superpowers. So if you have a char collecting dust and you want to use them but want help with a good hook, drop me a line.

I'm no Tolkein but I'll give whatever hand I can, or your money back.

I think it is a great idea too. You don't need to be an official Referee to help out with story ideas or even act as a limited GM (as long as all the players are willing). I think this is a great opportunity for players who are looking for a custom-built story, but have just been unable to come up with one by themselves. I'd jump at the chance. :D

Well looking at your chars background story a couple of things jump out. I get that you are working on an X-Men like vibe. So I thought it would be interesting if say someone close to one of the people that died when her powers manifseted could have a vendetta against them. Maybe it is parent that has become obsessed with their dead child and won't rest until they feel that you pay for it. It would be interesting if that person were powerful or influential somehow, like a police chief a judge or something. Another idea is that mabye a sibling or close friend of one of the dead teenagers has become obsessed with revenge too. I was thinking maybe they have developed powers of their own and want to even the score.

Of course with that in mind anything is possible. Maybe a simple kid-nap your parents scheme, or more elaborate. Such a s blackmailing Summers to give you up and maybe someone sets you on their trial instead, maybe they threaten the school. Depends on where you want to take it.