A day at the (super) gym (OOC)

MarkK

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only seen Archville and Kitty. The darkness could be a trick for all he knows and cares.

And the Tech-Priests (and whatever else we face in that adventure).

And Valencia.

And in his own native time he may well have fought against agents of Pluto (Hades) or Medea, or magically-enhanced Norse Berserkers, or Celtic Druids, or etc. etc. etc. He may not know "superhero," but he should know of "magic" and "the gods."

English not very good is it? Plus, he really doesn't like fighting something he deems teasing him and extremely tough to kill. Legionnaire doesn't even know about supers.

If Valencia stays around him, that will soon change.

You described him going into a blood maddened fury and attempting to hack someone up with a sword. Moreover, what was he even doing showing up then to a training day promoted through the city's superhero community, given all these problems you list?

Finally, how best to say.. Romans are not anime samurai. Someone interrupting a training session gone wrong does not "remove your honour".

Do you want to continue playing Legionnaire as a heroic character in Freedom City? A time-travel thing like shazam mentioned can be a fine way to introduce a series of adventures where he could redeem himself in other's eyes.

Alternatively, would you be terribly opposed to having him be re-labeled as a villain (disproportionate revenge over quasi-imagined slights)?

In either case, I would advise you in the future to keep in mind the potentially huge gap in power between PL 6 and PL 10 characters.

Okay, I've been talking with Barnum on this.

She mentions that unless Nareik's player wants his character to be returned to his own time, it can't happen.

From Nareik's wide variety of comments to date, I'm assuming then it can't happen.

This leaves the problem that the Emissary, particularly, would not let an attempted murderer stroll back onto the streets of Freedom.

Barnum mentions that if Nareik doesn't want to play out his character as going through potential trial and jail time, that such can't go through either.

At this point she suggests just retconning the entire thread from having happened.

For myself particularly that I find it completely implausible that various of the characters here would just let Legionnaire walk away from this.

And for future reference? I would suggest that Legionnaire keep out of any threads involving people with, one, far higher PLs than he, two, the Freedom League, three, people who do not have a Punisher style take on life.

Unless Nareik does in fact either want to deal with his character being sent back to his own time, or facing jail time, but that seems highly doubtful.

He could be arrested, but later break out. I've a feeling Emissary & Captain Wonder would want to keep a close on him at least until he finally gets sent to prison, so breaking out from the cop car or during the trial probably wouldn't work. But once he's in jail, Emissary's & Wonder's attentions are bound to turn elsewhere, so he'd not immediately notice if Legionnaire broke out.

Heck, he might even like it in prison, if he takes over as a "Big Man on the Block" and forms a small army. Might even start a riot, which some heroes would need to go in and stop.

As for him landing in prison, seeing how he's still "merely" human he'd land in South River instead of Blackstone. From there he could probably either escape on his own or manage to instigate and lead a riot, subsequently getting away either on his own or with a number of other criminals.

Off of the assumption that you neither want Legionnaire sent back in time, nor sent to jail, the ic part of the thread sort of hit a wall, so I am going off of Barnum's suggestion that it just be retconned from ever having occured.

Since for it to continue, one of those two things would have to occur.