A day at the (super) gym (OOC)

MarkK

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...What?

I believe you've misunderstood something. When you spend a Hero Point for a reroll you roll again as normal, except that if the die shows a number between 1-10 you add another ten the result. So in your case the worst result you could end up with on your save would be 17; merely a bruise.

You've currently only got one rank of Rage listed on your sheet, and I do believe a second rank spent on effect would put you above your PL in any case.

Ah well, I rolled so poorly in any case that I'm spending a Hero Point of my own. Adopting an Aggressive Stance, sacrificing defence for attack.

You've got a DC 23 Toughness save to make, keep in mind the -1 penalty for being bruised.

It wouldn't, if the extra rank went to duration.

If it went to effect (bumping his Str up to +6 rather than +4), it'd give him a Str of 24/+7. Which, combined with his Attack bonus of +6, wouldn't break his PL Caps... but if he uses his Gladius (mighty +2 Strike), that'd bump his damage up to +9, which combined with his +6 Attack would break PL caps (attack + damage must be less than or equal to 2 x PL).

"Annoying regen"? For one her only regeneration is the ability to come back from the dead without fail, after a day or so. Secondly she hasn't even mentioned that she can do so.

You could just go with Power Attack when it comes to overcoming my Impervious Toughness; a single point shifted from attack to damage would suffice.

Yes, i did go into a frenzy and tried to use my sword as a super effective can opener. Well, i need a way to defeat Mongrel with the annoying regen.

... I'm conferring with one of the Refs at this point as far as how to handle this in terms of reactions. I'll hopefully be able to move the thread along this evening.

Thank you regardless for confirming.

Then indeed, you're grappled.

And since your character does not seem to be letting go of the death rage, the Emissary will opt for the squeeze to unconsciousness option.

Toughness save against dc 27, remember the -1 for having a bruised result.

Well, that you're stunned obviates needing a new grapple check, so, going with damage again, another toughness save at 27 Nareik, and if you could factor in your bruised results this time when calculating the total, I'd appreciate it.

Being a student of history specializing the relevant period I've got to say I kinda agree. Romans in war were stubborn, disciplined (at least in theory), and emphasized teamwork over personal skill and valour; doesn't really fit when describing Legionnaire.

Not to mention that according to the background you have for him, he would be from a Senatorial family, which means his career path would be very different. He would have been well educated, and while he certainly would have had military service, it would have been as a tribunal, or junior officer, initially and perhaps then to higher ranking postings, before he would have gone back to Rome to sit in the senate.