A day at the (super) gym

MarkK

He's not...?

He couldn't... could he?

Well... if anyone could, that cheese-head could... and would.

He... we... should he be sent back? Maybe he's here for a reason?

Yeah, and maybe it's to -- in a roundabout way -- recruit us. For... something.

Yeah, but for what?

Only one way to find out. (Besides, if they get lost along the way, I want to make sure they don't accidentally do something to erase our existence.)

Archeville stepped forward, "I vould very much like to help, Herr Kapitan. Timepieces are a specialty of mine, und time travel is something I vould very much like to experience, if permissible. Besides, I fought by zhis man's side once before, und would prefer to see an outcome vhere... everyone gets something zhey vould prefer."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some time passed, and with Captain Wonder discovering that the Heliopolitan gods gave a sense of being unwilling to apply their might to this problem, perhaps out of some feeling that the Legionnaire should face a measure of harsher justice for his acts, the heroes were left with the solutions of the mortal world.

Which made for the timelost Roman being stripped of his gear, and with all reports taken, and the trouble being at Freedom Hall itself, a STAR team performing the arrest and taking the man away.

And after all the dust settled, and Mongrel Angel's arm was bandaged, the Emissary was left rubbing the back of his head with a bit of a frown.

"I am sorry that occured. I... hm. It does mar the day some, I have to admit."

"It happens," says Wonder. "You all did the right thing, helping that girl and calling the cops." He turns and waves to the window where they're being watched, the architect and superhero in him letting him guess what isn't obvious. "And you too, up there! You all did that well."

Wonder if he'll be sent to the same place Dryad's was at?

Nah, he doesn't seem to have any powers, they'll just send him to a mundane prison.

True. Well, looks like we'll not be doing any time-traveling, at least not in the immediate future.

Probably for the best.

Bah. Anyway, where were we?

Training, making friends, that sort of stuff.

Oh... right. Feh.

Archeville checked Mongrel Ange's bandage one last time, "zhat should heal mit no trouble, in time." He smiled at her, though it looked more manic than what most folks would call normal.

The Emissary can't quite resist his habit of smiling in return when others do, and he straightens.

"There was at least a workout today I suppose, just not the one I intended. I'm inclined to try reconfiguring the room, but alternatively, I did also prepare refreshments for the lounge. It was supposed to be for well later, but.."

He eyed some spots of blood in the sparring circle.

"The day's course has gone differently."

Wonder looks around at the others for a moment, naturally judging them to be in the same state of mind he is. "I know I've seen enough fighting for one day." He grins at Emissary. "Let's teach the kids it's not all about fighting," he adds, before clapping the silver man on the shoulder. Turning to the younger ones, he says, "I'll tell you all the story of what happened when we tried to induct the Sea-King's father into the Liberty League."

Well, that was... interesting.

Poor guy, he must be so confused, lost in time, everyone he knows long dead, every place he knows radically different.

Confused at people taking offense to his running at them with a sword, rather than falling dead at his feet or scrambling away screaming....

Maybe he'll be taken to Providence, the psychiatrists there may be able to help him sort things out.

Or lock him away forever. "Yes, I'm a Roman Legionnaire from the distant past!" -- even in Freedom City, that's going to be met with some skepticism.

True, but I'm sure they've someone on staff who can run chronometric scans. And besi-

Wait! ......... did he just say refreshments?

Archeville lit up at Captain Wonder's words -- he certainly looked like one of the younger ones. "Zhat does sound interestink! How much property damage vas zhere?"

As people begin talking, the Emissary leads them on over to the lounge, where he takes some time arranging the snack tables he had readied, revealing, if prettily arranged, trays of sliced fruits, a variety of snack sized vegetables, glasses, and a few pitchers of cold water, flavoured by the fruits that floated within them.

He actually looked apologetic.

"I wanted to go with pastries, but I was heavily worked on not to break with a theme of a day of excercise. I do quite like the tiny baby cauliflowers though."

Velocity listened to Captain Wonder’s story along with the others, smiling as she listened with some interest.

When Dr. Archeville began asking some questions, the teenage speedster moved over to where Emissary was arranging the snacks, smiling at him as he apologized about not having pastries. “This is just fine Emissary.†She said. “After all, after a good workout, it is far better to have healthy foods.â€Â

With that she filled a small plate with several of the things laid out in the blink of an eye. But then she ate at normal speed.

"And then he said 'Wait, comrades-in-arms? That's not what I thought you said!" Captain Wonder is in fine form at the end of the story, waving his arms to match the thrusting trident of the late king of Atlantis. "So it turns out he thought we'd all be enjoyin' relations with Siren while she was here and he was off being king!" He shakes his head.

"No one was really hurt, but between the damage to the Steel Eagle and the big ruckus between Siren and Theseus after that, they decided they only needed one Atlantean on the League." His smile fades just a little. "I never did get a chance to meet his boy. I heard good things about Sea-King, though." He takes water and vegetables only for his snack, avoiding anything heavier.

• 3 weeks later...

The Emissary listens with the others, and as each of them is likely to do, shares such stories of his own as he has to tell as the group talks and laughs well into the afternoon. A day that ultimately became one of leisure building ties as well as one of strain might have.