• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh, he's good.

Feh. We can do better.

Oh, I suppose you've got a plan, eh?

Always.

You gonna share?

Nope.

As Captain Wonder speedily steamrolled over the robots, Archeville pointed at one and called out, "zhat von's mine!" Still twirling his wand-like device in one hand, he took a few steps forward. As he did, his other hand danced across his ultra-tech belt and his shimmering blue force field sprang up. "Let's see vhat you've got...."

OOC: Full force field is up, giving him Toughness of +12 (Impervious 10).

With a blast of coruscating waves of energy arcing toward him just as his shields raise, the good Doctor apparently is about to see what they have indeed! And apparently.. as that energy splashes right off the shield as though it was water, they don't have a heck of a lot. That or his shields really are that good.

Captain Wonder for his part feels his fists crunch right through the combat drones he faces and out the other side of him, sending out a shower of sparks that bounce right off of his face.

The Emissary for his part pushed himself up into a spin of his body end over end along the bar he gripped, releasing at a precise moment to send him hurtling further into the maze, tucking his body into a ball as he passed through a small temporary pathway formed in the shifting metal, stretching out in time to grab for another of the bars as they passed by, pulling himself up onto it, then leaping off to continue his progress through, all with a bit of clanging of metal on metal.

He did look chagrinned at the sound. For all his evident grace, he was providing something of a soundtrack done in cymbals to his progress.

"Next time plastics" went his somewhat grumbly thoughts.

Even as such notions flickered through his mind, a light flashed on the wall, and the pace of the motion and weaving patterns of the bars increased, at times seeming to flow rather deceptively into, out from, and behind each other, the metal bending and blurring.

Let's see... ah, that's what I want! A firm tug and-

What, you're actually going in to combat? Not standing back and using the EMS to usurp control?

Of course. After all, these things are only going to get tougher, so we may as well go in while it's fairly safe. When things get too hairy, we'll move back.

Hrm, good point.

As the stream of energy washed over Archeville, he steps forward and reaches out for the robot. "Zhese vires und cables look very important, a part of zhe coordination und guidance system, it seems." With a bit of help from his electromagnetic screwdriver he disconnected several cables...

OOC: I'd like to use Extra Effort to stunt "Drain Dexterity 10 (Affects Objects, Objects Only)" off his Enhanced Intelligence 10 (since he knows just what components to yank out). Spending one of my three Hero Points to negate the fatigue.

Velocity continued her acrobatic path through the arial maze, finishing the first pass as she heard the metal clanging alongside from Emissary. She smiled slightly as they finished their first pass and began the second, the maze shifting and becoming more difficult.

The yellow clad speedster grasped a bar as she soared through the air, swinging down through the bottom and as she started around the opposite side, she released the bar. As her momentum carried her up into the air, she tucked her knees in, and executed half a rotation so her upper body was now in the lead. Opening back up, her hands reached up as she grabbed another bar.

Managing a glance over at Emissary, she called out, “Might want to turn up the difficulty a bit more.†She said with a smile.

Legionnaire brushed the blood away with his fist. Suddenly, he let rip with a deafening roar. It shook the room as his muscles stood taught. Legionnaire let the adrenaline fuel into his system. When he stood roaring, possibly alerting everybody in the gym his presence. He looked into Mongrel angels eyes, his eyes blood red with rage. He thundered towards the angel, and swung his sword with the strength of five men.

Strength of five men or not Mongrel Angel simply isn't human and merely gets a shallow cut across her left forearm as she instinctively bats away the incoming sword blow. While not as clearly enraged as her opponent the smaller girl opts as well to go on the offensive in an attempt to end it quickly. Her wild strike would have missed but for the fact that the raging warrior in front isn't paying as much attention to his defence as normal.

Raven was watching the contests unfold from the control room. In the few seconds that her attention was off the Roman soldier and on the others, he had flown into a rage and there was a sword and blood.

"What the @#$%!?!" Raven smacked her forehead and began pressing buttons on the control panel. "Idiots. What part of training don't they understand?"

In a second the alarm buzzer sounded, followed by the automated voice:

"SAFETY PROTOCOLS ARE NO OFF. SHIELDS ARE DOWN."

Raven's voice came over the loudspeaker. "Somebody separate those two before they get hurt."

The Emissary's widely encompassing senses had already taken in the sights and sounds of the Legionnaire's escalation of violence, and he had forsaken his next pass through the maze to fly out from it, forcefully enough to drive the air about him into whipping gusts of wind. It was fortunate that Raven had lowered the shields, or he would have otherwise sought to just smash right through them.

His expression mingled somewhere between shock and dissapointment as he veered down to the time lost centurion, grabbing for him to pull him into a bear hug as he bellowed at the soldier.

"Why! What is wrong with you! Why!"

Velocity had been paying little attention to what was going on in the other parts of the gym, as, despite her teasing, she was having to focus a good deal on the obstacle course she and Emissary were traversing. At the sound of the automated voice, she stopped what she was doing, coming to a halt in a handstand above the bar she had just swung up to.

Looking down, she saw the scene between Legionnaire and Mongrel Angel, and heard Raven’s voice over the loud speakers. Normally, she could have been the first one there to try to do something, but being above the ground as she was, she could not rush down to the scene. Instead, she swung down from the handstand, dropping down to the floor. She had to wait for gravity to pull her down, a feeling that seemed far to slow to her. In that time, Emissary had been able to fly over and try to grapple Legionnaire. Velocity landed lightly, and waited to see what happened and if Emissary needed any help, which she rather doubted.

"Vas ist-?" Archeville blurted as he saw the shields go down. Raven's voice over the comm soon told him why, and turning to his fellow trainees, he saw why, too.

Oh, cripes, has he gone mad? We've got to help her!

Pft, why bother?

Why? WHY? You thick-headed lout, have you not been paying attention?!

'Course I have. Haven't you? Have you not noticed that, while you've been bleating, Emissary's already swooped over and tackled him? There's nothing for us to do but wait to see what's happened.

But... we...

Look, we can't be everywhere at once, you know that as well as I. Besides, what is it you're always telling me? 'Even in silence, volumes are spoken,' or somesuch?

I don't see how-

Just watch and listen. The situation seems to've been handled, and that's the important thing, right?

You're taking this eerily well. Where's your pride? Don't you want to be the one to've stopped him?

To save the girl from the rampaging brute? Sure. But why dirty ourselves when others can do it for us?

Archeville zipped over to Mongel Angel, "Are you alright? No serious injuries?"

Legionnaire grabbed Wonder a visciously tried to stop him grabbing onto him. But Legionnaire failed and Wonder got a good enough grip on him.

"Pathetic! I have been cursed by the Gods to come here! I thought you were warriors worthy of song and praise, But you squeal like a pox ridden pig at the sign of blood? You dishonour me! Now get your accursed, filth hands off me!" Cassius roared, proving he was from a time etiquette wasn't a big thing.

Though his tone and expression calm, there is a hint of quiet anger lingering as he takes in the Legionnaire's struggles and cries.

"My apologies, but given the language gap between us, I can only guess that you have expressed your desire to continue to act like a bloodthirsty lunatic if I let you go. Unfortunately, I can only fathom one response to this."

And so he begins to squeeze with pressure enough to try and drive the Roman past the boundaries of consciousness.

Though his tone and expression calm, there is a hint of quiet anger lingering as he takes in the Legionnaire's struggles and cries.

"My apologies, but given the language gap between us, I can only guess that you have expressed your desire to continue to act like a bloodthirsty lunatic if I let you go. Unfortunately, I can only fathom one response to this."

And so he begins to squeeze with pressure enough to try and drive the Roman past the boundaries of consciousness.

Captain Wonder's reflexes are not what they should have been; by the time he realizes the danger of the situation, the others already have it in hand. That's momentarily irritating, but a hero surely wouldn't let ego stand in his way in a crisis. (Well, maybe a little...) He flies over to help Emissary as soon as the situation allows for it, providing a quick translation for the captured Roman.

"Stop struggling. Now."

To the Emissary, he adds, "If you can subdue him, I can send him where he belongs."

And when the soldier finally goes limp, the Emissary just sighs, shakes his head, and looks back to Captain Wonder.

"I am honestly inclined to see this man face some ramification for what looked as an effort to kill his sparring partner, but I trust in whatever resolution you seek to bring to this."

Mongrel Angel is at first a bit irritated that their bout is cut short, but after a few moments of thought gets over it. Seeing that the Emissary had things well in hand she refrains from lending a hand, she might just end up getting in the way. Just as she concluded this Archeville came over and inquired how badly she'd been hurt.

"Not to badly I think." Contorting herself slightly to look at the cut close up the short lass stares at it for a moment, then licks it clearing away some of the blood obscuring the actual cut. "Hmm, it's only just deep enough to be actually called a wound in my opinion. I might be able to fix it on my own, but that would be tiring."

"Agreed." Wonder reaches out to take the unconscious Roman from Emissary, the big gladiator easily held up by the World's Mightiest Man. He looks around at the others, a questioning look on his face. When he speaks, it's with a tone of voice straight out of legend. Or, perhaps, an old comic book.

"This man's problems are beyond my help. But I know of those who can bridge the rivers of time and space." He hesitates a moment, looking at the others, and his voice drops back to normal. "Will you all join me there, as did my friends sixty years ago?"

The Emissary's immediate response is, overall, a wince, as the force of hundreds of lectures come crashing down on his mind.

"My people's scientists have.. ahm.. I did not really grasp all the particulars, but they were very keen to reinforce upon me that mucking about with temporal mechanics is a deeply unfortunate course of action. That of course said, the only options available for this man in my view are ultimately some form of incarceration, or indeed, returning him to his own time. The latter is probably for the best for everyone concerned. If it can be done, I am happy to help you."

Velocity moved over as Emissary managed to subdue the wild Legionnaire, noting the tone with which Captain Wonder spoke. She could only feel a bit of amazement at seeing and hearing him, he did seem so much the living legend that he was.

“Yeah, I can go along.†She managed to say. She looked down at the unconscious man and had to wonder about him. From what little she knew of the Romans, their legions were supposed to be highly disciplined, something this man seemed completely the opposite of.