Hazard Lane

Well it was worth a shot she’d learnt a little about what the problem was, and that this wasn’t a problems that could be sorted out by conversations. So not a job for Dancia it seemed and the gas would give her a good chance to switch over to Triakosia.

In an apparently futile attempt to stop the gas she quickly put on her helmet, before passing out. Or that was at least what Dancia wanted Hazard to think was happening, her plan to wait until Hazard thought she was out, then slip out of the hazmat suit to wait for Hazard to act.

GM

Hazard put her revolver in its holster, and casually stepped over Dancia. 

And stopped. 

Slowly, she turned round, and prodded her with a heavy boot. 

"Should have worked faster..." she said, softly, puzzled. 

She drew her gun out again, and studied it, even shook it. No click, no crunch, no problem. She looked down the barrel.

There was another pause. 

Hazard turned and leant into Daskia's face. Her breathing was laboured, shallow, and bubbled. But it was masked by the constant in-out hiss of the mechanical respirator she wore, complete with puffs of gas coming from either side of her heavy mask. Overall, Hazard looked like a knight, in an armoured hazmat suit. On closer inspection, Daskia could see it was advanced. Armoured, plated, with gauntlets that appeared to have power assistance. 

"Who are you? Is this some kind of trick?" she hissed. If it was (and it was), Hazard was not being very careful about it, leaning right in to study Daskia's helmet and face. She must have been smart to work down here with Singh, but she had no sense...or was it too much confidence?

For a second Dancia almost decided to play dead and hope she could fool Hazard this time, but she decided that if it hadn’t worked this time then it couldn’t work now.

“Well you aren't about to find out from me, let’s just call it a bit of a surprise like this.â€

Hoping for the element of surprise, despite having been rumbled, her nearest hand shot out to grab the other woman with the plan to pull the other woman to the ground whilst she got back to her feet. SHe hoped that her luck would hold out this time.

• 4 weeks later...

GM

Hazard stumbled back at the last moment, whipping her hand away. 

"Fast...fast..." she wheezed through the gas mask.

But Hazard was fast too, and smart. You didn't employ stupid people to work in secret chemical weapon laboratories. 

She brought her revolver too bare on Dancia. "But are you fast enough, dear? You shouldn't come between a woman and her revenge! I wish you hadn't stumbled in here. But you have..."

A click of the revolver, and a shell fired out, whizzing past Dancia's face, hitting the lift controls behind her. The shell exploded into a corrosive chemical mix, causing an acrid smell and fizzing sparks from the shot lift. Getting out of here would be an interesting challenge, now...

• 2 months later...

Quicker than the other woman could react, we at least she hope, she shot up off the ground and headed towards the woman.

“Well I guess you’re not going to know. because there is no way I’m going to allow you to get you revenge.â€

She halted right next to the woman and threw a punch at her, the speeds she could fly at might have hurt her. She didn’t want to seriously wound her only disable her, after all she sounded that she had a serious claim against this man.

GM

Triasoka's punch was powerful, but then, Hazards armoured chemical suit was robust too. She took a few steps back from the blow. For a moment, there was a hissing sound, then a few clicks in her suit. 

"You fool!" came the distorted voice as Hazard kept walking backwards. "Do you know what you do? I am infected! My whole body riddled with a deadly Virus, lethal! If you break my suit, you place everyone in mortal danger!" she yelled. 

This was her secret - her suit was not only for her own protection, but everyone around her. She could hold a gun to the world, blackmailing them. 

"Don't try that again!" she ordered, firing another Shell from her revolver, a gas grenade that filled the air with a noxious chemical.