Shinken - PL 11 - Toptomcat

I have not read the backstory yet. [but I will] :D Here is what I found.....

1] I would say that the minions they way you are describing them should be the connected feat instead. You can say that you have this task force that owes you a favour when your HQ is attacked or the big bad guy hits. [which would save points]

2] That is a lot of wealth. That is a 40 wealth! Why so much?

3] Ok after reading what others have posted and taking another look at your stats, Am I to understand that the 18 str is in the suit and the 4 is just the man? I started at the top and work my way down so I thought you spent 30 points on abilities. We ask players to submit characters in a uniformed way so that the ones of us that review PC’s can glide over the submission with easy. It saves us time so that we can get to other players submission in a timely manor.

4] If I added everything correctly you still have 13 points to spend on the suit. [i counted only 115]

5] It looks like the sword is using only 16 out of 20 points.

6] “Vulnerable (nerve gas: Uncommon, Major, ad hoc ad +1 pt because it bypasses normal Immunity)†What is hoc? I add the drawback at +3

I am not going to look at the minions yet until there is a decision made.

Even if the drawback is a -4, I still add things up at 151. [152 if drawback is -3]

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not read the backstory yet. [but I will] :D Here is what I found.....

1] I would say that the minions they way you are describing them should be the connected feat instead. You can say that you have this task force that owes you a favour when your HQ is attacked or the big bad guy hits. [which would save points]

2] That is a lot of wealth. That is a 40 wealth! Why so much?

3] Ok after reading what others have posted and taking another look at your stats, Am I to understand that the 18 str is in the suit and the 4 is just the man? I started at the top and work my way down so I thought you spent 30 points on abilities. We ask players to submit characters in a uniformed way so that the ones of us that review PC’s can glide over the submission with easy. It saves us time so that we can get to other players submission in a timely manor.

4] If I added everything correctly you still have 13 points to spend on the suit. [i counted only 115]

5] It looks like the sword is using only 16 out of 20 points.

6] “Vulnerable (nerve gas: Uncommon, Major, ad hoc ad +1 pt because it bypasses normal Immunity)†What is hoc? I add the drawback at +3

I am not going to look at the minions yet until there is a decision made.

Even if the drawback is a -4, I still add things up at 151. [152 if drawback is -3]

1. I don't want them arriving one or ten or twenty minutes into a supervillian attack. I want them on the premises, at all times, available- and I'm willing to pay the points for that.

2. 40? Oops. I was only going for 32, but forgot about the +8 base you get. I want Benjiro to be Forbes list material, but not top ten. That frees up two points.

3. Yes, 18 Str is in the suit and 4 is the man. I'll change from augmented/unaugmented to the reverse.

4. Everything listed under the Device is granted by it- the powers, the feats, the BAB and BDB, and the skills. 66 points for powers + 28 points for the combat bonii + 28 points for the feats + 3 for the skills = 125 points.

5. The four points I think you aren't seeing come from buying the Penetrating extra on the four points of Strength- that thing you have to do whenever you buy a Mighty Strike.

6. Ad hoc is 'this isn't covered in the rules, but seems significant'- I gave it an extra +1 for bypassing the normal Immunity to poison.

I will re-check point totals, with the Wealth change in mind, and get back to ya.

1. I don't want them arriving one or ten or twenty minutes into a supervillian attack. I want them on the premises, at all times, available- and I'm willing to pay the points for that.

2. 40? Oops. I was only going for 32, but forgot about the +8 base you get. I want Benjiro to be Forbes list material, but not top ten. That frees up two points.

3. Yes, 18 Str is in the suit and 4 is the man. I'll change from augmented/unaugmented to the reverse.

4. Everything listed under the Device is granted by it- the powers, the feats, the BAB and BDB, and the skills. 66 points for powers + 28 points for the combat bonii + 28 points for the feats + 3 for the skills = 125 points.

5. The four points I think you aren't seeing come from buying the Penetrating extra on the four points of Strength- that thing you have to do whenever you buy a Mighty Strike.

6. Ad hoc is 'this isn't covered in the rules, but seems significant'- I gave it an extra +1 for bypassing the normal Immunity to poison.

I will re-check point totals, with the Wealth change in mind, and get back to ya.

After what should have been a two-point feat revision and another double-check of the points, I'm clocking in at 146 by my count, having apparantly overestimated the skills cost by 2 the first time around. Once review is finished, I'll spend the 4 pp on something uncontroversial and easy-to-understand, probably saves, but I won't change things around while under review.

After what should have been a two-point feat revision and another double-check of the points, I'm clocking in at 146 by my count, having apparantly overestimated the skills cost by 2 the first time around. Once review is finished, I'll spend the 4 pp on something uncontroversial and easy-to-understand, probably saves, but I won't change things around while under review.

okay, I did the math...well preliminary math on my end and I got 149 but i think I know the difference in math. I got 57 points of skills (five points of languages +2 to read/speak English, +2 for read/speak Chinese, +1 for speak Korean, figured Japanese was your native language), and I think you forgot to add in the two points from Restricted x2 for the battlesuit. Thats a minor difference though.

I checked over the math for the battlesuit...which by the way I don't see as being all that complex really I understood it at first glance just had a question about the shapshift power but you answered that to my satisfaction.

All said and done I don't see any major problems with him at this stage.

okay, I did the math...well preliminary math on my end and I got 149 but i think I know the difference in math. I got 57 points of skills (five points of languages +2 to read/speak English, +2 for read/speak Chinese, +1 for speak Korean, figured Japanese was your native language), and I think you forgot to add in the two points from Restricted x2 for the battlesuit. Thats a minor difference though.

I checked over the math for the battlesuit...which by the way I don't see as being all that complex really I understood it at first glance just had a question about the shapshift power but you answered that to my satisfaction.

*click* Ah. I forgot about speaking and reading costing two skill points, not one- and failed to account for Restricted. Things have been recalculated, and Korean removed to put things at 148.

So you don't see any major problem with adding a point to the Vulnerablility for bypassing an Immunity?

Additionally, when can I expect a ruling on the Minions issue?

*click* Ah. I forgot about speaking and reading costing two skill points, not one- and failed to account for Restricted. Things have been recalculated, and Korean removed to put things at 148.

So you don't see any major problem with adding a point to the Vulnerablility for bypassing an Immunity?

Oh, hey. I didn't notice that brightly-painted power armor and plasma swords unquestionably qualified for the Noticable drawback, which nets me an extra two points. Duh. I'm back to 146.

I say, "no." I would say that devices are already noticeable by default. The text says that only Continuous, Permanent, or mental powers qualify for the Drawback, and UP specifically dropped the “Permanent†Duration from its description of Devices. The fact that a device is noticeable by default (and also a target for bad guys) is built into the container discount.

Oh, hey. I didn't notice that brightly-painted power armor and plasma swords unquestionably qualified for the Noticable drawback, which nets me an extra two points. Duh. I'm back to 146.

I say, "no." I would say that devices are already noticeable by default. The text says that only Continuous, Permanent, or mental powers qualify for the Drawback, and UP specifically dropped the “Permanent†Duration from its description of Devices. The fact that a device is noticeable by default (and also a target for bad guys) is built into the container discount.