Shinken - PL 11 - Toptomcat

Oh, hey. I didn't notice that brightly-painted power armor and plasma swords unquestionably qualified for the Noticable drawback, which nets me an extra two points. Duh. I'm back to 146.

I say, "no." I would say that devices are already noticeable by default. The text says that only Continuous, Permanent, or mental powers qualify for the Drawback, and UP specifically dropped the “Permanent†Duration from its description of Devices. The fact that a device is noticeable by default (and also a target for bad guys) is built into the container discount.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My appolgies for the delay. We have come to the descision that the army needs to be a contact that owes you favors [such as watching the house and fight the "big bad guy"] and not as minions. We want to avoid saying "yes" to them and then if you try to use them in a situation we feel is inappropriate were we would have to say "no you can't". That just would not be fair to everyone.

You can take a couple of points to add contacts and then spend the rest where ever. Again I am sorry it took so long.

My appolgies for the delay. We have come to the descision that the army needs to be a contact that owes you favors [such as watching the house and fight the "big bad guy"] and not as minions. We want to avoid saying "yes" to them and then if you try to use them in a situation we feel is inappropriate were we would have to say "no you can't". That just would not be fair to everyone.

You can take a couple of points to add contacts and then spend the rest where ever. Again I am sorry it took so long.

1. The bonus on your Dex should be +5 not +6.

2. On your devices, does extra effort apply to you or to the battlesuit/sword?

3. You have more points in your Battle Suit than you should. I count 138, but device 27 only grants 135. You have . . .

40 for enhanced abilities, 7 for protection, 9 for immunity, 23 points in Shapeshit, 28 for combat bonuses, 28 feats, and 3 skill points = 138.

I think your mistake is here:

Rank 4 Shapeshifting (modular systems)

Flaw: Action 3x (takes one minute to reconfigure)

Changing the action from Move to Full-round is a -2 flaw. Changing the Action from full-round to 1 minute (one step down the TVP chart) is a 1 pt drawback (see page 125 for a description of the "Action" drawback).

Also, you do know that none of the ranks or bonuses of the assumed form while using shapeshift can be higher than your Shapshift rank, right?

4. You have too many PPs in one of the alt power slots on your sword.

Rank 6 Strike (lethal)

Extras: Penetrating

Power Feats: Mighty, Alternate Power 3x

Alt:

Rank 6 Strike (nonlethal)

Power Feats: Mighty

Alt:

Rank 8 Stun (electrical: alt mode of blunt sword)

Alt:

Rank 6 Strike (plasma: alt mode of sharp sword)

Stun 8 costs 16 points, but you only have 13 PPs in the main power (not counting the alternate power feats): Strike 6 [Extra] - 13 PPs.

3. You have more points in your Battle Suit than you should. I count 138, but device 27 only grants 135. You have . . .

40 for enhanced abilities, 7 for protection, 9 for immunity, 23 points in Shapeshit, 28 for combat bonuses, 28 feats, and 3 skill points = 138.

Changing the action from Move to Full-round is a -2 flaw. Changing the Action from full-round to 1 minute (one step down the TVP chart) is a 1 pt drawback (see page 125 for a description of the "Action" drawback).

Also, you do know that none of the ranks or bonuses of the assumed form while using shapeshift can be higher than your Shapshift rank, right?

Rank 6 Strike (lethal)

Alt:

Alt:

Alt:

Stun 8 costs 16 points, but you only have 13 PPs in the main power (not counting the alternate power feats): Strike 6 [Extra] - 13 PPs.

Rank 6 Strike (lethal)

Alt:

Alt:

Alt:

Aaaargh. Why do I suck at life?

1. I think that's just a typo. I've got the correct Dexterity bonus down on my Reflex save and init calculation.

2. It applies to Benjiro. He's by far the weakest element in the man-machine interface.

3. Yes, you have exactly caught my mistake. It has been fixed. And I am fully aware of the limits of Shapeshift- many powers are useful at low levels.

4. The Penetrating extra on a Mighty Strike must be bought for all of your Strength bonus, as well. The cost of the original power is 6 for the Strike, 6 for the Penetrating extra on the Strike, 4 for the Penetrating extra on the Strengh bonus, and 4 for the Power Feats, for a total cost of 20, or 17 for the purpose of Alternate Powers.

1. I think that's just a typo. I've got the correct Dexterity bonus down on my Reflex save and init calculation.

2. It applies to Benjiro. He's by far the weakest element in the man-machine interface.

3. Yes, you have exactly caught my mistake. It has been fixed. And I am fully aware of the limits of Shapeshift- many powers are useful at low levels.

4. The Penetrating extra on a Mighty Strike must be bought for all of your Strength bonus, as well. The cost of the original power is 6 for the Strike, 6 for the Penetrating extra on the Strike, 4 for the Penetrating extra on the Strengh bonus, and 4 for the Power Feats, for a total cost of 20, or 17 for the purpose of Alternate Powers.