Also Looking for some Adventure!

ChrisClark13

Since I've managed to float my way back here yet again, I find myself needing some Adventure! (I promise to try really hard not to vanish mysteriously again or I'll just leave you all alone forever. >.<)

As my only character is Amelyth she'll be the one I'm looking to play as, I would prefer some kind of Claremont related thing though anything with younger heroes would be good too.

Edited by ChrisClark13

Well, I'm looking to get my newly-approved character into the heat of things. He's not with Claremont, and he's got several years on Amelyth (and is significantly less powerful), but if that's still ok it would be my pleasure to write a thread with you. I have a couple of ideas floating around, though if you would prefer to GM I am of course open to that. Let me know if you're interested, and whether you're looking for a duo thread or would like to round up a few other people first.

I've managed to use up all of my host family's data for February (oops!), so I'll have to wait until March 1 to post anything substantial, but I can get in here really quickly to post ideas. I read over Amelyth's profile to help with them, so if I got something wrong please point it out. I'm vomiting forth several ideas here; please let me know what looks best to you.

1. Little Bit Special: Amanda's Mom is pressuring her brother to manifest super-powers, right? Well, Gideon spent several years pushing himself to do the same. If said brother (couldn't find his name, sorry) were to get into trouble trying to get powers, perhaps caught in supervillain crossfire, both Amelyth and Mindsteel would have personal reasons in addition to heroic ones to want to keep him safe. That could be the start of an interesting friendship.

2. We Are The Future: Both Gideon and Amanda have psionic powers, and neither of them is entirely sure how said powers came to be. The Freedom City villain Professor Psion theorizes that psionic powers are humanity's next big evolutionary leap, becoming more and more common with each generation. Maybe someone believes that prediction and is gathering an army of such wild talents. Or maybe that someone is trying to hunt down and kill the wild talents before they grow into their power.

Either way, Amelyth and Mindsteel might well take that personally.

3. Well, This Is Awkward: Both Gideon and Amanda are committed to keeping their secret identities secret, which can cause all sorts of problems when crimes arise when they're not in costume. Perhaps we could go for the classic "robbery while the heroes are present but in civilian identity." Or perhaps we could go for the slightly less classic but more interesting "villain takes hostages and demands that Amelyth and/or Mindsteel face him and save them, not realizing that the heroes are actually among the hostages in civilian identity."

Edited by Sszinid

Thanks, Raveled; I will have to look that up. Number three it is.

I will work on it and have something ready for tomorrow.

Alternatively: The heroes must seize the Russian Mafia in hyperspace, but have to contend with their one weakness, and opposition from fanatics trying to forge the credentials of the Police Chief. (Kidding, but gotta love random plot generators).

Edited by Sszinid

Sszinid, I would not be quite so quick to just abandon idea #2.  As I read it, you were suggesting that someone would be influenced by (or afraid of) Professor Psion's theory, not that the story would directly involve Professor Psion or any of the other Psions.  If that is the case, the fact that Professor Psion is now dead and there has been a major shakeup in the family would not change the premise of the thread, as the influence of his theories can easily continue on past his death.

Now, that said, this might be a good time to point out something to you about the use of canon elements from the books here.  In cases where you might want to have a thread involving a canon character, location, organization, etc; or a case where consequences from the thread could have long term broad implications to the setting as a whole, whomever is GMing the thread needs to send a private message to the Ref team outlining how they want to use the canon element (or how the potential consequences of the thread might impact the setting).  Then, we can either give the GM permission to go ahead with the thread, say the particular canon element is not free to be used, or work with the GM to ensure the use of the canon element does not interfere with any long term plans for that canon element (in this example, what AvengerAssembled has in mind for the Psions). 

So, if I am right and your only talking about some new NPC created by you (or whomever GM's the thread) being influenced by Professor Psion's ideas, I would say that if you want to go with idea #2, discuss the idea some with AA, either by PM or in chat, just to be sure it does not interfere with what he has planned (or how it could be used to help advance some of what he wants to do).