The Blur

piercetbh

20Q:

1.    Where is your hero from?

“Well, I was born and raised right here in Freedom, actually. I’ve spent a lot of time here, so I’ve learned to love trips out into the country. Fresh air and such, you know?†

2. How would your hero physically describe him/herself? Is this different from how others would?

“What, seriously?†*Flexes* “That there? There’s the real deal, man. I don’t have Super-Strength, Super-Toughness, none of that. I just gym, a lot. Everyone I know can tell I’m pretty strong, though I hear some bad stuff about my hair. It’s not my fault that they don’t make gel designed to withstand Mach 10, and how am I expected to sit down for twenty minutes for a haircut? Twenty minutes!â€

3. Does your hero have distinguishing speech characteristics or recurring mannerisms?

“Well, I don’t know if this counts, but when I’m excited and not paying attention to myself I can accidentally talk really fast. Ha, that reminds me! There was this one time, right, whereI was at thisbar downtown, and-this-guy-was-asking-me-for-afavoutiwakoh!â€

4. What is your hero's motivation?

“Well, it’s fun, you know? You ever dodged bullets, like in the Matrix? That’s exhilarating. Running around, knocking people off their feet, tying them up for the cops, jumping across buildings, sprinting on water. That stuff, it’s all great, nothing better. And…And I like to show those guys what’s up. Thieves, murderers, criminals in general. They think they can just do what they want to guys like you. Normal guys. That’s not right; they don’t deserve to be able to do that to you. I want to teach them that, so they’ll stop. Also, dodging bullets. That’s pretty sweet, did I mention that?â€

5. What are your hero's greatest strengths and weaknesses?

“Well, I’m the fastest guy I know. And I’m getting faster. I could run at ten miles an hour or so back in middle school, and was up to sixty by the end of my secondary education. It was a thousand right before I became the Blur, just a month ago, and now I can sprint at four hundred thousand miles per hour! I don’t know exactly how my powers grow, but they do it just like me; fast! I’m hard to hit, I’m hard not to be hit by, and I can do a bunch of nifty things like heal between hits. Hm, weaknesses? Yeah, between you and me, I have no idea what I’m doing. I don’t know Muay Thai or anything, I just swing my fists around like an idiot and somebody goes down.  And yeah, once or twice I managed to walk through a wall, but I don’t know how I did that, and I don’t know how to do it again. I’ve got so much power, and  really, I don’t know how to use it.â€

6. What does your hero love? What does your hero hate?

“I love speed, it’s great when people are succinct. I mean, in my opinion, when they do an election the two guys should come up, and one of them should say “I believe in this, we should do this,†and the other guy does the same thing, and everybody votes. But it has to go for weeks. Why does it go for weeks? By the time it’s started a lot of people already know who they’re going for. Huge waste of time.â€

7. How would you describe your character's mental and emotional state?

“You know how I said I’m getting faster? I’m getting quicker, too. I mean, that’s always been a thing for me. In first grade, I could calculate stuff like two plus two way faster than anyone else. Now I can tell you…well, give me a number.â€

…

“Yeah, okay. That’s the square root of…twenty one million, four hundred and eighteen thousand, three hundred and eighty four. As long as it’s within my mental capacity, even if it should take me over an hour to painfully work something out mentally, I can do it in a second or so. And I’m getting so quick that things are slow; like what I said about haircuts, before. I mean, college is okay, because I’m hearing information and using my brain to process that. It’s activity. But just sitting there, doing nothing, for twenty minutes? I hate that. And I’m scared that it’ll get worse, that I won’t be able to sleep because I can’t take five seconds to just lie down and relax. That I won’t be able to bear school or work. That I’ll go insane. For now I’m fine, of course.â€

8. What does your hero fear the most?

“Well that insanity thing, that’s a little taxing. But, funnily enough, I’m also scared of the opposite. I don’t want to lose my powers, even if they might have some negative psychoactive effects in the future. They’re so fun to have. Imagine you spend your whole life, since you were five years old, being this amazing person. People love you, they respect you, and you can do things that nobody else can even imagine. And then one day, pop, you’re one of the normal people on the sidelines, fascinated by the super heroes. I don’t know what I’d do about that. Would I just keep going to school, to work, getting money and eventually getting old? I’m not sure if I could take that.â€

9. What is your character's greatest ambition?

“I want to be global. People are finally starting to catch on after a few months, now. Yesterday I heard some girl call out ‘It’s the Blur!’, so I guess that signage I stuck up was enough to get myself known. And that’s cool, but I don’t want to be a fast super hero. I want to be the fastest super hero, I want to protect the world and beyond like the big league supers, and when I get to that level my thing will be that I’m way, way faster than anyone else.â€

10. How does your hero feel about the state of the world and his/her place in it?

“Sometimes I think that, in a world of people, I’m meant to be a thing. Most people go to school and get a job, and just live their life. I’ll never be that, I’ll never have that. I have to fight, and be shot at, and save lives – and hey, I don’t have a problem with that. But if this is what I do, why am I trying to be like one of them as well? Why am I going to school, and why do I have a job? I think it’s so I can know what a normal person is like, to have empathy for them, so it’s easier to save them. But really, I could save so many more if I didn’t bother with those things, right?â€

11. Does your hero have any prejudices? How does he/she get along with others?

“I hate slow people.  No, that’s unfair. I hate when people are slow, though I try not to get mad at them for it. I mean, they’re not actually too slow, I’m just too fast, right? They shouldn’t be punished for that, and I try to let them slide. But I won’t lie, it really is hard not to be frustrated with them. Either way, I’ll be nice to people if I can, but it’s hard to have a relationship with anyone when I’m constantly off on super hero business. I haven’t met any other supers yet, speaking of, but when I do I plan to be nice to them. I think at some point they’ll be my only shot at actual friends.â€

12. Where do your heroes loyalties lie? In what order?

“The Blur comes first. I am the Blur, my name is the Blur, Marko Miles is just some dude I dress up as now and then. Hehe, I used to drill that mantra into myself so much to make sure I didn’t accidentally give myself away in the field. Now I use it to remind myself to keep my priorities straight; I’m a super hero. A super hero with a job and a college course, yeah, but those things come second and third. I can get a new job, and I can probably succeed in life without my engineering. A social life comes fourth on the ladder of importance, which is kind of a problem. I try to hang out at clubs and maybe get some girls, but I’m just way too busy to pay attention to them.â€

13. Does your hero have a lover or partner? How do they feel about the hero now?

“Well, as I just said, it’s pretty hard to keep anyone’s interest when you have as many responsibilities as me. Shame, too, because between you and me I can be pretty good with the ladies.â€

14. Does your hero have a family? What is the relationship there like?

“Yeah no, I have a mom and dad like most people. They moved a few states away though, I guess to get away from the city life. They know I have powers, of course, I grew up with them. But they don’t know I’m playing hero, yet, and I’d rather not tell them. They never liked me being too different when I was a kid, I guess because powers attract bad attention. And yeah, I put myself in danger now, but with these powers it’s my duty. Mom and dad feel so far away but, if I ever really need to talk, I can be there in moments. I guess that’s why I don’t talk to them, because it feels like they’ll be in reach forever. That’s gonna backfire.â€

15. How would the people closest to your hero describe him or her?

“Closest? Um…yeah, I have friends, I guess. The guys in my class at HIT are pretty chill, though they don’t get why I can hardly go out with them. They think I’m a loner, and I guess that’s true. Everyone likes how I can understand concepts really quickly, though, so they probably think I’m smart.â€

16. Is your hero a role model?

“I think so. I don’t have to do anything. I don’t need a job, I can steal stuff so fast people won’t even know it’s gone until I am too. Since I don’t need a job, I don’t need to work. I definitely don’t need to put my life on the line for the people of Freedom City, and sometimes I don’t know why I bother. But I do, and I think if everyone was like that the world would be a little bit better.â€

17. How spiritual is your hero? Does your hero follow a religious tradition?

“I don’t have time for church or worship or what-have-you. Ha, I hear people say that as an excuse sometimes, but I seriously have no openings in my schedule. With that said, there could definitely be a god or gods of some sort. For all I know, one of them gave my dad the super gene that I got powers from. I sure hope so, too, because then they can’t complain at me for not going to church! You forced me to spend all my time saving people, sucker!â€

18. Is your hero part of a team, or would he/she like to be? Why?

“Team? Like, a superhero team? That would be fun, and make the whole thing a lot easier, but…eh. What would I even be, the fast guy? Because that’s not much of a role. I like to think I’d be an inventor guy of sorts, but most groups have a super-brainy engineer who can do way more than I could in his sleep. Also, it’d be tough to schedule.â€

19. How does your hero feel about the place of metahumans and aliens on Earth?

“I’m sort of a freak, so I’m in no place to judge anyone. Have eight limbs and twenty eyes, be ten feet tall, have a tiny body and massive head…whatever tickles your pickle, aliens. The eight limbs-twenty eyes guy would be pretty disgusting, I’ll admit, but again…I can’t judge him for that.â€

20. If you could give one piece of advice to your hero, what would it be? 

Piercetbh here. Man, get a life. There are heaps of superheroes in Freedom City; nobody will miss you if you take a day off once a week, or even twice. Go on a date, have a drink, play some laser tag. You don’t have to waste your life away saving other people.