Sunset News

Supercape

The Interview:

Note, this interview was answered by Sunset as Sam Soma. It also includes the unspoken thought processes of the Radical who listened in (in italics) 

1.       Where are you from?

Freedom City. I was born in Delhi, India, but I don’t remember it well, my family moved here when I was five.

I went to India, once, did some yoga and meditation. Gets you in touch with yourself, man…

2.       How would you describe your appearance?

Indian in ethnicity. I’m fairly pale for Indian, and quite tall, but I am still Indian, the jet black hair, brown eyes. I look good!

You look like one hot and hip lady! Far out!

3.       Do you have any distinguishing speech or mannerisms?

Not that I know of...

Hey, I know you always scratch your left ear when you get nervous…so sweet, man…

Apparently I scratch my left ear when I am a bit...preoccupied. 

4.       What is your motivation?

To fight for a free, equal society. Of course, sometimes freedom and equality don’t always go hand in hand, but as free and as equal as possible. I love to sink my teeth into fighting corruption.

Far out! Fight the man! Stick it to him! Power to the people!

5.       What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?

Determination and strength. I’ll fight for what I believe in, passionately.

I love a strong chick...gotta bless the Goddess in womankind...

6.       What do you love and hate?

I’ll keep my love life secret, thanks, but that’s where my love is. I hate any kind of intolerance, people imposing their own “morals†on others. I hate corruption or abuse of power.

Hate is for haters, man. Feel the love….

7.       How would you describe your emotional state?

Well, I didn’t have the easiest ride as a kid. I guess that’s what drives me. It’s a kind of anger, but not explosive, just simmering.

Getting in tune with yourself is groovy, man, but you need to chill out, babe…

8.       What do you fear the most?

A world that has lost its political liberty. Any threat to democracy and freedom, including losing these to a government that preys on fear.

You fear being alone the most, I dig it. You don’t ever have to feel that li

9.       What is your greatest ambition?

Ultimately, making a political difference. A change to the world.

Politics if for squares. Lets all love each other and be free. We don’t need no governments…

10.   How do you feel about the state of the world?

It gets better, slowly. Democracy and civil liberties, human rights, they are all developing, but need development. We face external dangers, and internal ones, to those principles.

It needs more love and hugs. It’s a bum deal, all this war on terror. It just makes terror. We need more peace, man.

11.   Do you have any prejudices?

I tolerate everything but intolerance. Which means I do have some intolerance towards more extreme political, religious, or moral views.

I’m right with ya, babe!

12.   Where do your loyalties lie?

I don’t know what order. And ultimately, I suppose, you have to be loyal to yourself. But I am loyal to my country and my family, although not blindly loyal. If they fail or fall, and they do, I will fight them. I am probably more loyal to my friends and…loves.

I got your back, sweets!

13.   Do you have a lover or partner?

Yes, and he or she knows about my identity.

You got it!

14.   Do you have a family?

Yes, my parents live in Freedom City. My brother died in a car crash when I was young.

When are you going to introduce me?

15.   How would the people closest to you describe you?

Well….

You fight for love, that’s why I love you…

…as a fighter and a lover.

16.   Are you a role model?

Yes, to some. I’m probably a devil to others. It depends who you ask.

Sure you are! Just like I was!

17.   How spiritual are you? Do you follow a religion?

Not technically. I follow some of the Hindu customs and philosophy. But I am at heart an atheist. I don’t agree with religion being imposed on others or using as a basis for morality.

You gotta tune in to the cosmos more, sweets…

18.   Are you part of a team?

….

You and me, we are a team!

Kind of. But not really.

19.   How do you feel about the place of metahumans on Earth.

I consider them humans, nothing more, nothing less. Same rights, same responsibilities. I actually oppose the word metahumans, it makes them sound different or superior.

Everyone is awesome and meta!

20.   What advice could you give yourself on your superhero career?

Do what you always did.

Hey, you got me that way, right on!

The HellQ

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.
A two in one superhero paragon.

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?
“Sunnyâ€, both in my superhero and civilian I.D.

What is your full birth name?
Sam Soma

Where do you live?
North Freedom City

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)?
30. I was born on new years day, 1984.

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.
Female

How would you describe your heritage?
Indian

How tall are you?
5’8â€

What is your body type?
Edging towards the slender type, but not overtly so.

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?
No

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence?
I practice yoga, so fairly gracefully with good balance although I am not particularly stealthy. I’m pretty confident.

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color.
I have light brown skin, a little paler than average Indian women. I have brown eyes, and jet black hair.

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?
It varies. I cut it from short to medium long depending on my mood, I suppose I am high maintenance and often go for trendy haircuts.

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?
Yes, I think so.

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?
None.

Do you resemble anyone famous?
No.

Do you have a dominant hand?
I am right handed.

What kind of clothing do you wear?
Usually expensive smart casual or formal. Never scruffy.

Do you wear makeup?
Yes, but not too much.

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?
It is pretty average, normal range.

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people?
I am told I scratch my left ear when nervous, which means I would not be much of a poker player. I don’t have any other bad habits or mannerisms, apart from being a little too insistent on cleanliness.

History

Where do you come from?
I was born in Delhi, but lived most of my life in Freedom City.

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?
Not since aged 5, when my family move to the United States and Freedom City.

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?
Generally pretty loyal, as I am very pro democracy and free market. I guess that makes me fairly patriotic, although I have some issues with the government.

How do you feel about the place you come from?
I have a fondness for India, but wouldn’t want to live there.

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?
Freedom City I guess. It was pretty good, my family were relatively well off. I lived in a good part of town, went to a good school.

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you?
I was an ethnic minority. I did experience some harassment, but it was not overwhelming.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life?
I’ve been a pretty good student, although I am no genius. Of course, I have had a natural psychic ability to see the past, which has been very helpful, both in terms of my career and as a retreat when life got difficult. And I haven’t been above using my talent to help me personally and professionally. I guess some would call that cheating.

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?
Yes, my brother died in a car accident when I was ten.

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.
It was probably the death of my brother, who I was close to. It instilled fear in my whole family, and I came under immense pressure from my parents who became more rigid and authoritarian and invested all their hopes and fears in me. They pushed me to study, and sheltered me from life.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?
Disobeyed my parents. I drank and smoked too early.

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?
I enjoyed school, I went to a private one in Freedom City.

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?
Yes, a lot. A whole family tradition of videos and photographs of every occasion.

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?
Because together with the Radical, we have a lot to say, and a lot of power. The Radical did influence me, to strive for a higher goal.

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?
I guess I like the thrill too.

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?
I used my psychic power to help me in exams and law. I never actually did anything illegal, but I did use it, I guess, to cheat.

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?
Not really. I guess I present myself as more confident than I am. And I harbour some anger and resentment from childhood.

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets?
The only secret I would like to protect is my psychic ability to see the past. I don’t think it would be a disaster, but it would raise questions as to my academic and professional success. So in that sense, I would probably go pretty far to stop that happening, perhaps even break the law, but not kill anybody.

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?
No

Family

What are your biological parents' names?
Amil, my father, and Marina, my mother.

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.
Yes

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?
Well respected medical professionals.

Where are your parents now?
They still live and work in Freedom City, although they are semi-retired.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?
They stayed in Freedom City once they arrived, although we often took vacations in India.

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).
Not very well, they are quite traditional, conservative. I had a lot of conflict with them, and still do, although they are more resigned to my rebellious ways now.

How do your parents view you now, or how would they?
A mixture of pride at my academic and financial success, and disappointment that I am not a traditional Indian girl.

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.
I had an elder brother, who died when I was five. I don’t remember much of him, but I was very hurt when he died.

What was your birth order in the family?
Second.

Where are your siblings now (if applicable)? Do they have families of their own? What do they do?
My brother died.

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?
Not particularly. I am more fond of my father than mother, perhaps.

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?
No.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.
I am. I am non-traditional, I have had sexual relationships outside of marriage, I drink, I used to smoke, and I carved my way out of a traditional Indian upbringing.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.
No.

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.
Its complicated. In a way, yes, my love does happen to be a disembodied psyche from the sixties who resides in my super-suit…

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?
I am undecided about children. Right now, I feel I probably won’t, as I love my life as it is, and also I don’t have the best imprint of child rearing from my own parents.

What type of person would be your ideal mate?
Intelligent and deeply caring, but kind of sexy.

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.
I am close friends with Doctor Olaf Olafson, the director of research at Soma Medical, who is completely eccentric. I have been extremely supportive of him, and it has paid off.
I am also close friends with Alice Backman,

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?
Kara Hinton, my lawyer friend from university, who now acts as an LGBT rights activist. We met at university and hit it off. I am pretty close to her, we speak nearly every day.

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?
My friends and family, and staff at work.

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?
No.

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.
Yes, my campaigning and work has meant I have ruffled more than a few feathers, particularly amongst the more militant religious and the far right.

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?
Anything from defamation, to sabotage, to possibly outright violence.

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?
Probably my parents trying to force me into an arranged marriage.

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?
To my friends first, probably. Then, to justice and liberty. I do have loyalty to my country and family, but they probably come afterwards.

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?
I’m a lawyer and a businesswomen. Trust doesn’t come easy. But I trust all my friends in general. Perhaps Dr Olafson is the most trustworthy as he always speaks his mind, even if it isn’t polite.

Who or what do you despise? Why?
Bigots, moralists, bullies.

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?
It may sound cliché, but a big heart full of love. I don’t think I am particularly full of that, but I’m not full of bitterness or hate either.

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?
People who want to impose their own morals on others. That kind of moral arrogance, or certainty, is dangerous, and often hurtful.

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why?
Yes, but nobody knows it. I hide it from people because I think its dangerous to be publicly known as a superhero.

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?
Both and both.

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?
No.

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?
I am a member of the democrat party, a member of several business and industry committees, and of some civil liberties and LGBT pressure groups. That stretches me quite thin, so I don’t have a lot of time for any particular one.

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?
Ghandi, Harvey Milk, Nelson Mandela, Germaine Greer, Kennedy, the list goes on…

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?
No. They all have their flaws, so I always took them warts and all.

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?
Yes, and to be honest, aside from the chance to fight for rights, I like the thrill.

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?
If I felt I could do more elsewhere, or I became bored of it. But switch sides is not on the menu.

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?
Make an impact as a Superhero.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?
I would like to have contributed to the development of medicine, particularly AIDS research, and have made a difference politically somehow. Whether that is by campaigning, as a role model, by legal work, or even entering into the political sphere…

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?
I always have a fear of failure, particularly academic failure. Instilled in me by my pushy parents.

Is there anything you would give you life for?
Probably not, other than my lover.

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?
I am all for the free market and money. I like it, and I enjoy it. It is a mark of success.

How do you generally treat others?
To my friends, I am giving, loving, always there for them. To others, I can be a bit stand offish or feisty.

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?
No, I am not. Which means I don’t think it has ever been abused.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?
Extroverted. I come across as pretty self confident and in many ways I am, but my upbringing did instil in me a sense of being a failure to some degree.

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex?
I act sexy.

What are your most annoying habits?
I am too energetic, I can interrupt people.

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?
Not particularly.

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?
Thia is my favourite, any flavour or type. I like French and Indian food a lot, of course. I take my time to savour every mouthful.

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?
Expensive wine.

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?
Lemon tart.

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?
Cheap convenience food.

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?
Red

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?
Classical (including neo classical), some contemporary rock music. I don’t much like heavy metal, rap, or country and western, but I don’t hate it.

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?
I don’t think I have.

Do you have a favorite animal?
Probably dogs.

What is your most treasured possession? Why?
My home. I like the comfort, luxury, and familiarity.

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?
Definitely creature comforts.

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?
No. If it really needed doing, I would roll up my sleeves and do it.

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How important is it to you?
Slightly. I grew up with Hindu customs and religion, which are still with me from a cultural perspective. Having said that, I am agnostic.

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?
My parents.

If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization?
No.

Could you kill? Have you killed?
Yes I could, if it would save a life. But I haven’t.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?
Its just down to being practical at the end of the day.

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?
Yes, to save somebody else. But there are lots of mitigating circumstances about killing, one can’t distil down the whole issue into one simple phrase, life and morals are much more complex than simple rules.

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours?
It completely depends on the context, although as a rule any loss of life is shocking.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?
I would be furious and try to get it back.

How would you react to public humiliation?
I would either accept it, if it was deserved, or get angry if it was not.

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?
I would be very upset, bereft.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?
Murder, it is the taking of life.

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?
Say goodbye to my friends and family, and meet up with them if they wanted. Eat good food, drink good wine. Then, near the end, I would probably want to take my own life, with my own hands, with a good choice of drug.

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?
No.

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?
I guess the Radical did. The disembodied psyche from the sixties.

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?
I am a trained lawyer, and a good businesswoman.

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?
I run my own medical company.

What is your preferred combat style?
Try to hit them, try not to get hit. I do practice a bit, but I know no particular martial arts.

Have you ever received any awards or honours?
Some academic awards at school and university.

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?
Learn how to fight properly. That would be handy.

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?
If I need those skills, the Radical can steal them for me!

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?
Wake up, do some yoga, go to work which is quite varied but often at Soma Medicals. Finish as soon as I can (but this varies), and often I go out to see friends, eating out or catching a movie or theatre or music.

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?
Yoga, Law, Fine wines. All picked up at university.

What do you do for fun?
I catch a movie, eat out, watch theatre or listen to live music, but always with friends. I like to talk and catch up.

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?
Usually it looks like an all black all in one spandex number but it can look like anything I want it to be. It glows orange or red when the Radical awakes inside it.

How do you normally dress when not in costume?
In expensive clothes.

What do you wear to bed most nights?
Not much, or nothing.

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?
Actually I wear very little, other than earrings.

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?
At home, in a safe.

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?
By car, or by plane.

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make?
No, I am too young!

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?
None.

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?
I fought for civil rights.

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?
Yes, I pose a threat to some of the public, because I fight for rights they don’t want. But I am not going to explode or unleash radioactive fallout on the city, if that’s what you mean!

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?
Strength of body and mind.

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?
Well, the Radical can be a bit…radical.

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...
Be careful with what you take from others, and what strength you expend. You need to use your cunning as well as your strength.

• 1 month later...

Origin Stories

Sunset

Once more, Sam Soma retreated to her spacious office and let her mind wander.

She didn’t necessarily need to be relaxed for her trips to the past. But doing so made things clearer, sharper. She felt more in control. When she felt emotional, the journey was more vivid, but sometimes painfully so.

She had been doing yoga for years, but more seriously recently. After half an hour of practice, enough to stretch and relax all major muscles and leave her refreshed but exercised, she put on the suit.

It was grey, featureless, a skin tight covering over her entire body. It was also an incredible feat of science, achieved by her collaboration with the Radical, crossing time spans and borrowing the expertise of countless scientists over the past few decades. She suspected, sometimes, also borrowing the expertise of those in the future too.

The suit was, as a result, an incredible thing. The psycho-reactive suit, they had called it. She resisted the Radicals initial name the “Far out suitâ€, and the follow up “Robes of Psychedelliaâ€. Even putting it on, she could feel its energy infuse her body. Signals travelled to her cortex, noting her heart rate, blood pressure, and hundreds of other biological parameters she did not understand. Although he did. Her body felt powerful, strong, energetic.

But it was not built for power, although power it very certainly had. It was built to house the Radical. And time was growing short. Soon, her lover was destined to die on the Streets of Freedom City, destitute, drug addled, and hungry. At least, so the papers would report.

So once again, her mind sunk out of the present, and started floating back, back through the ages. How long it took was indefinable, when her consciousness was travelling through time itself. The noughties, the nineties…back through the decades she went. She had not found a limit to how far back she could go, but she need go back no further today.

Freedom City, 1971, a cold winters day in on January 10th.

There he was. Cold, hungry, and dishevelled. The Radical had been a strapping man a decade before, young, handsome, wide of shoulder, strong in body and mind. His hair was golden and wild, his eyes blue and shining. Now, he was weak, wasted, with drawn in cheeks, dirty hair and glazed eyes. The image was shocking, and both knew it.

Hey honeychild, girl of the futttuuuurreee….he drawled in her head. I can feel you…so warm, so lovely…is it ready?

She nodded, smiling, a tear rolling down her cheek in the decades to come, where her body lay, eyes closed, prone.

It is…it has taken long…but with all the minds over the years at work, all the genius and knowledge you collected…it has been done. Although…we have no way of knowing if it…if it…

She could not complete the unfinished. This was the Radical’s last hope. He would die here, one way or another. All that she – they – could do was hope and pray that he would not stay dead.

The Radical opened his eyes for the last time, full of hope. A passer by caught his eye, and dimly recognised him.

“Time to take a leap man, the future is here!†he mumbled at the passer by, before closing his eyes and dying.

Once again, Sam and The Radical’s minds whirled and melded, an embrace without physical touch, but strong and heartfelt all the same. They were separate, but together, their thoughts in one another.

And this time, it had to be stronger than ever. So the emotions bled forth, without restraint - Fear, love, hope, overwhelming each of them completely. What they were trying was a mad chance, a leap into the unknown.

Their minds locked and kissing, Sam started floating forward through the ages, with the Radical in tow. It was gentle but hard. The Radical gripped her like a lifejacket, slipping, sliding, almost lost, but each time, their love was stronger, and firmer grip was gained.

This is the future? Its wild..wild…but what happened to our dreams? Where did the peace and love go?

Sam felt his sadness. It threatened to brew and fester, and weaken him.

It is there, my love…but dreaming, asleep…the future needs you…

How the future would respond to a burnt out hippy telepath, was another question altogether.

Through the years and decades they weaved, edging closer to the present all the time. And as they did, the resistance increased. He became fainter and fainter, until Sam feared she would lose him forever.

And then, they were there. She gasped, opening her eyes, arching her back in shock, as their minds fell into the present. And there he was, inside the suit.

“We did it!†she said aloud, crying from joy an exhaustion.

We sure did, honeychild! That was far out! Look out future, here I come!

The suit glowed a deep and beautiful orange, alive with the psychic power of the Radical. And then, Sam changed.

As they had predicted, the suit could react to him, and in a moment, the suit had taken the form of the Radical, and not the weak and broken body of 1972. This was the Radical in his prime – with handsome face, a golden tan on a chiselled chest, his hair sun bleached, his eyes shining, wearing ripped jeans, a headband, and sandals.

“Wow! It worked! Far out!†he said, his voice ringing out into 2013.

And I’m still here…said Sam. The suit was truly a marvel, reacting to his mind and forming his body out of the mimetic material and compounds in it. A wonder of science.

So time for me to get out…

Her body reformed, and she willed the suit to part, letting her step out of it. Her body was slick with sweat, from fear and exertion, and it trembled slightly.

“All yours, my love†she said, hugging herself.

The suit did not move.

She felt a welling of fear. Had it worked? Perhaps it was unstable. Perhaps he was lost…no…no she couldn’t think that. She would not accept that.

She kneeled down to touch it.

I’m..I’m still here…he reassured her as her fingers brushed the costume. But..but…

He formed once against into the Radical, handsome and strong, with Sams fingers brushing his thigh. But the moment she took them off, the Suit once against deflated to nothing but super advanced mimetic technology.

And as soon as she touched it again, back he sprung.

I…I am sleeping…like a dream…without your touch…he explained. I need you…that’s karma, isn’t it? Without you, I’m lost…not dead, but, sleeping, its calm, golden and azure…like a dream of a summer’s day. But when you touch me, I am awake again…

Sam wept, with joy that he was still alive, but sadness that he would not be truly free here. The suit was powered by the human mind, and only when a human mind was in it, would the suit, and the Radical, come alive.