Rock 'em, Sock 'em

Brown Dynamite

GM

Taking Cho's threat at face value.  The man whom had survived Cho's disintegration power immediately hightailed it out of there.  Moving slowly but carefully on account of the fact that he was holding some of the loot.  "Screw this.  I don't care how much the're paying us bro.  I'm not losing my arms for this."

Unfortunately the unit did not appreciate cowardice.  Even before the leader gave the order, one of the goons knew what to do.  Firing up at his partner in crime one of the men using a vehicle as cover blasted away at the retreating thief.  Hitting him right in the jet boots and sending him careening back down to the ground crashing into a parked car.  It became apparent that he had lost consciousness as he did not emerge from the wreckage.

None of the thieves addressed the act.  Instead the other man behind the vehicle would set his sights on Cho again.  Charging up a blast from his energy powered firearm.  Only to completely miss the shot and instead shooting out the tire from the car on the opposite end of the street.  Timing his breath poorly out of over enthusiasm.

"Oh come on!" shouts Cho as they fire on their own ally. "That's just beign a *beep*!" Normally, she doesn't swear but the sheer callousness of the act seems to infuriate her, despite how these are apparently bad guys. As the energy shot, she once again has a reaction of trying to get out of the way, still having survival reflexes built in that, when someone shoots you with a gun, you normally just don't shrug it off. Because that's not what happens to normal people, they don't just shrug off blaster shots.

Both her hands begin to glow as she join them together, perhaps hoping to better focus the shot and not risk spraying everyone and reducing them to wandering atom, if not into nothingness. It erupts into a beam of desintegration, aimed at the thug who shot his own ally.

• 1 month later...

GM

The beam hit Cho's target square in the chest.  The burnt stench as the entropic energy tore away through the armor lingered in the air even after the man fell backwards into the ground.  The entire front part of his chest plate had been burned off with his flesh reddened.  His skin seemingly was spared the same fate as his armor due in part to the girl's focus in not outright atomizing him.  But the heat and impact had done their part in taking him out of the fight.  In just a single instant Cho managed to validate the fleeing thief's trepidation with continuing the fight.

The leader of the band of jewel thieves was not about to let his group's morale slip any further.  Raising his blaster pistol he'd charge up another shot this time his target was the girl whom had scared off one of her men and ruined the armor of another one.  Cho clasped her hands in front of her face as a knee jerk reaction due to the sudden shot.  Which served to seemingly brace her against the impact skidding backwards while the energy pushed her.  Out of the corner of her eye she was able to spot the remaining thief carrying the loot firing yet another volley at the Glamazon.

Springing forth into action she twisted her body and with her arms spread out would take on the furor of the assault for her schoolmate.  Her clothes had seen better days, but Cho was left no worse for the wear.  As she stood defiant there was a brief cheer from the crowd a good distance away.  Apparently less concerned for running than they were with watching the show.

"Oh...hey...that worked..." wheezed out Cho, still standing there, clothes pretty much burned and shredded with likely only the barest minimum to keep some modesty. Which she'll no doubt freak out about as soon as the fight (and the adrenaline) passes. As it turns out, there is a reason why most heroes wear a specially made costume, since in Cho's case her powers do not extend to anything she wear.  Opening her eyes and blinking a bit, she checked on Glamazon while still standing in the same position she was when she took the volley, as wisps of smoke swirled around.

Since Thaelia was still standing, Cho finally moved, clenching her fists and turning around to face her opponent, giving him a death glare, arm extended. "You! Yeah you! I'm still standing, see? Do you really want to continue this fight BECAUSE I CAN KEEP TAKING THAT BEATING FOR A LONG TIME!"

Thaelia rapidly ran around to examine Cho for any signs of further battle damage.  She didn't like being protected.  Whether it was through the Atlantean soldiers.  Or her fellow peers.  Thaelia prefered to be respected as a warrior of her own accord.  But she was grateful the sentiment expressed.  She gave her underclassman a pat on the shoulder.  "I am fine.  But we are a team today, no?  It's not you taking everything our foes offer.  It is we who shall stand tall!"  Digging her heels into the ground she would move in a burst of speed.

There was no precision as she let loose.  Glamazon appeared much like a pitcher being told to forgo all control.  Swinging wide and knocking the robber helmet first into the ground.  His body bounced off the ground the ground.  Which was as close as he would come to standing back off.  The stolen goods were knocked out of his grasp.  Scattering all about the ground beneath them.  "Now, surrender or suffer a fate most grievous as the Daughter of the Seas and the uhhh Girl of Fury continue to rampage."

"Yeah! Girl of fury...wait what?" Was the only reaction Cho could muster from the appelation, raising an eyebrow. Monikers or titles were something completely new to her, to say the least. Intending to finish this superpowered rumble. The girl's upper body glowed once more, something halfway between some inner light and bioluminescence, with an orange-reddish tone, briefly outlining the inside of her body, such the skeleton and muscles looking as if on fire, briefly hinting at a certain image of terror likely all-too-familliar to some people, before flowing down her veins into her fists.

Once more, a beam of entropic energy erupted from her hands...and completely missed the target, carving out a chunk of the scenery.

GM

The leader of the band of thieves put his pistol away.  He made no notion to show any concern for the fact that yet another of his men had recently fallen.  No, instead the man cracked his knuckles.  Readying himself for the continuation.  Reaching into the belt that was seemingly holding a variety of armaments in place through some sort of magnetic system he would pull out a small stick of metal.  With the click of a button a bright pink laser blade would form.  A low whirring noise filling the air as the blade began to vibrate increasing its potency.  

"Worthless bunch of bums.  Guess if you want something done right, guy's gotta do it himself.  Oi, loudmouth kids.  Don't say I didn't warn you.  Best to run along now, while you still have the legs to run with."  He lunged the blade forward aimed at Thaelia's neck.  But the atlantean was no stranger to bladed weaponry.  Slipping her body to the side and narrowly avoiding the thrust while casually pushing his arm out of her way.

Would you rather I shout your actual name? That was the fleeting thought that passed her mind in response to Cho.  But there was little time for actual discourse, seeing as she was already in the armored thief's blind spot due to diverting his previous attack, Glamazon sought to take advantage of her newfound opening.  Spinning her body in the reverse, the Glamazon would then drive her elbow into the back of the man's neck.  Or at least that was the plan.  What occurred instead he ducked down beneath the oncoming blow and charged for the girl.  Whom responded by sending her knee upwards towards his face.  Where both of his hands would be ready to take the impact head on.  The armored gloves diverting much of her force.  And while his body did visibly lift up off the ground he was clearly unharmed after he taunted for her to come again.

"Resistance is futile.  The tide of victory has swept over you.  If you give your surrender, quarter shall be given." Taking what appeared similar to a three point stance. Thaelia readied herself to charge for the man once more. A watchful eye on the other two combatants. Fully expecting Cho to join her soon.

Now one would not normally assume that Cho is actually capable of 'thinking', given her usual tactic of rushing headfirst into things. Not that the girl had ever really shown herself to be stupid, merely lacking in the ability to analyze as well as lacking in foresight. However, that was far from the truth.

As Thaelia and the presumed leader of the armored thieves, Cho took a very short moment to think. Out of the seven thieves, only one of them had ever shown any actual skill in combat, the others proving to be completely inept. 'Which one do I take out first?' thought the young mutant to herself. 'One I missed or...' Immediately, it became obvious. Leaping into the air, screaming, Cho clenched her left hand into a fist and sent it straight for the man's helmeted face. Upon impact with her fist, a shockwave formed.

GM

The leader of the band of thieves head bounced of the pavement.  The force of the blow actively forcing the helmet to slightly crack against the strain.  But the armor held.  It held as he slumped to his feet.  And it held as he faced the wrong way waving his blaster pistol wildly.  It wasn't entirely clear if he even knew exactly where he was any more.  A few harmless bolts of energy would escape his pistol.  Aimed squarely at the ground beneath him.

The energy output let a smoky smell.  Which served to make the foul odor that still lingered from Cho's entropic blast in the air all the more vile.  The thief started mumbling to himself.   Dropping to one knee and simply shaking his head.  Momentarily done with the entire affair.  

Glamazon did in fact charge forward.  Slamming her shoulder right into the leader's body to capitalize on Cho's assault.  He was pushed back further.  Instead of resisting the force his body was actually so limp at the moment that he rolled with it.  Which served coincidentally to give him just enough leeway to avoid further significant injury.  Slightly cognizant he'd eventually push himself away.  Still shaking his head at no one in particular.

"Gods.  Our foe's willpower is most impressive.  But he shall fall ever still.  This I declare."  Thaelia cracked her knuckles together.  Readying herself to cut loose even further.  She was intent on pressing further. 

GM

The remaining underling saw that his boss was in trouble.  Setting the thrusters on his jet boosts into action.  The armored thief would position himself near his boss.  Dropping his weapon and recover the automatic one from one of their fallen foes.  Frantically he aimed back and forth between Cho and Glamazon.  Almost overeager in wanting to pull the trigger.  Clearly frightened out of his mind.

accidental trigger squeeze released a bolt of energy towards one of the vehicles.  The thief tried to play it off as a warning shot.  "Now...now.  Youse guys need to run alon-along now.  I swear I wi-will not miss next time."  All the while backing up.  In reality this was all a diversion.  He was merely trying to look like the smallest target so that he could better shield his leader while the man recovered.

"I don't think it's really will, just stubborness!" commented the Claremont student, still sometimes finding Thaelia's way of speaking quite strange. Not that she'd ever say it to Atlanteans face, both out of respect and to avoid getting punched.

Screaming, Cho punched once more, however underling decided to interpose himself, taking the hit at full force. Cho's punch hit him in the guts, the force of the blow shattering his armor with a loud crack. "Damn!" shouted the girl just as she saw the other armored thief raise his laser knife. Too slow to avoid the blow, Cho raise her arm to block the weapon. Either this was a well-placed hit or the weapon was powerful enough. Whatever the case was, it proved to be able to outmatch and overpower Cho's invulnerable body, cutting her arm. In pain, Cho reeled back, clutching her arm.

Thaelia saw Cho reel back in pain as the laser blade tore through her flesh.  Immediately an Atlantean proffanity that could only be described as unladylike escaped the royal's lips.  She jumped for the thief completely abandoning anything that resembled a proper defense.  At this point she was unmistakable from a predator lunging in for its prey.  "How dare you?  Leave her alone!"  

The thief brought down his knife.  Intent on trying to stab into Thaelia before she reached him.  With her reckless dive she was open to a counter attack, the reasoning was sound.  If only his opponent was a fraction of a second slower he might have even succeeded.  Instead, what he got was the full brunt of her superhuman strength.  Glamazon held little to nothing back, driving her fist into the exact same spot Cho had hit for good measure.

Even before the force launched the thief through the air back towards the store he was already unconscious.  Looking around Thaelia took note that they had clear all of their foes.

"Hey, it's fine...I-I'm fine." muttered Cho, holding her arm. It was still there, even if the cut was rather deep. "I could have finished him myself! But, um, thanks." Shaking her head, she began assesing the damage. A few bruises, a deeply cut arm and utterly trashed clothes. At the last one, Cho clammed up a bit. It wasn't at a point where she'd be in trouble for it, but it was clear that while she could soak up blaster shots, normal fabrics couldn't. Even her gloves and sleeves had faded away, vaporized by her own powers. Has she worn her Claremont uniform, this wouldn't have happenned.

"Oh well, I'm starting to get why the others carry their costumes under their clothes." Her powers clearly did not extend beyond her own body.  Wimpering a little, the mutant fell down, holding herself up on only one leg. The arm had been cut rather deep. "C-can you get me something to cover up and tie up the arm before I bleed out?"

Edited by RobRX

Thaelia let out a sigh of relief.  It would have been a great dishonor for the underclassman she was trying to make peace with to get badly injured during that very same excursion.  That would have meant that she didn't foster a safe enough environment for their peace talks.  Not that they were two nations at war.  It was two girls having coffee after all.  But Thaelia was drawn more to the fantastical than being grounded into the dull reality of the situation.  "Right away."

She raced off stopping in front of the still enthusiastic crowd.  "Fear not the fiends have been routed on this day.  However, my comrade's clothing was a casualty in the battle.  May we perchance borrow coverings?"  There was no attempt to quietly make the respect.  Thaelia practically shouting into the bystanders.  Certainly loud enough for Cho to still catch the Atlantean's pleading.

In silence, Cho left the atlantean noble to handle things as she simply kept clutching her badly-mangled, bleeding arm, trying not to show any hint of pain, as she felt no superhero should show such a thing. After all, they had to be invincible for the sake of others, or so she kept telling to herself. Still clutching the arm, she examined it, taking note of how deep the gash in her limb was. It had been a clear cut, deep and nasty, down to the bone.

'Well, at least it's still attached' she thought to herself, leaning back against the nearest wall, waiting to have her injury treated. 'Could have lost that arm...'

Edited by RobRX

GM

And elderly woman handed Thaelia a shirt and old woven blanket from the back of her car.  After thanking the woman and flashing a warm smile, the Atlantean leapt through the air.  Landing near Cho with an outstretched arm clutching tightly onto it.

Shortly afterwards the sounds of sirens filled the air.  A police car pulled up to the scene and a pair of beat coops soon exited.  Lowering his glasses and looking shocked at the pile of bodies and the two teen girls.  Soon after one of the men gave a soft whistle of admiration.  "Well I'll be Terry.  Don't see that every day."

The other man shrugged with seeming disinterest.  Pulling out the hand held microphone for the car's speaker system the man began to speak into.  "There was a traffic incident, but backup is on the way.  Everyone here is going to need to stay behind as we take statements.  The situation is under control, the Freedom City Police Department is officially on the scene."

As soon as his message finished the pair of officers would make their way over to the girls.

"Thank you..." whispered Cho, smiling faintly. She then put on the shirt and covered up her wounded arm. "The shirt is a bit small, but it will do." After all, she'd have to make do with what she has, for the moment. Then extending her valid arm to fist-bump with Glamazon. Well, at least she hoped the Atlantean would understand the gesture. Or else she'd probably just look very, very strange. After all, surface-dwellers do strange things, don't they? Like breathe air all the time.

GM

The two officers went on to take statements from Cho and Thaelia.  Requesting the girl's assistance in cordoning off the area as they went ahead and put the ringleader in their vehicle.  With the rest of the men handcuffed to various objects there was little risk of any more trouble happening the officers went ahead and began to drive off with the ringleader, for booking.  Thankfully it would only be a few more minutes until the rest of the officers would arrive on scene.  All in all it the commotion came to a peaceful conclusion.

If not for the fact, that the officers on the scene report the fact that no other police officers had reported arriving.  No other officers could have reported arriving someone had taken control of the traffic lights and halted police progress.  Whomever the girls had spoken to, they were not real police officers.

"Did you get it Mister Randall?"

"I'm charging extra.  Lost my crew, the loot, and perfectly good armor on this job.  All so you can get one lousy diamond."  The man coughed out from the back seat.  A low groan following soon after.  "I ever see those brats again, I'm taking more than an arm next time."

"Yes, yes Mr. Randall.  Your trivial losses are of no concern.  That key alone is worth more than all of those men combined.  Payment will be rather generous.  But the job is not yet complete.  This is only the first key..."

Edited by HG Morrison