Earth Victoriana: On Track

Supercape

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

That does fine. Whilst you are of course in an alternative dimension, you recognise the tattoos as symbols of Kali hindu Goddess, in her later incantations as change / violence / destruction. You also recognise some tattoos that have been associated with the Thuggee cult. i.e. he is a lookout for the cult. 

Feel free to grab some narrative licence about the meanings and symbols - the brush strokes are as above. 

Right lets have some initiative rolls: This is not a major threat...but...

1d20=2 Captain Singh

1d20=13 Cultists

There are five Thugee cultists (M&M Core Book PL 2)

The Priest of Kali is a Minor Mystic from BoM p85

Att +2, Def +4, Tough +1, Fort +3, Reflex +2, Will +6

Spells: Mind Blast 3, Illusion (All, Phantasm, Selective) 3, Mind Control 4, Drain CON / Disease / Perception 3, Concealment (Visual)

At present, all but the priest are in partial concealment due to the smoke and incense. 

1d20+6=18

he is a minion, but I am going to Fiat that he makes that roll with just a bruise, just to keep things a little interesting! So, Synapse - 2 HP! I appreciate thats a bit of a fudgy thing (on the one hand, he gets two benefits: a reroll and not a minion, on the other, still bruised, and well, I would like him in play for one round!)

Post away!

The thuggee are going to rush y'all!

Being a bit mad, that means all out attacking, so -2 to their defence, +2 to their attack. 

Being a bit sexist still, its 2 kinves on Singh, 1 on Synapse, 2 on Ulysses

1d20+4=21, 1d20+4=12, 1d20+4=20, 1d20+4=23, 1d20+4=21

Singh takes 1 knife: 1d20+0=4

Synapse takes 1 knife

Ulysses takes 2 knives, one of which is a crit. However, his impervious toughness means that he can shrug them off without a scratch. 

Each knife is DC 17. Need one from Synapse. 

More pertinently, Singh failed by 13, so is Dazed, Staggered, Disabled. 

more pertinently, the Priest is throwing some powder into the burning incense. This is a Nauseate 0 Power, but will increase +1 every round until a maximum of Nauseate 5. So start with some DC 10 Fort Saves please!

The Thuggee have +5 to their Fort save because of being so used to the strange drugs they ingest. And I am waving the first roll. 

then, Ulysses is up.