Characters Name: Twister

Alternate Identity: Desmond "Dizzy" Radcliffe III

Height: 6 ' 2 "

Weight: 190 lbs

Hair: Blonde

Eyes: Blue

Description:

Twister.png

History: Desmond Radcliffe was born into a powerful, wealthy and influential family, who has a long history of colonial rule across the globe under the auspices of robber barons and other assorted miscreants. Unlike Desmond's predecessors, he lacked the motivation to carve his destiny onto the helpless face of history. Instead, he decided at an early age, after watching his father bully or bribe his victims to achieve success, that he would much rather rely on his family's notoriety and wealth as a means of guaranteeing a comfortable, luxurious future. He coasted through elite boarding schools without ever cracking open a textbook, and then spent his few semesters at Oxford and Harvard attending exclusive parties, never bothering himself with lectures and professors and assignments. He declined invitations to such prestigious and mysterious organizations like the Freemasons and Skull and Bones, preferring the company of an edgier crowd consisting of drug dealers, pimps and thieves. Desmond believed they are truly free, living above the petty morals that entrap the common man.

However, his family had different ideas regarding Desmond's future. Although they could overlook his fascination with the underworld, being a Radcliffe means possessing refined adornments to conceal the twisted, serpentine core writhing underneath every smile and handshake. By neglecting his responsibilities to acquire a respectable education and enviable social contacts, he incurred his family's considerable wrath. His father severed Desmond's bloated allowance and his access to the vast resources of the Radcliffe estate. Left to his own devices, Desmond further penetrated the criminal subculture and began a career as a petty thief, using what little skills he gained over his misguided life.

Desmond proved to be a failure. Other criminals used him as a source of funds and amusement, and once the money evaporated they disappeared as quickly as they appeared. He had no aptitude for burglary, robbery or fraud, and his cherished "friends" avoided him for being so terribly incompetent. None of the associates and sycophants orbiting around the Radcliffes wanted anything to do with their wayward son. Desperate to regain recognition and wealth, he used what few connections he had to seek out the Power-House to augment his feeble frame. Desmond pawned everything he owned to purchase one of the Power-House's "packages." Unfortunately, the process nearly killed him and he was unceremoniously dumped in an emergency room late at night. After he recovered, Desmond discovered he received much more than he expected from the treatment. No sooner had he walked out of the hospital, he was contemplating colour choices for his new costume.

Desmond, now calling himself Twister, is an incredibly self-centered young man. He cares little for anyone he considers beneath him, and he has no problem crippling or killing those who stand in his way of achieving his rightful place as one of Freedom City's wealthy elites. He loathes his family and harbours fantasies of his inevitable revenge against them. Twister has a flair for the theatrical, cultivated after spending time with socialites and gangsters, and he prefers staging dramatic entrances and trading biting quips with his opponents in the midst of a spectacular crime.

Powers: Twister is a mutate, a human whose genetic structure has been permanently altered after being exposed to a mutagenic substance. By turning on his feet, Twister can spin at incredible speeds, fast enough to block or deflect heavy objects and even bullets. While spinning, Twister can reach a ground speed of 500 mph, avoid being injured from falls, move about like a tornado to attack several targets at once, whip the air around him to move up to 1,600 lbs, drill into the ground and move through the soil, have a complete 360 degree view around him and strike one target multiple times with his patented "Cyclone Punch." When he spins at a particular rpm (rotations per minute), the unusual pattern on his costume can disorientate or sicken his targets. Although Twister gained his abilities from the Power-House, he does not exhibit an addiction to repeated treatments. At the moment, there is no scientific or mystical explanation for Twister's powers.

Str: 10 (+0)

Dex: 12 (+1)

Con: 12 (+1)

Int: 10 (+0)

Wis: 11 (+0)

Cha: 12 (+1)

Attack: +6

Defense: +5 (+1 flat-footed)

Initiative: +5

Grapple: +6

Toughness: +1 / +7

Fortitude: +2

Reflex: +3

Will: +2

Skills: Intimidate 8 (+9), Knowledge (streetwise) 4 (+4), Notice 8 (+8)

Feats: All-out Attack, Dodge Focus 3, Improved Initiative, Instant Up, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Uncanny Dodge (visual)

Powers: Container 10

-Spinning 6 and Super-Senses 1 (Radius - Visual)

-Alt Power- Strike 6 [Extras: Area - Burst; General]

-Alt Power- Burrowing 6 and Confuse 6 [Extras: Range - Perception; Flaws: Sense-Dependent - Visual]

-Alt Power- Deflect 5 [all fast and slow projectiles]

-Alt Power- Environmental Control 6 [Hamper Movement (one-quarter)]

-Alt Power- Nauseate 6 [Extras: Range - Ranged; Flaws: Sense-Dependent - Visual]

-Alt Power- Strike 6 (Extras: Autofire)]

-Air Control 6

-Bouncing 6 (Power Feats: Pinball)

-Speed 6

Drawbacks: None

Abilities (7) + Combat (16) + Saves (5) + Skills (5) + Feats (9) + Powers (50) - Drawbacks (0) = 92 Power Points

Powers: Container 10 (Spinning 6 [Power Feats: Super-Senses 2 (Radius - Visual); Alternate Powers: Burrowing 6, Confuse 6 (Extras: Range - Perception; Flaws: Sense-Dependent - Visual], Deflect 5 [all fast and slow projectiles; Flaws: Action - Full Round], Nauseate 6 [Extras: Range - Ranged; Flaws: Sense-Dependent - Visual], Strike 6 (Extras: Autofire)], Air Control 5, Bouncing 6 (Power Feats: Pinball), Speed 6)

You are going to have to help me out here. I can't tell what is a power and what is an alt power. Every power after "Alternate Powers" is separated by a comma. I'm sure with 50 PPs listed they all aren't alt powers, so would you mind reformatting so it is clearer. Maybe put a empty line between powers and arrays. :)

[Edit] I think the ] after "visual" is the place where the alt powers stop, but since you didn't close the ( just before "Extras," I can't be sure. Let me know.

I had trouble formatting this one; sorry about that. :? I included their value for my own piece of mind (and for easier evaluation). Math is not my strongest subject.

Container 10 (50 PP Total)

Spinning 6 (Power Feats: Super-Senses 2 [Radius - Visual]) = 16 PP

Alternate Power: Burrowing 6 = 1 PP

Alternate Power: Confuse 6 (Extras: Range - Perception; Flaws: Sense-Dependent - Visual) = 1 PP

Alternate Power: Deflect 5 (all fast and slow projectiles; Flaws: Action - Full Round) = 1 PP

Alternate Power: Nauseate 6 (Extras: Range - Ranged; Flaws: Sense-Dependent - Visual) = 1 PP

Alternate Power: Strike 6 (Extras: Autofire) = 1 PP

Air Control 5 = 10 PP

Bouncing 6 (Power Feats: Pinball) = 13 PP

Speed 6 = 6 PP

Spinning 6 (Power Feats: Super-Senses 2 [Radius - Visual]) = 16 PP

Shouldn't this be only 13 PPs. Spinning is 2 PPs/rank (12 PPs) and making your vision radial is 1 PP (2 PPs if you want to make all of your visual senses radial . . . but, of course, you don't have any other visual senses other than normal vision).

Alternate Power: Confuse 6 (Extras: Range - Perception; Flaws: Sense-Dependent - Visual) = 1 PP

Since both of these are "underpowered," you could put them both in the same array slot and save yourself a PP. You have 13 PPs in the array slot and currently they both add up to only 12 PPs.

Alternate Power: Deflect 5 (all fast and slow projectiles; Flaws: Action - Full Round) = 1 PP

FYI, you don't need to flaw this power to get it to fit into the array slot. Deflect (fast and slow) is 2 PPs/rank. You could have Deflect 5 (fast and slow) as a standard action and still have it fit in the array slot.

1. You're right! I thought Super-Senses cost 2 PP per rank, and visually based powers always required 2 ranks (such as Dazzle and Concealment). That frees up 3 PPs, I believe.

If that's the case, I'll increase Air Control 5 to Air Control 6 and add another Alternate Power: Bladestorm 6 (Burst Area Damage effect), found on page 192 in UP.

2. I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean. :oops:

3. Good point. That power should read Deflect 5 (all slow and fast projecticles).

2. I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean. :oops:

You can put more than one power in an array slot for 1 PP as long as their total values don't exceed the cost of the main power minus any Alt Power Feats.

For example, you could do . . .

Spinning 6 (Power Feats: Super-Senses 2 [Radius - Visual]) = 13 PP

. . . which is what you have.

Or you could do . . .

Spinning 6 (Power Feats: Super-Senses 2 [Radius - Visual]) = 13 PP

Alternate Power: Burrowing 6 and Confuse 6 (Extras: Range - Perception; Flaws: Sense-Dependent - Visual) = 1 PP

. . . because together Burrowing 6 and Confuse 6 will both fit into the 13 PP array slot.

An Alternate Power may be made up of two or more other powers, but that Alternate Power cannot exceed the cost of the primary power.

Does that make sense? It's not a big deal here. It will make little difference in your character other than 1 PP, but I thought I'd mention it.

Yes, that makes complete sense now. Thanks! :D

I'll take up your suggestion and put those two powers in an array. The additional PP will buy another Alternate Power: Environmental Control 6 (Hamper Movement [one-quarter]). Twister is turning into the Swiss Army knife of super-villains!

I've made the appropriate changes to my character sheet.

1. I changed your flat-footed defense to +1. When you are flat-footed you lose all of your Dodge bonus and half of your defense bonus.

2. I reformatted your powers to make it easier to audit for the next guy. After the final approval, if you want to reformat them back the old way, that's fine with me.

3. I changed "Bladestorm 6" to its more basic components: Strike 6 [Extra], again to make it easier to audit. If you want to change that back too, fine with me.

All we need now is to know what kind of Area you bought; is it Targeted or General (UP, 97)?

Other than that . . . Approved

• 4 months later...