History:

December 15, 2013: Who read the instructions anyway

January 5, 2014: Gravity Falls

January 6, 2014: The Ice Age Cometh

January 6, 2014, Vignette: Camelot City

January 11, 2014: Rock 'em, Sock 'em

January 18, 2014: Visiting Hours

February 7, 2014: Some things should never be found

April 12, 2014: What's in a name and costume, anyway?

May 23, 2014: Going Underground

May 29, 2014: Paige-ing Dr. Steel

June 7, 2014: A Little Friendly Competition

June 19, 2014: Can't Change Time

June 30, 2014, Vignette: Through Another's Eyes

July 2, 2014: UnderWYRMed

July 2, 2014: Next Gen: Lor and Order

July 6, 2014 - July 20th 2014: WYRM: Newcomer

September 2014, Vignette: Back to School

November 3, 2014: The building blocks of life

November 29, 2014: Reflections: Do You Believe In Heroes?

February 24, 2015: Hidden from sight

February 28, 2015: Cyberpirates of the Atlantic Basin

March 7, 2015: And two more shall take it's place

May 17th, 2015: Quirky Characters

Edited by RobRX

Origin Story

Cho opened the door to her home, hoping her mother and stepfather would not be around yet. Her clothes were tattered and burned but she seemed unharmed. Unfortunately for her, her stepfather was waiting at the table, waiting for her. “Cho. Where have you been?†he asked, sternly. “Nowhere, John.†she said, acting disinterested or at least faking it. The man kept looking at her. “Don’t play games with me, the school called. And you’re covered in burns, what the heck happened?â€

“I said nothing!†shouted the girl and, instinctively, the man recoiled in fear. “Okay just get off my back! I had a hard day and yes, those are burns on my clothes, so what?†she screamed. “Want to know how I got those? While you were here, preparing your speech to admonish me, I jumped into a frickin’ fire to get someone out! Like anyone like me should have done!†She then looked down at herself. “And look, not a burn on me. You think that’s normal, John?†The man removed his glasses and rubbed his eyes. “Your mother is scared, Cho. Look, we know you’re...changing. You don’t think that might just scare us a bit? The school called, apparently you made a hole in the wall and I don’t mean with your fists. There were witnesses. They saw what you did.â€

Cho shaked her head. “I didn’t mean to, someone was being a jerk. I stepped in to stop him. I-I lost...control, I think. It came out of nowhere, I didn’t even know I could do that. You have no idea how much I’m glad he ducked out of the way because I can’t imagine what would have happened to him if I had hit him with that.†Once more, he just silently looked at her. “I’m scared too! But I know what I got to do because it’s what people like me do. It’s the only thing they can do! So get off my back!â€

“Cho, Cho...I know things have always been rough between you and me but you have to understand I have your mother and sister to look after and-†He gets cut off by the angry girl. “Don’t say that, I know you’re scared of me! You think I’m a freak. I know you don’t like /them/.†The man slammed his fist on the table. “This isn’t about this, it’s never been about this! This isn’t about superpowers. It’s about you and how you worry your mother. This has nothing to do with what I think of these people, I know we wouldn’t be here without them. This is about YOU. This is about your mother crying herself to sleep because she doesn’t understand what’s going on with you. She’s scared because she love you!â€

The girl breathed in, holding back some more yelling. Things had always been difficult between her and her stepfather. “I know you resent me. Because I’m not your father.†said the man, getting up from his chair. “It’s just that I want to put this to good use, you know? Isn’t that the least I can do?†Grabbing a kitchen knife, she plunges it into her chest, bending and breaking it. “Seriously, is there any job prospect for someone like me beside putting on a cape and going out there, putting that power to good use?†Her stepfather shrugged, knowing that there was no way out of this argument. “I know what mom wants; she want me safe and sound, hopefully in some cozy job where I won’t get harmed.â€

“After what happened to your father, can you blame her?†The man approached her, now standing shorter than her following her recent growth spurt. Hesitantly, he took her hand, the skin feeling somewhat hard now. “She doesn’t want to lose you.†he said, shaking his head. “And I want to do something that matters!†The man gave her a sad look. "You don't know what you're getting into, kid."

Edited by RobRX
  • 2 weeks later...

“Okay, so…†said Cho as she examined the papers she was holding. “Self-examination test. Okay, seems simple enough.†The girl continued the read and examine the papers, checking the instructions. She thought it would likely be simple enough and easy to answer.

(1) Where are you from?

“Oh come on, they know that it’s probably in their files, what kind of stupid question is this?â€

I was born in Freedom City.

(2) How would you physically describe yourself? Is this different from how others would?

“What kind of question is that! Really?â€

I guess that, now, I look rather strong and fit. Probably part of my powers. I have no idea how the others would describe me, I’m probably far from the weirdest person here. I don't think guys like that.

(3) Does you have a distinguishing speech characteristics or recurring mannerisms?

“I...I don’t know!†she continue to say out loud as she answered the questions.

I talk loudly and with a lot of enthusiasm, or so I’m told.

(4) What is your motivation?

Not getting yelled at by my mother. Maybe do some good when I can.

(5) What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?

I have a lot of energy I guess. I get told I got a very bad temper and I’m too quick to act and that I don’t really think about the repercussions of my actions too well.

(6) What does your love? What does you hate?

I love baseball. I hate bullies, I guess.

(7) How would you describe your mental and emotional state?

“Uuum…†She took a moment to ponder that.

I’m a teenager, does that answer your questions? I guess I’m a bit confused about my place in the world and what to do with my powers.

(8) What do your fear the most?

“I don’t fear anything! Okay, no, not really.â€

I fear my family would get harmed, as anybody would. Mostly I fear they could reject me.

(9) What is your greatest ambition?

I guess, deep down, there are a lot of people in Freedom City I look up to. I know I’ll never be a tenth of how great they are or were.

(10) How do you feel about the state of the world and your place in it?

I wish I knew.

(11) Does you have any prejudices? How do you get along with others?

I don’t really have any prejudice. My parents are from different countries so I guess that’s not something I really think about in my daily life. Lot’s of different kind of people I don’t see why anyone would be less for being different. I think my temper stop me from getting along well with others sometimes.

(12) Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?

I don’t really know, I never thought about it.

(13) Does your hero have a lover or partner? How do they feel about you?

Hey that’s personal you creeps!

(14) Does you have a family? What is the relationship there like?

“Ugh, why THAT question? Do I really have to answer?â€

I got issues with my stepfather. My mother seems a bit ill. They don’t approve that I get into danger. So, no, I guess things aren’t going so well with my family.

(15) How would the people closest to you describe you?

Energetic?

(16) Do you consider yourself a role model?

“OH COME ON! Who wrote that?â€

I don’t know. I wish I could say yes.

(17) How spiritual are you? Does you follow a religious tradition?

I pray once in a while, does that count?

(18) Would you one day like to be part of a team? Why?

YES! Because the Freedom League look so damn cool! Thing is, I’m not good enough for that.

(19) How does you feel about the place of metahumans and aliens on Earth?

I guess I can’t really write anything negative since I’m one. So I’m okay with it I guess.

(20) If someone could give you a piece of advice, what do you think it would be?

Not to act too rashly? 

--

Finishing writing everything, Cho took a moment to ponder her answers before finally giving up and just putting the paper where it was meant to go. She hoped that would satisfy the school councillor. She wasn't exactly sure if her answers were in-depth enough but sitting there writing had somewhat bored her already.                                      

Edited by RobRX

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?

For now? Myself.

Who or what do you despise? Why?

Bullies. I don't know, I guess it's not fair to use power to dominate others.

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?

Resolve and honesty. I like to think I got both!

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?

Pompousness. I don’t know, it just rubs me the wrong way. I also dislike bullies.

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why?

I’ve put on a mask a few times. I don’t know if anyone recognised me.

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?

I’m a bit too headstrong sometimes. It might affect my teamwork. I don’t really mind being a follower if the situation calls for it.

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?

No I’m not but I sometimes like to imagine what life would be like if I was in the Freedom League. That just sound so cool!

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?

I’ve gone to church in some moments where I needed guidance.

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?

The Freedom League. Centurion, god rest his soul.

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?

Not really.

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?

I haven’t really done it long enough to know for sure.

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?

Not a chance!

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?

Finish school.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?

Right now I don’t know.

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?

Becoming rejected for being a freak. That would break my heart.

Is there anything you would give you life for?

I don’t know but I’m sure that, in the spur of the moment, I would know deep down.

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?

I’m used to not have much but I don’t really crave money either.

How do you generally treat others?

I like to think I’m not too demeaning to others.

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?
Yes, I guess I can be. No, it hasn’t been abused.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?

I’m quite shy until I can break out of my shell.

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex?

I try not to oogle too much. Sorry, still a teenager!

What are your most annoying habits?

Talking loudly or saying something I shouldn’t say.

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?

Outside of bullies? Not really.

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?

Nowadays I am so hungry I could eat anything. But I like beef jerky a lot.

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?

Carrot juice.

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?

Anything!

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?

Some types of seafood gross me out.

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?

I like bright colors. Cold colors, less so.

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?

Anything that can pump me up and put me in a good, fired up mood!
If you have a favorite scent, what is it?

Food. Lot’s of food, I can’t help it I’m hungry.

Do you have a favorite animal?

I like dogs.

What is your most treasured possession? Why?

I’m not particularly attached to one thing specifically.

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?

Doesn't really matter!

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?

Operating a tarantula! Eeew!!

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How important is it to you?

I pray once in a while.

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?

My parents.

If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization?

Could you kill? Have you killed?

I don’t know if I could. No, I haven’t.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?

I haven’t decided yet, however, I’m usually told that heroes don’t kill.

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?
Well I guess if something BIG was in the balance, maybe. Just maybe.

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours?

I don’t know! If it was in cold blood I might flip my lid.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?

It depend on what. If it’s important I might break a few limbs...

How would you react to public humiliation?

I’d get pissed!

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?

I lost my father, so I know it would really sadden me for a long time.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?

Child murder or worse. Because it’s just low. And horrifying.

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?

I’d go to my father’s tomb and ‘talk’ to him. Then I’d talk with my family.

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?

I got zero training.

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?

Like I said, no training. Need to train at Claremont I suppose.

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?

I can play baseball, I guess?
Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?

I’m still a student.

What is your preferred combat style?

Punching things until they break!

Have you ever received any awards or honours?

Nope.

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?

Just about everything but I do need to learn how to properly fight.

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?

I might feel a tiny bit jealous but I could want to learn a thing or two.

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?

Waking up. School. Other stuff. Homework. Sleep. Nothing too weird outside of being at Claremont. I don’t mind breaking routine.

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?

I used to like baseball.

What do you do for fun?

Watch TV. Read comics.

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?

I got the standard Claremont uniform. I’m considering making a custom one, I don’t know if that’s allowed.

How do you normally dress when not in costume?

Some would say it’s a bit boyish.

What do you wear to bed most nights?

A t-shirt and underwears.

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?

Nah, I’m not that kind of girl.

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?

Closet or still inside my luggage.

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?

Train and bus for long distance. I guess otherwise I can just run or roof hop.

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make?

No.

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?

I got no clue.

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?

For who I am, nothing more.

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?

I heard I cause...a bit of collateral damage sometimes.

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?

My strength! Oh, you didn’t mean like that? Well okay, my energy and enthusiasm then!

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?

I don’t really use that brain of mine so I can charge into trouble all too easily.

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...

Use your head and think, for once!

Edited by RobRX