"He's...he's out," said Fast-Forward, reaching up to pat the angry kid on a gigantic shoulder. Sure enough, the savage beating had knocked Unferth deep into unconsciousness, his face bloodied and eyes closed. "Listen, big guy, I know you're real mad he tossed your girl around. But you're just giving Medea what she wants when you act like that in front of her." He pointed to the paralyzed witch, who was frozen in mid-gloat. "All you're doing is giving her a reason to do this again next time she gets out." Walking over to where Volvur had been dragged down to Hell, he added, "I knew a lot of people back in the day who probably didn't go anywhere nice when they kicked the bucket. No reason to rub that in their faces. Let's get these jokers back behind bars." 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Don't... kill him."

Stronghold winced with every step as she walked out of the forest, clearly favoring her left leg, an orange walking stick supporting her as she made her way towards Cobalt Templar- a nasty bruise on her right leg making the cause obvious.  She had a couple of scrapes otherwise, but her costume seemed to have taken most of the damage- a costume that had already been repaired.  "Not saying he wouldn't deserve it... but that's not you."

She stopped, touching her side where the ax hit and wincing again.  "It's not any of us.  Hope not, anyway."

Haukea was... slightly disappointed she hadn't been able to contribute to the first despite being... well, a distraction... but it looked like the ranger was safe.  No more lives had been lost.  "...we need to find out what happened to the ice giant guy.  Make sure he knows they won't be bothering him anymore."

Temperance wanted to say something, but she didn't know who to direct it to. For a second, she'd felt pity for Unferth - and more pity for his lover, condemned to Hell once more, out of love. But this was the same man who'd wanted to hollow her out to use her as his beloved's hand puppet - and he'd already killed one girl like her as part of his gambit. And in the middle of this all was Medea, who'd just been using them all like toys. Not for power, not for an advantage, but just to laugh merrily when it all went to hell. 

In the end, she just shook her head. "What a miserable waste." 

But as she passed the prone Medea, she looked down at the frozen sorceress. "Honestly, I'm surprised someone hasn't turned you to stone and thrown you in the Marianas." 

"The next time I see Medea, she's the one getting tossed around."

Nevertheless, Cobalt Templar tossed Unferth with a contemptous backhand, the mercenary landing in a heap. Once the would-be-demigod was airborne, he was back to his (still kind of big but not giant) normal self. He gave Stronghold a long, unreadable look when she said he didn't have it in him to kill. Finally he sighed and shook his head.

"He's down and not a threat. I'm just frustrated these scumbags managed to kill someone before we stopped them."

He smirked at Temperance's mention of turning Medea to stone and tossing her into the Challenger Deep.

"That's not a bad idea."

After that he'd lapse into silence until the police arrived, at which point he'd give his statements on the events that occurred. After a final round of goodbyes with the other heroes, he'd streak off at incredible speed to...somewhere.