Cobalt Templar had crossed his arms over his chest after tucking the Indigo Ring away. He didn't seem to really buy into the strange man's explanations.

"Wraith has the right of it. Maybe there is some sort of danger coming, but how you went about this is all wrong. Why didn't you go to one of the dozens of hero groups and ask them for help? You're still making it hard to trust you, making excuses for how you behaved, trying to treat what you've been doing, the path you've been on, as nothing major. Should have been a red flag to you."

He sighs, and rubs the bridge of his nose for a moment.

"But since you're such a repentant naughty puppy who just wanted to save everyone, part of me is inclined to just get the **** thing over with and take you to the **** spring so you can quit with the persecuted hero act. So, you know what? Fine, let's go. You misbehave, you take a nap and we take your other shiny away."

His tone brooked no argument.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GM

The purple alien shrugged "That is all I can ask for. Thank you." Starting to walk towards a flight of stairs nearby he checked himself and turned, regarding the three Spaniards still watching the scene and players with considerable fascination. "Without the Ring under my control, your minds should be entirely normal in...a few hours? Around that. The rest might take a few days to be fully whole again. They shouldn't recall anything damaging or painful. Though no thanks to my mastery."

The trip back to Loholo was quiet and uneventful, the spirit's voice chiming with happy surprise at their return. In'Dego stooped by the pool and whispered into it as he dipped a hand into the water, bringing it to his lips and throwing his head back in a fluid motion. He was still for several minutes, eyes shining from within as they rolled up and stared at the starry sky.

"The Star Khan," he said at last, his voice much less raspy than before, slower and contemplative with its odd accent much stronger "has many children. Four of them, with a great army at their back, will come to this planet in the wake of something far greater and more terrible. If I keep the Night Stone....they'll find it and take it. If I don't it has a chance to escape them, but I'll never see the Stone again."

Standing up, Indigo relaxed the fingers that had never once stopped clutching his last treasure, and looked again at its oblong obsidian depths. With a sudden movement he pulled at the leather cord, straining it against his neck until it broke with a snap. Looking away, he tossed it to the three superheroes, the mere act making his teeth clench and eyes screw shut. "There, put it with the others. I can still fly without it, for a little while." His lean shoulders sagging, the Zultasian slumped cross-legged to the ground in final defeat.

"One of them is already searching the thoughts of people on this world, looking for me. 'Cause of my foolishness I might have already gotten their attention. Everything's gone wrong, thanks to me trying to act clever." Rubbing his face with his wetted hand, In'Dego added glumly "Where you think I deserve going, kids, take me there. I'm done."