Undercover Angel

Heritage

So at some point this month, I'd like Grim to start her infiltration of the Freedom City Mob, but I'm not quite sure about how to go about it. It could be just a solo adventure thread, I guess, or maybe Nightrival could be in on it; certainly he'd be a big part of the behind the scenes work involved, but I don't know if he would be in the actual thread. Maybe even Nano could be involved in some way, since he is still known to be a criminal. We might not want to do this until NR formally starts up his little mini-team, or at least until 'Take the Skinheads' and 'The Date' storylines come to a close.

Just putting this out there, no rush on it. :)

If I'm too busy with other games to actively participate in Grim's undercover operation, I have no problem having the Ref (or possibly another player) treat Nightrival as a NPC. He won't get involved in combat or otherwise interfere with Grim's progress, he'll just provide information, encouragement, etc. Of course, this all depends on whether that's legal in this campaign.

I have to finish two games before the team-up is implemented. That might be too long a wait for you, I don't know. However, the team-up could be an ideal jumping off point for a long-term attack on King and his cohorts, including working undercover. That depends if the other players would be into that. I haven't exactly thought out a plan for the group; I was hoping we would colloborate on the plot(s).

If I'm too busy with other games to actively participate in Grim's undercover operation, I have no problem having the Ref (or possibly another player) treat Nightrival as a NPC. He won't get involved in combat or otherwise interfere with Grim's progress, he'll just provide information, encouragement, etc. Of course, this all depends on whether that's legal in this campaign.

I have to finish two games before the team-up is implemented. That might be too long a wait for you, I don't know. However, the team-up could be an ideal jumping off point for a long-term attack on King and his cohorts, including working undercover. That depends if the other players would be into that. I haven't exactly thought out a plan for the group; I was hoping we would colloborate on the plot(s).

If need be, I can wait a bit on this, so I shouldn't say this has to happen in April; certainly Grim could benefit from any extra training (i.e. more PP) prior to leaping into Donnie Brascoland. That would also give her time to enjoy her newfound income from her messenger job. I'm a patient guy :)

I'd be amenable to GMing this one. But you're right, it would likely be better if this started after The Date or one of your other threads wrap up. (Grim's in what, like 5? :) )

But whatever you decide, we can start throwing out ideas either here or in PMs. For example, what's Grim's endgame solution on this one? She brings down one of the major mob families? Maybe she shuts down drugs/prostitution to one of the neighborhoods? I'm just trying to get a clearer picture on what you want to do.

I'd be amenable to GMing this one. But you're right, it would likely be better if this started after The Date or one of your other threads wrap up. (Grim's in what, like 5? :) )

Thankfully she's now down to four, including her little solo domestic thread in the Fens ;) The more I think about it, the better a target start date in June sounds... And I would be happy for you to run this one, VM.

But whatever you decide, we can start throwing out ideas either here or in PMs. For example, what's Grim's endgame solution on this one? She brings down one of the major mob families? Maybe she shuts down drugs/prostitution to one of the neighborhoods? I'm just trying to get a clearer picture on what you want to do.

This is really Nightrival's show, going back to the last page of the Deja Vu thread, so Grim will defer to him; we should probably shift this over to PMs, I guess.

Edit: I meant May, not June - it was late when I posted, and I skipped a month :roll:

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this thread back up because Grim is begining her infiltration of the Freedom City criminal element, and it looks like she showed up at the Arena too late to join in on MBCE's little party :(

In her guise as Lenny, she is actually looking to participate in a few straight-up jobs just to get Lenny's name out there as a reliable flunky, mostly acting as lookout/scout, but a little breaking and entering might also be on the agenda. Any one interested in running/playing in such a story?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I'm starting to think the whole 'Grim pretending to be a guy' thing is just going to get too weird, but I don't want to chuck the posts I've put up as Lenny so far. I'm thinking it might be better if 'Lenny' acts as an agent for a new female villain persona that I will work on; this will make for easier posting overall and will eliminate the future awkwardness I see looming on the horizon...:shock: :?