Reclaiming the Land (OOC)

Thevshi

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay I'm going to try a very different track, helping people :). Miss Grue will try to put herself between Ulysses and the sister, and if necessary I'll spring the HP for Interpose when the need arises. Then she try to break him out of the rock holding him, I'm not sure what you'd like me to roll for this.

• 7 months later...

Okay, we are going once more!

The four security guards "trapped" in Tsunami's dome will try to blast their way out of the dome, four DC 20 toughness saves for the dome: 21, 12, 28, 24, so makes the first, misses the second (another -1 for its toughness) and still makes the second two, even with the additional -1.

The free guard will fire on Tsunami, hitting with a 25 (as a minion, he cannot score a crit on her).  Tsunami makes her toughness save.

Round Six

18 Tsunami (unharmed, fatigued, 2 HP)

9 Clover (unharmed)

9 Crimson (bruised)

9 Tundra (bruised)

8 Ulysses (unharmed, bound and helpless 0HP)

7 Miss Grue (bruised, 2 HP)

Last: Security guards (5: 4 trapped in water dome (-2 toughness to dome), 1 free)

Tsunami is up, but as she is maintaining the water dome, there is not much else she can do, so she will use the Total Defense action to boost her defense to 14.

• 2 weeks later...

No worries Tiff.  Yeah we are using the older versions of Miss Grue and an older version of Tsunami as well.

Right now the twins are up in the air, out of Miss Grue's reach at giant size.  Tundra is on the ground, a little ways away, but still within a move action to get to.

Miss Grue is still next to Ulysses, who is still trapped in a rock snare.

Tsunami still has four of the security guards protected inside her solid water dome, and one security guard is still up outside the dome.

Tundra almost avoids that with a 36, but almost isn’t good enough, so she is grappled.

The four security guards in the dome will continue trying to blast their way out, so four more DC 20 toughness saves for the dome: 22, 12, 15 and 17[/ulr], so, makes the first one and ends up with -3 more to toughness do to damage (now at -5 toughness, but still up!). 

The last security guard will not act, as he is now uncertain what to do.

Round Seven

18 Tsunami (unharmed, fatigued, 2 HP)
14 Earth Monster (unharmed)
9 Clover (unharmed)
9 Crimson (bruised)
9 Tundra (bruised)
8 Ulysses (unharmed, bound and helpless 0HP)
7 Miss Grue (bruised, 2 HP)
Last: Security guards (5: 4 trapped in water dome (-5 toughness to dome), 1 free)

The earth monster rises up to full height, standing over 20 feet tall. It sends an area attack (rocks and chunks of earth) flying up at Clover and Crimson, DC 23 Reflex save to lower damage: Crimson gets a 27, Clover a 26 so DC 21 toughness saves, but their Impervious toughness allows them to take that with no roll.

Clover tries to trap the large earth monster with a yellow energy construct, the earth monster misses its reflex save with a 9, so it trapped.

Crimson fires an energy blast at Miss Grue, hitting with a 27, DC 27 toughness save for Miss Grue.

Okay, due to already having a bruise, Miss Grue will pick up another, but still hold on to Tundra.

Ulysses is up!  (and still in the snare)

(oh, and I am going to give all the PCs a Hero Point for the complication of the earth monster coming into the fight)

• 2 weeks later...

Tundra only gets a 24 on her grapple check, so Miss Grue maintains her hold. 

Normally, that would miss the massive earth creature, but with it bound by the energy creation from Clover, that is good enough to hit.  It actually manages to miss its toughness save with a 21, so picks up a bruise.