Aoiroo

Giang could not help but sigh inwardly slightly as William appeared to once again bring the group to something of a halt. It was not that the Asian teen had anything against William, it was just that this tour was apparently not going to be able to escape the curious students that appeared to sidetrack and delay such attempts to show new students around the campus.

"No." She replied to Thaelia's question about whether William was also a new arrival. "He arrived a few weeks ago."

The Asian teen then spoke up. "Hopefully punching is no longer being considered."

"William, these are two new students, Cho and Georgia." Giang then stated, gesturing towards the other two girls as she introduced them. "And this is Thaelia, my roommate." She then added, indicating the Atlantean teen.

"William just started here himself a few weeks ago." Giang said to Cho and Georgia.

“Well, if I don’t have to stick with the etiquette that’s good enough for me! I wouldn’t even know how to do that anyway!†She offer Thaelia another glance. “What? You really want to punch me THAT badly? Can’t be worse than the robots. That’s a long story anyway.†Excited, she punched her own palm, perhaps hoping she can settle things with the atlantean later, despite how she technically started it.

Then, Cho turned to the new arrival. “William, right? I’m Cho! Nice to meet you.†Extending a hand, she seemingly expected a handshake. Hopefully she won’t deliver one that’s a bit too...enthusiastic.

Edited by RobRX

Suddenly, William is no longer over against the wall, he is standing in front of Cho, shaking her hand and delivering a winning smile.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Cho. And I'm glad there's no punching. Fistfights before lunch wear me out."

Then he's in front of Thaelia, offering her a handshake.

"Thaelia! Terribly sorry we didn't meet earlier, but that's okay. Pleasure to make your acquaintance."

As soon as her hand is shaken he's in front of Georgia, offering another handshake.

"Georgia, welcome to Claremont, it's awesome here, don't worry. Glad you could make it."

Then he was standing in front of Giang, arms crossed, smile gleaming, and giving her a wink. 

"So! Tours are cool."

Especially tours with not one, not two, not three, but FOUR beautiful young women. 

"I could help provide-oh, uh, luggage. Hrm. That....probably means dorms. Which aren't publicly open! So, uh, yeah. I'd offer to help but I don't think I'm allowed and stuff. Maybe after all you lovely ladies get your gear stowed and stuff we can catch up at the cafeteria? Food is fun. Eh? Eh?"

"Good to meet you guys too,"
Georgia grabbed the hand of the pretty eager young man. Not that anybody matched Cho in excitement levels. She wondered if this school had cheerleading or something like that to help with that level of energy. Still after the storm of the probable confrontation settled they were more or less back on track. At least in terms of what they were going to do. It seemed at least that these weren't the type to overextend a confrontation. Which was good, cause honestly she didn't want to get drenched in whatever insuing battle Giang might of had with Thelia,

"Depends on the food and the cafeteria."
She adjusted the chest on her shoulder,

"I'm pretty sure public schools order all there stuff prefrozen and prepackaged and then reheats it all at varying temperatures to make sure that it's either always a little burnt, or so runny as to be completely inedible. I'm not sure what they do to get the amount of grease on those pizza's though, the ones at my school you could go skating with if you put it crust down."

“Honestly, when I get hungry I don’t care if it’s pre frozen or not. Or even actually frozen, I think I’d be able to chew my tv dinner without heating it, now. Actually, I’m pretty hungry right now!†As if to confirm what she was saying, her stomach growled and growled. She was obviously very hungry already.

“I shouldn’t have started a fight, it only made me hungrier.†Holding her stomach, it kept growling as a certain sudden ‘down’ of energy fell upon Cho, slowly sapping her of her exuberant energy and mannerisms. “I didn’t eat before coming here. It’s another long story. Anyway, don't mind me and let's continue with the tour.â€

Edited by RobRX

Thaelia kept a close eye on Will as he moved from person to person.  The boy was fast there was no two ways about it.  Although she could hoof it at a respectable pace, the likelihood of being able to keep up at that pace wasn't currently in her reach as far as she could compare.  At least on land.  A wry smile appearing on her face as a bit of her competitive streak came to mind.  Pushing that curiosity aside the muscular teen would fold her arms.

"Well Georgia, I'm sure Giang must have mentioned the cafeteria is closed on weekends and nights.  So it is the Staff Restaurant we would be going to.  Which is generally considered a more affordable option than eating out or ordering in for the board residents.  The food is of acceptable cuisine in my opinion.  Of course, we can go wherever you two wish to go it is of no concern for me."  Stretching her arm out she'd offer her hand in Cho's direction.  "If you need sustenance that badly I can carry your bags on our way to the dorms.  I need to head there to leave my towel."  There was no malevolence in the making of the offer from the swimsuit wearing royal.  It'd be uncouth to take advantage of someone's in a weakened state.

Considering how tumultuous their recent encounter was coupled Thaelia's temper it'd take a little breathing room to completely move past the uneasiness.  Even if both sides had been in the wrong.  Besides Cho seemed enthusiastic enough after the fact to settle any bad blood the only way Thaelia knew how judging by the way the girl hit her own palm.  Not that Thaelia was currently giving it second thought with the possibility of festivities at hand aided by the desire in avoiding a second lecture from her close friend.

Upon noticing Thaelia’s gesture Cho pulls her luggage as far away from the atlantean noble as possible. “Um, no. Thanks. I’ll be fine!†she says, annoyed at the idea that Thaelia may find her weakened. Shaking her head, she mentally struggled to keep the fatigue away and for the most part succeeded, if only just for now. Still, that would be enough to keep her functional.

“I’ll be fine with my luggage, I’m hungry not on the brink of exhaustion or death! Beside, it’s exercise!†Even if those weight absolutely nothing for her. “So what do they serve here, food-wise?â€

Giang maintained a rather patient expression as Will began quickly moving from person to person, greeting the three girls he did not already know before stopping in front of the Asian teen.  When she had met Will during his own tour of the campus, Giang had rather quickly noted that he was rather energetic and something of a flirt.  Others might have taken this as an opportunity to deflate the speedy teen a bit, by commenting on how his own campus tour had been along with his parents and little sister.  But Giang was not that sort of person.

"Unless Georgia or Cho wish to do otherwise, we likely will be stopping at the Staff restaurant after we drop off their luggage, so we could certainly meet up there in a short while."  She replied with a small smile.

Giang then turned back to Cho and Georgia at their questions.  "Unfortunately I have no experience with cafeterias in public schools in this country.  But as Thaelia and I have indicated, today we would have to use the Staff restaurant, which is much more like a traditional restaurant than what I understand a cafeteria to be like.  Both it and the school's normal cafeteria server a wide variety of healthy options.  And while I am again not the best for comparison, I find the options rather satisfactory."

Will gave a noncommittal shrug at the whole "it's the staff restaurant" conversation. 

"Cafeteria, staff restaurant, point is, it's on-campus, and it's food, and it's good quality. And don't be such a Debbie Downer, Georgia. Not every single public school ever serves the worst food in existence, sheesh. Besides, this is a private school, you know they've got good stuff here. Maybe at least give it a try before getting completely depressed about it?"

He rolled his shoulders a bit, rocking back on his heels for a moment before going flat on his feet again.

"Hey, here's what we do! You gals go rock out in the dorms for a few, get your stuff put away, get your bearings, all that stuff. Meanwhile, I'll go get us a big table with room for everyone here, plus a few if other folks want to join the party."

He gave a slightly embarrassed smile as he stuffed his hands in his pockets and looked at his feet for a moment.

"Plus that way I'll be able to pack away a small course or two before everyone else gets there, and I can split attention between eating and talking instead of needing to just shovel it all in."

Giang might recall having seen Will eating on campus a couple of times. it certainly wasn't something you forgot. Then again, he was a speedster, and they pretty much always seemed to have way higher metabolisms. It's not like the boy was getting chubby!

Thaelia furrowed her brow momentarily as Cho pulled the luggage away.  A sigh of exasperation escaping her lips as she moved about.  The food was adequate enough for her purposes.  Which meant a proper intake and division all the necessary nutrients her body needed.  Which was the only thing she cared about taste being secondary to purpose.

Staring at Will the girl found herself completely lost in his vernacular.  'Rocking out.'  'Debbie Downer.'  The turns of phrases being well outside of cultural familiarity to the Atlantean.  Although she had a colorful employ of the language, expressions especially older ones weren't exactly her norm.  Unless one was including the practice of mangling expressions.  "Yes...we will commence with the rocking of the out."

Afterwards making her way over to her roommate giving a questioning whisper her way.  "Giang, who is this Debbie Downer?  I assume a character in some sort of fictional body of work."

• 2 weeks later...

Cho stretched a bit, glad the conversation was moving away from her. While it wasn't exactly obvious at first, she had her moments of shyness. That and annoying or even pissing off fellow Claremont students felt somewhat poor in taste to her. Carrying her luggage, she went silent again, back to being an oversized shrinking violet. Quiet, she simply kept following the others while admiring (and memorizing) the layout of Claremont Academy, where she'll be spending most of her time at in the coming years.

"And how many public schools have you been in Lingo?"

She kept her hand on her luggage as she looked at him,

"I've been to about five, and it's been pretty bad most of the time."
She smiled as she looked at the rest of them,

"But this place is bigger and fancier than most of the community colleges I've seen around Atlanta, and probably some of the towns outside of it. I bet they got like a super chef chopping up the fruit or something."

When Will made a comment about his eating habits she snorted,

"I've had guy friends before, but with this many of us it'd probably be fair to give them some warning since it's probably a slow day."
As they headed towards the dorms a thought occurred to her,

"By the way, are me and Cho gonna be roommates?"

Edited by Aoiroo

Giang shook her head slightly at Thaelia's whispered question. "I do not know, likely some American cultural reference I am unaware of. I assume it refers to someone that always has a negative outlook that they try to impress on others." The Asian teen whispered back as the four girls started back towards the girls' dormitory after arranging to meet with Will at the Staff restaurant.

At Georgia's question, Giang focused back on her and Cho. "Yes, the two of you will be together in an empty room on the second floor." She replied.

It was a only a short while later that the four had made their way through the gate in the wall that separated the gardens from the other half of the campus and entered into the quad between the dormitories, the administrative building and the staff housing. Giang had pointed out the administrative building and staff housing as she lead them to the Rita Cord dormitory, the slightly smaller dormitory that was right next to the boys' dorms.

It was only a short while later that they had reached Cho and Georgia's room, Giang giving each of them a key.

Cho took the key and pause, worried to see if she'd accidentally break it but nothing hapenned. "Allright, so.." She said to Giang. "What are the rules for the dorm? Anything I should know?" After opening the door, she then turn to her whole new roomate, trying not to look too nervous because it would just add more to her bad initial first impression. Or, at least, she imagined it was bad. "Want to go in first? You can set the place up however you like!"

With that said, Cho grabbed and lifted her luggages, already mentally trying to figure how she's going to fit things, considering she has her roomate to account. Not that the teenager has really THAT much stuff to place around the dormitory room.

"I believe there should a pamphlet with the general dos and do nots of the dorm room.  If not the resident advisors on each floor are quick to assist.  Such as conquering your neighbor's dorm room is a do not.  Despite no such rule being explicitly listed...before.  Now I shall be off to ready myself.  Take care Georgia, I am off to our room Giang."  Thaelia calmly responded before moving to leave the area.  Seemingly content with ending her part of the conversation at the door.  After all she wasn't the student tasked with the tour.  So there was no lapse of responsibility on the Atlantean royal's end in doing so.

At least until they were ready to head for the staff restaurant.

Georgia shrugged and tossed her trunk on one side of the room. It clunked at the sudden return of it's weight and plopped on the floor. She tossed the suitcase on top of the bed,

"Later, besides, just got some posters and stuff. Nothing big or anything. Got an old laptop in my suitcase but otherwise I can't see my stuff invading your space."
She thought about it for a second,

"Okay, except when we start getting closer to laundry day, then some things might be flopping around, but yell and I'll toss them in the hamper before long."
As Thaelia left, Georgia listened to her advise about the do not. She didn't know what to say at first, because it took her a second when the girl left before she turned to Giang,

"Did she seriously try to conquer her neighbors room?"

• 2 weeks later...

Cho raise a finger, surprised and perhaps outright confused at the whole 'conquering your neighbors room' thing. "I...uh...buh.." She basically blurts out, losing words at the absurdity of it all as soon as they try to exit her mouth, her flips just flapping around there blurting out incoherent sounds.

Her brain freezes for a moment and then reboot after a second, as she blink. Better not ask question. "Oookay, nevermind, I'm not going to ask questions." She finally says, just accepting the sheer bizarreness of her situation. "So, cafeteria as soon as we're done? I'm a little worried I'll start eating the furniture if I start to starve." For all they know, she might actually be serious on the matter!

Giang gave Thaelia a small nod as the Atlantean teen indicated she was heading to their room to get ready to head down to the staff restaurant.  "We will see you shortly."  The Asian teen replied.

Looking over at Georgia and Cho as the two teens commented on Thaelia's statements regarding the dorm rules.  "It was not so much trying to as threatening to."  She replied, recalling the particular incident.

"If you two wish to settle in a bit before we head down to the staff restaurant we can certainly do that.  Or we can leave now if you are not in a rush to unpack."  Giang then added to Cho's other questions.

Georgia smiled,

"Well it's not like I haven't threatened worse to my little brother."
Looking at the room she clapped her hands,

"We can go eat now, I think Cho's about to keel over."

Heading towards the door she took out her key and twirled it,

"We'll just lock up here, and you can lead the way to the restuarant."

Edited by Aoiroo

"Yeah, um sorry. Can't control the cravings." She said, almost looking agitated as if she was about to begin chewing on the walls. Which, admittedly, is something she could be easily capable of. Digesting them remain the issue but who knows how exactly her alterered metabolism function. She idly stands there, eagerly waiting for the others to get ready to move on to something else.

Yet again, her stomach growled. "Anyway! Cafeteria time!" shouts out the girl, more than hungry by now.

Giang gave a small nod as Georgia and Cho indicated they were ready to head to the staff restaurant before moving back into the hallway and waiting for the two join her and lock up their room.  As the group started towards the stairs, the Asian teen pointed out the floor's lounge and small study hall.

"There is also a larger lounge in the basement, with a range of entertainment options and seating."  Giang added as they started downstairs.  "Sometime after lunch we need to go down there so I can show you the entrance to the shelter that is located there."