Eve laughed.

"You would be the first," the telepath said. 'Pretty' wasn't a term Eve usually heard with regard to herself; focused, determined, scary, these where things appellations more frequently tossed her way and normally she was fine with that. Eve lightly kissed Becky's neck, luxuriating in the embrace of the taller woman.

"You're spending the night," she said, her tone making it clear it wasn't a question. "In the morning I will cook--proper breakfast mind you, nothing rushed--and then we'll have a chat with your boss. Hopefully she'll have some suggestions for apartment shopping in Ottawa."

Becky's initial reaction was a distracted murmur that dipped and rose in pitch as Eve made herself comfortable against her neck. Eventually she marshaled her thoughts enough to haltingly note, "I'm, um, I'm still a little new at this but I, ah, think the U-Haul thing is supposed to be joke." The idea of someone renting - or outright buying, she realized - an extra apartment just to make it more convenient to spend time with her was a little overwhelming. She wasn't honestly sure if she could say she was worth it and two-year gap withstanding it was all terribly fast but there was something about the Frenchwoman's lack of hesitation that swept things along in its wake.

"You don't have to cook," the Canadian noted suddenly, the off-hand remark escaping before she could stop it. "Er, the meat, anyway, I mean." Coughing slightly, her cheeks reddened.

• 3 weeks later...

The Frenchwoman chuckled at the U-Haul joke. "Just my way of saying that it'd probably be in our best interests to keep her informed," Eve said by way of explanation. She did raise a snow white eyebrow at the meat comment but let it pass without saying anything, merely smiling and kissing her Canadian lover lightly on the lips, though she mentally filed that small facet of information away.

Eventually she separated herself from Becky, slipping out from under their makeshift cover, and gently pulled the taller woman to her feet. "I was serious," Eve said still smiling. "Shower first, then bed."