Throw The Small Ones Back (IC)

Thevshi

OK no one around. He placed the Van back into park and removed the keys. He then felt to he then reached out and began to work creating a thick fog making sure to center it off himself. Then he focused back on himself Attracting water to him.  A thin layer of fluid ice coated his skin. He reached under the seat and pulled from the beneath it a plain gray rain jacket. He put it on zipping it up all the way and then pulled up the hood.

Edited by thomasdm3

Snapping his teeth at the renewed pain, Wave-Eye swung around and faced the strange figure, the Conch at his lips and lungs filling. The giant monster would keep for a little while, the triton decided, while this creature could not be allowed to escape.

A second roar filled the river that carried far past the banks, followed by a whirl of red blades that exploded into a whirling, vicious maelstrom that burst upon his enemy like a wave of crimson, dancing death. Taking the Conch from his mouth, panting from the exertion, Wave-Eye stared in frustrated admiration as his enemy withstood the attack, smashing the last of his blades aside with a sweep of blazing power!

"Well, you are not one to be taken lightly. Thou must be an old campaigner to deal so with mine Red Wave, and your creature sets it at naught. I am outmatched, I deem."

The Aztec fishman grinned, eyes gleaming as brightly black as his teeth shone white "I hath dreamed of this hour!"

Up at the surface of the river, the massive squid like creature continued to tear at the opening in the wall with some of its tentacles, while others reached in through the opening it had created, almost as if it was trying to find something.  Bits of debris crashed down onto the pier and into the water below as the building shook slightly from the efforts.

As the cloud of sediment dropped down lower, Wave-Eye was able to see the figure he was fighting a bit more clearly.  It appeared to be in some sort of blue tinted body armor, the feet of which was designed as fins.  The object it was holding in its hands was not a spear, but a trident like weapon, the two outer prongs the longer, while the center prong was shorter.

It was from that shorter prong that another burst of energy shot forth, once again striking the Triton squarely.  This time, after making the attack, the figure swam over to the area underneath the pier where the squidlike creature was, darting among the pylons supporting the structure. 

Tempest flew off closing the door to the car behind him. He was were a gray rainy coat and his entire body was covered in a thin layer of cloudy ice that hid hid skin He soured around the Building targeting the massive squid that was trying to bring down the building.  He created a long thin spear of ice creating it behind the squid and then sent it flying towards the gargantuan Cephalopod. 

Edited by thomasdm3

Flying through the mist he had created, Tempest was able to quickly clear the loading dock and shoot up into the air to taken in the scene.  Even without his unusual sense that detected the massive disturbance on the surface of the river, it was not hard to spot the source of the disturbance, the massive squid like creature that had smashed a large hole in the wall of the PanStar research building.

Tempest’s icy spear easily hit the massive creature, but shattered at impact, seemingly with little effect, and the squid continued reaching into the hole that it had created. 

This was turning dramatically for the worse, Wave-Eye thought as the flash of heat and swirl of water announced the next blast of pain. It cut through his hard, scaly skin as well as most things seemed to in this new age. 'Would that this were yet the days of forged metal, and I could claim that weapon as my own' the triton thought as the world refocused and he unbent from the coil of agony he'd briefly assumed 'If I give chase though...wait! Why do I not try that? Fool that I am!' his tail lashed as he darted away from the expanding cloud of sediment, black eyes questing for the mysterious beast in blue...and finding nothing.

His needle teeth slammed together with a clash like scraping files "Of course ye have hid." And something very chaotic was going on above, most likely that squid wreaking havoc. The night was definitely going downslope now.

Edited by Arichamus

Up on the pier, Tempest saw some sort of flashes of light or energy streak up at the massive squid from down on the ground, though in the darkness and angle of the buildings, it was hard to see where they originated.  The streaks of energy hit the squid, but appeared to have no more effect than had the ice spear the hero had created. 

Then one of the creature's fifty foot long tentacles whipped out of the building, sending a figure flying into the air, not too far from where Tempest was currently hovering.  The hero caught a glimpse of a man in a suit, as he started to arch back down towards the ground, a fall he was unlikely to survive.

Down below the pier, Wave-Eye swam amid the pylons and falling debris, trying to find the figure he had just been battling, but all the movement and the objects made it hard to pinpoint the man.  Then suddenly another beam of energy lit up the waters, streaking out from behind a wooden beam just to the left of the Triton.  The beam was well aimed, striking Wave-Eye squarely in the side.