Getting Your Shots In

Gizmo

Teagan chuckled, draining the last of the liquor out of her bottle. "What my mother gave me to shake wouldn't fit in the building," she pointed out, tossing the now-empty bottle off to join the rest of the debris. "When they talk about 'shaking your tail', that ain't the kind of tail they're talkin' about. Not that there's anybody around here to really appreciate how great a tail it is," she snorted. "The human body's great and all, and it's mine, and it's got a great tail. For a human. But if there was anyone around who appreciated such things, they'd tell you: I am an awesome dragon."

She paused for a moment, having made her way back over the kicked-out glass and onto the street, trying to re-orient and remember the path they'd taken to get there in the first place. "....right. That way, I think; don't spend much time in this part of the city, but had to break up some stupid drug pusher thing a while ago."

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Aha, then mayhap we shall see further battle yet this night!" Sekhmet exclaimed with happy surprise, turning on her heel to follow after Teagan in the direction the dragon had headed. Hanging back a step, she made a frank assessment of the posterior contained by the redhead's dark jeans, tilting her head enough for her asymmetrical haircut to fall away from the one golden eye it usually covered. "Hrm. Tis of ample proportion and pleasing shape, aye. Muscular constitution, as well," she stated judiciously, giving the feature in question a swift smack as she fell into step. "Not the absolute perfection of a goddess, true, but then I cannot speak to reptilian tastes." The toothy grin she gave Teagan suggested the offhand jibe had been entirely intentional.

"Ha!" Tiamat started a bit at the swat, but laughed, grinning a grin that had entirely too many teeth. "Well, that's alright. After all, it isn't every day a deity admits to their failings - first step is admitting the fault in your tastes, and then we'll work on improving your tastes and get 'em into shape in no time."

She shoved her hands into her new jacket, slowing down for a step or two to get a revenge appraisal. "But hey," she slowly added, in as admonishing a tone as she could manage while still working some whiskey and beer out of her system, "don't be sellin' yourself too short, hmm? Y'aren't limited to mere goddess perfection if you put your mind to it. Y'got the firmness down, looks like, and you might match me for muscle - maybe; give that human body a few more years and you could almost catch up with my most glorious behind. If you work at it."

• 2 weeks later...

Sekhmet bristled reflexively at Teagan's backhanded praise, her better exercised pride responding more quickly than her less developed sense of humour. When it finally did kick in the goddess let her shoulders fall back into a more relaxed posture and gave the dragon a pursed lip look of amusement and concession. "Hrrrawr, twas a time when casting doubt as to the ultimate virtue of my form would mean death. Hathor may be fair of face and supple of bosom," she allowed with a tone that suggested she was repeating compliments she had heard repeatedly from the lips of others, "but the superior buttocks belong to the Lady of Slaughter!" Her volume rose a few notches past what was truly polite even on the largely deserted street before she composed herself with a sniff. "Thy be fortunate I have use for a slightly less attractive companion beside whom to better display my attributes, particularly if I am to be stuck on this plane for 'a few more years'."

• 3 weeks later...

Teagan grinned ear to ear, the veiled threat sliding off her like so much water. "Oh, sure," she jovially agreed, not a trace of insult in her voice. "I mean, that Set kid has to be good for something, right? I'm sure he does as a less attractive companion. Fortunate indeed; if you only had me for less attractive companionship you'd be completely out of luck."

She gave her hips an amused and self-satisfied sway, as if she'd momentarily forgotten she didn't have a dragon's tail anymore, before breaking down laughing. "Bfahahahaha. Haha! C'mon, cat," she offered, still grinning. "Club's off this way...somewhere. You'll like it. They've got this thing called 'bass' - not the fish, two s's. It's a musical boom so loud and deep you can feel it in your bones...."