I’m kind of going out on a limb here, but that’s what superhero powers are all about, right?

Starchaser could extra effort for Boost to improve Glow or Cobalt Templar’s Create Object powers (would that work if Glow is stunting for Create Object?) Or he can just extra effort for Create Object, if that can be used to strengthen the box. Fluff-wise, this could work as an Alternate Power for his Star-Vision, say, projecting its energy in a sustained way for Create Object, or simply transferring it directly to Cobalt Templar or Glow, if using Boost.

Alternatively, if that would be going beyond caps, or be in some other way objectionable, he could always use his speed to get as many people out of there as possible. Not sure how that would work in terms of combat, though, since there’s presumably more people than he could use a standard action to pick up. Unless he’s going to pile them all on a big table and carry that out…

I’m happy with either plan though, although the image of the three of them working to contain the blast in a box is a little more in line with what would happen in a comic, at least in my mind.

Right then, before I go up to play Batman some more.

Free Action: Switch Holy Fire Control to Giant's Strength.

Free Action: Shout at the others!

Standard Action: Use Fires of Creation to create a box of material around Cobalt Templar and Stratos before that blast goes off. It's a Rank 1 CO, but my understanding is that it's an amount of material equivalent to a solid 5ft cube of material, so a hollow box big enough to contain those two (especially if CT is hunching inside the box) is doable. 

So, huzzah! Civilians saved!

But that was pretty intense, and Cobalt Templar's not been in a lot of super-fights since he got back from where he was. So now he's on edge...

Enough to attack!

Free Action: All-Out Attack 5. Defense Bonus is now +2, Attack Bonus is now +12.

Standard Action: Giant Punch to Stratos!

Free Action: Yell at Stratos!

Move Action: Keep CT between Stratos and the civilians. 

Attack Roll: 24.

DC 32 Toughness Save

I'm up!

I'm inclined to have Glow not attack our friendly neighbourhood big-bad this round. Instead she's going to see to the evacuation of any remaining civilians. She can probably do that by keeping her TK array on create object and using it to wall off the section of the bank that has fighting from the section of the bank that has civilians. Is that reasonable?

If she can do that and also have her move action she can use her fast acrobatic bluff feat to feint the bad-guy at the same time, right? She can make that a DC25 sense motive or acrobatics check by taking 10 with skill mastery, and if that wins she could then use set-up to make Stratos flat footed for Starchaser to blast away at.

Well, since Stratos is now more disoriented than anything else, Starchaser will take the opportunity to try to restrain him. Additionally, he is now pulling his punches, having found out that "Zeus" is actually not as invulnerable as he'd thought.

Move Action: Close with Stratos.
Free Action: Reassign PP from Flight 10 to Super Strength 10.
Standard Action: Grapple with Stratos!

Attack Roll: 26.
Opposed Grapple Check: 39.

If that all succeeds, Starchaser will pin him.

• 1 month later...