The Creeping Killer(s) [OOC]

Speed 43 is indeed silly -- Speed 20 is "near the speed of light," so Speed 43 would be something like 10,000,000 time the speed of light!

Covering 0/4 miles/2,100 feet in one round can be done with Speed 5 (get there as a move action), or Speed 4 (two move actions), or Speed 3 (all-out move), if he's going in a straight line (though that's require some Wall Running). Add another rank to those and he can get there in a round following the zig-zagging paths.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just realised that Mongrel Angel ought to still be fatigued since she hasn't really had a chance to rest and recover from it. So I hereby spend a HP to negate that, coming into effect at the start of her actions this round unless the GM allows me to have done so retroactively...

On a related note, realised everyone was probably waiting for everyone else so I just went ahead with a short post.

You'd like to think that... ;)

Mashin Kun -- Full Health -- 1 HP

Mongrel Angel -- Full Health -- 1 HP

Wesley Knight -- Bruise x1 -- 2 HP

Mashin-Kun: 17

Bear: 12

Mongrel Angel: 10

Wesley Knight: 3

Blobs (4): 1; 1 is paralyzed

By "internalized her soulfire," I take it to mean MA's switching from Blast to Enhanced Strength, yes? (Even if not, it rolled poorly enough, and is being treated as a Minion, that it wouldn't have survived.)

Wesley needs to make a DC 20 Toughness save vs. the Blob's acidic aura. (Mongrel Angel does not because of her Impervious Toughness.)

Pookaking, you still around?

So, just to be clear, the bear is doing as much damage as a Blaster Rifle?!

Yup (it's the stats straight from the M&M book). It is 1200 pounds of muscle coming at ya, y'know.

...Someone should inform PETA they can look after themselves. :shock:

Their low defense & toughness, and much lower attack bonus -- and utter lack of ranged attacks -- means that they do have problems of their own. Plus, there's their Weakness to (Dependence upon) picnic baskets... ;)

Okay, I'll roll with it, but please realize this: there is no cage on Earth that could hold a bear that could do +8 damage. A shotgun does +5 or 6 at max! And in order for it to be 1200 lbs, it would have to be a Polar bear, or a rediculously huge Brown bear.

Anyway, you took it from the book, so I shall choose to be annoyed at them, not you. ;)

And Maskin-kun is making a break for the exit. All-out movement.

Okay, I'll roll with it, but please realize this: there is no cage on Earth that could hold a bear that could do +8 damage. A shotgun does +5 or 6 at max! And in order for it to be 1200 lbs, it would have to be a Polar bear, or a rediculously huge Brown bear.

Only Large. And Brown Bears do reach up to 1500 pounds. And are kept in cages (usually cramped small ones that don't allow them to use their full strength). Though this one, technically, isn't, it's in a fenced-off zoo area, like any other zoo's bear den.

And your analogy to a shotgun is a tad flawed, since shooting a cage with a shotgun won't do much to the cage, due to all the wide spaces between the bars ;) Shooting the lock would have a better chance of doing something, but a bear can't/won't target a cage's lock (because it's an animal).

Besides, I had to have something in this adventure that at least had a chance of hurting you. ;)

And your analogy to a shotgun is a tad flawed, since shooting a cage with a shotgun won't do much to the cage, due to all the wide spaces between the bars ;) Shooting the lock would have a better chance of doing something, but a bear can't/won't target a cage's lock (because it's an animal).

Right, but if you had, say, claws, that would be a lot easier to cut through. And since a bear in real life couldn't possibly do so, it's a little hard to understand.

Besides, I had to have something in this adventure that at least had a chance of hurting you. ;)

And I understand that. But it's weird to think of a bear being able to slice through an engine block, don'tcha think? ;) Anyway, I don't have any real problem with it, it's just odd.