The Creeping Killer(s) [OOC]

Yeah I'm here. I just noticed several of the other players have rolled a notice check while looking for a way past the gate. I'm just waiting to see if that resulted in anything, before Vigor goes and attempts something more drastic. Can you detail how exactly the zoo is fenced in? Does the same sort of fence extend around the entire perimeter? What kind of fencing is it (height, material, ect)?

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Notice check isn't just to see if you find a way past the gate ;). Please make one for Vigor now.

The gate y'all are at looks more or less like this:

Mongrel Angel says that the sections of the interior of the park are enclosed either in chainlink fences for weaker critters (like birds), or large metal fences (like from Jurassic Park) for the stronger ones, and their areas are sunk down slightly so people on the tour paths look down on them. The entire zoo perimeter itself is surrounded by a heavy-duty 10-foot-high metal fence, with large metal poles spaced every so often for support.

(I could have sworn I posted here earlier, darn concussion)

Finally back, now what to do. Seeing how the good doctor has provided such a fine reasoning behind Alex's temporary absence I figure it might be worth taking advantage of.

If you don't mind I have rolled a few notice checks just in case they're called for in that capacity. I'll try to get an IC post in as soon as I've got some kind of feedback regarding the checks.

One the first two passes she doesn't notice anything out of the ordinary, but on the third she does: she sees man-sized blobs chasing after zebras. The zebras are all too fast for the blobs, and all get away, but the blobs -- six in all, she realizes -- continue on implacably. She also sees the critters in the areas near the zebras -- the ostriches, ring-tailed lemurs, and kookaburras -- are all freaking out and trying to get away.

This is all going on at the right side of the map. The gate where the party is gathered is on the right side of the map, where it saws "exit & entrance".

Still here, currently trying to type out a half-decent post with a concussion-induced headache getting in the way (flared up around noon today, and I'm out of pain medication...)

I'll do my best to get something up tonight, but at the latest it'll be up tomorrow.

Right, finally got something up. I'm assuming I can manage to get at least two rounds of action before the others catch up, and the blobs don't suddenly display anti-air capabilities.

Oh, and she's just using double move rather than all-out. With a resulting speed of about 1000ft per round, if I recall correctly, she should be fast enough anyway.

I believe there has been a failure of communication here.

...then heads off towards said animals.

Once she reaches them again she'll take a moment to aim properly then proceed to blast whichever one of the blobs is furthest from its prey so as to try and avoid collateral damage in case something goes hideously wrong.

What I meant here was that she turned around and flew back rather than just turned around before firing.

Mongrel Angel flies back to the gate where the other three are right before they dash off into the zoo proper, then turns back to shoots at a blob... to realize it's several acres away.

This is the Hanover Zoo. It's roughly 1/2 mile x 1/2 mile x 3/4 mile x 3/4 mile; it covers approximately 250 acres. You all are near one end, the blobs are near another -- about 0.4 miles/2,100 feet -- apart. At best, Mongrel Angel's blast can reach 600 feet.

You seem to have interpreted it as though she simply turned around and tried to fire from the gate area, a distance so great she shouldn't be able to even see her targets properly, much less reach them with an attack.

Yup, miscommunication -- I read it as she was flying back to the trio, then when she reached them she turned around and shot at the blobs.

However, in one round she can't get into range -- her Flight 3 (50 mph) gives her a movement of about 500 feet/round. She could get into range by moving all-out, but that's a full round action.

However, in one round she can't get into range -- her Flight 3 (50 mph) gives her a movement of about 500 feet/round. She could get into range by moving all-out, but that's a full round action.

I never assumed she'd make it there and get to fire in one round.

Oh, and Sandman, you might want to actually set a rank on that Speed.

I never assumed she'd make it there and get to fire in one round.

It was sounding to me like you did. Didn't you say you were doing three rounds worth of stuff? One round to get from the gate to the blobs, one to get from the blobs back to the gate, one to get from the gate back to the blobs.