• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A question for spectrevk : does this

ARRAY[8] Blast

[a] Teleport

[a] Snare

Mean that she's got 8 points for each power in the array (so Blast 4, Teleport 4, and Snare 4), or that the array has a rank 8 Blast (and thus also Teleport 8 and Snare 8)? (The line "Attack 2 (Melee 2, Ranged 4) [Mystic Bolt 8 (Magic Energy)]" seems to imply the latter.)

Thanks for clearing that up :)

Nightshyft, which direction is Nightshyft approaching the Promenade from? North? Northeast? Where had he been when shadowing his client?

The brief info from the news report indicated that the latest murder (and the two prior) had all taken place in the northwest part of the Promenade, though the murders had been moving steadily southeast.

• 2 weeks later...

Got up a slightly longer post to make up for my lack of activity over the last few days.

So, any information on Spectrevk would be willing to forward on that jury-rigged ritual following my Natural Twenty trying to figure out something about it. Given my abyssmal bonus I'm not expecting much, but something would be nice.

Got a 13, odds are Nightshyft is going to act before me.

Should I wait and then post in whatever order of initiative establishes itself, or should I go ahead and state what I'm going to try to accomplish during my round, which might or might not mesh all that well with whatever stuff the others come up with (which given that we're a bunch of strangers probably isn't particularly weird).

[i would like to use Extra Effort to use her teleportation spell on the monster...since the range is usually Personal, I *think* this means she would have to succeed in a melee touch attack to do this (I'm hoping that the fact that it's grappling him will help as well). Let me know if this isn't possible. She wants to teleport the monster halfway into the ground if possible.]

You could do Teleport 8 (Extra: Attack), for a touch-range attack.

Or Teleport 5 (Extras: Attack, Range/Ranged; PF: Accurate).

Or Teleport 4 (Extras: Attack, Range 2/Perception).

If the attack hits, it'll get a Reflex save (DC 10 + rank) to avoid/resist the effect.

However, if you're teleporting it into the ground, is she just teleporting it to get it away (in which case it'll appear in some non-threatening area), or teleporting it into the ground to disrupt it/fuse it with the earth? If the latter, that would be better done as Blast or Snare.

She already has a blast. I wasn't thinking clearly. Let's just get it to a safe place....What does the "accurate" power feat do for the power in this case? I might want to go for the Teleport 5 route, since she's much better at ranged attacks than melee. If you want to keep the same roll (it was a 7, plus 2 from her melee attack for 9) I'm fine with that.

But I thought extra effort could only get you one extra? That's why I was going with the melee touch attack. If it can do more, then sweet. :)

She already has a blast. I wasn't thinking clearly. Let's just get it to a safe place....What does the "accurate" power feat do for the power in this case? I might want to go for the Teleport 5 route, since she's much better at ranged attacks than melee. If you want to keep the same roll (it was a 7, plus 2 from her melee attack for 9) I'm fine with that.

Accurate would add +2 to the ranged attack roll. So she'd be at +6 to hit with the Teleport 5 attack (thus neatly keeping her within her PL of 6).

But I thought extra effort could only get you one extra? That's why I was going with the melee touch attack. If it can do more, then sweet. :)

Extra Effort does not give you an Extra on a power. It can be used to add any one power feat -- which can include the Alternate Power power feat ;)

Ah, I was thinking of the 1e use of Hero points, my mistake.

The thing about Accurate is, if it's constrained by PL, then she still can't go above 6, because she has a trade-off on attack bonus that caps her at 4 (which is why her blast is at 8, not 6).

In any case, in the interest of fairness, I should keep my original roll of 7, but I'd like to use the alternate power to go with the Teleport 5 you described. If Accurate is affected by PL limits (and I believe it is), then could I replace that with a Homing power feat?

Ah, I was thinking of the 1e use of Hero points, my mistake.

The thing about Accurate is, if it's constrained by PL, then she still can't go above 6, because she has a trade-off on attack bonus that caps her at 4 (which is why her blast is at 8, not 6).

But for that specific attack -- Teleport Attack 5 -- it would fit her PL caps.

In any case, in the interest of fairness, I should keep my original roll of 7, but I'd like to use the alternate power to go with the Teleport 5 you described. If Accurate is affected by PL limits (and I believe it is), then could I replace that with a Homing power feat?

Keeping the roll is fine. And once Nyrath posts what Mongrel Angel's doing *poke poke*, I can get this show on the road ;)