Searching for Vanguard

Supercape

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am now incredibly tempted to take 1 and automatically fail that roll...but I'll let Invisible Castle do that for me: 25. Go to the depths of Hell, Osprey. And stay there.

Initiative roll: 22. Well this isn't going so well...

Surprise Round Standard Action: With the tangle-wires(Snare 6), Power Attack(-3 Attack +3 Damage) on the closest compromised agent: 25. Hits, DC19 Reflex save for them.

Surprise Round Move Action: Using the Grapple Gun to get up into the rafters.

Surprise Round Free Action: Suggest to Catalyst that she use something to restrain the antibodies. If she has something like that, and what are the odds?

Roo, you might not want to do that.  If you're spreading out your Snare area bursts with Autofire (ie having the bursts go off in more than one small area), you need to use the full round action Autofire to spread out the shots.  Otherwise, using a standard action, your Snare attack would only be in the 25' radius, with autofire taking place within that.  I would imagine the guns are far more spread out than one 25' radius area.  Also, the further you spread out the autofire attack, the more penalties you will have to try to Snare the Antibodies (assuming you want to spread out the attack)

Ok so they are a bit "brain dead", not literally, but hey ho...so they cant match that assessment sense motive. The feat is a bit vague on how you compare defence and offence scores (base defence? with dodge bonus? which attack bonus?) so, given its a bit underpar as a feat, and given the antibodies are a bit slow in the head, ill just fudge this and say it outright:

They have an attack and defence bonus of +6!

So, the autofire smare knocks out all the guns in the central part of the Haven. Post away!

which means Osprey is up again!

Ah! Antibodies also affected then...with a crit that is pretty devastating!

1d20+6=15, 1d20+6=13, 1d20+6=15, 1d20+6=19

All snared!

Well, that was quick thanks to Catalyst! :)

the Antibodies have Strength +8 however, and snare toughness is 5 (autofire, shifting and crits add to initial save, not power rank). So they may break free...

Lets move to the end of this round, and if they havent broken, we can just say that Catalyst has effectively disabled them. 

So Osprey is up!

Or is he?! Yes, readers, can any of you prove beyond a doubt that the Avian Avenger is, in fact, up for his actions? Yes? Well darn.

Anyway, Move Action using the Grapple Gun to move up into the rafters and out of range of the Antibodies. Since he's hanging odds are good he won't be as good at dodging stuff.

As for Standard Action, he throws some more snares around an unimpeded Antibody, Power Attack(-3 Attack, +3 Damage): 27. DC19 Reflex save.