The Creeping Killer(s)

Wesley chuckles at the robts tirade on how Godzilla is the best monster movie ever. "Hm, you remember in Son of Godzilla where the spider traps baby Godzilla? Look at it this way, we just took out a bunch of baby Godzillas. Now in those tunnels, we probably are gonna have to take out the momma, er.. daddy, er... blobzilla?"

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Ah, okay. Wait..." Mashin-kun's brow knitted together in thought. "...Does that mean we're fighting Godzilla? Or, no, we're fighting a blob... the size of Godzilla? A giant... poo creature the size of Godzilla? That's horrible!"

His eyes were wide now, a look of terror, mixed with a healthy dose of determination, crossed his face. "We have to stop this terror! This poo-born Godzilla will not stand to stain the good name of the genuine article!" He raised his arm and pointed towards the sky in rather cheesy, yet heartfelt, gesture of heroism.

Wesley grins happily at the robot's resolve, not wanting to give into the cackle that is welling up inside him. Playing into the act, he puts fists on the side of his hips and looks to the sky where the robot is pointing, "Well, Mashin-kun, it is time to save world from imminent danger! Onward!" Clearing his throat, he returns to his regular tone of voice, "So which way?"

"Yeah!" Daisuke said, then started off, directing Wesley to the sewer entrence, mostly by hauling his little metal butt over there on foot. Once he reached the fence, he simply vaulted over it, using his jets to help a little bit in the effort. It wasn't until he got partway there he realized he didn't even know if Wesley could do the same, and stopped to look over his shoulder, checking to see if the man could make it over the fence.

Wesley slowly makes his way up the fence. He sees the robot take off running down the sewer drain. "Great," he sarcastically grunts to himself, "this'll only take an hour or two." When the robot looks back to him he stops climbing, "I know this is gonna sound weird, but can I get a little help please?"

Daisuke grinned, then hustled back. His feet and lower legs were now completely uncovered due to his boost jets, and they made little clanking noises as he made his way back. Once at the fence, he hopped back over, then gently linked his arms around the man's midsection. "All right, I don't have the flying thing down yet, but all I'm going to do is give us a little boost, okay?"

With that, he leapt, his jet igniting at the same time. The acceleration would be jarring, but he kept it under control, landing softly (For him, anyway) on the other side. "There! All done!" he said proudly.

You have entered the door to the north. You are now by yourselves, standing in a dark room. The pungent smell of mildew emanates from the wet dungeon walls...

*ahem*

You have entered the utility tunnel to the northwest. You are now by yourselves, standing in a dark sewer/utility tunnel entrance. The pungent smell of sewage emanates from the wet sewer walls.

Peering down, Knight does not sense anything nearby. Which is itself odd, as there should be at least a few rats... unless, of course, the blob-monsters have eaten them all.

The light of the moon reaches in just enough to let the two of you see that the tunnel goes straight for a bit, then turns left, towards the west. Towards the Promenade. Which would lend credence to the theory that this is ho the blob-monsters are getting around without being seen.

Mashin-kun reached out a hand and felt around for Wesley's hand. He might have been covered in nigh-invulnerable metal, but he was still a kid, and the dark was frightning, even to a kid that grew up on the streets. The dark was opressive, but Daisuke drew courage from the man at his side. At least it wasn't completely dark.

"Well there's nothing alive down there. I can tell you that much," Wesley says with a bit of a confusement. "You wouldn't happen to have," his confused voice turns protectively comforting as the robot grasps his hand, "a flashlight or something on you, would you?" Wesley had thought of Maskin-kun as a regular robot until then. But with that gesture, he finally sees that he's human-like, with human emotions. This kid is gonna get out of here safe, Wesley swears to himself.

Wesley rubs his eyes, "Man, this not sleeping thing is creeping up on me. I totally forgot that I had a flashlight in my pocket." Reaching down into his knee deep pockets, he pull outs a Maglite. "I hear a semi-truck a can run over one of these and it'll still work," he says as he clicks it on, "and you can see the light from a mile away."

"I almost got run over by a semi once," Daisuke commented, perking up a bit now that they had some light to work by. It glittered on his metal shell, bouncing around and seeming to brighten the area even more. "That would have really messed up my vest."

He looked down at his ravaged clothing and frowned. "Of course, jumping off a train, smashing into the pavement, getting clawed by a bear..." He sighed. "Ren is gonna be so mad."

Mashin-kun tugged on Wesley's hand, drawing him deeper into the tunnel. "Come on! We've gotta stop those Godzilla poos!"

The Daring (?) Due continue on, down the dark and dank corridors. All is quiet save for the occasional drip of water, which is somewhat odd since one would expect to hear the odd rat here and there.

Going down the bend in the tunnel, the path goes straight for a bit longer, then comes to a cross intersection. You can keep going straight, or head left or right.

[ Notice checks, please. ]

Knight walks a bit further down the left passage, Mashin-Kun in tow.

Knight's life-sight detects that whatever the thing is, it has suddenly started moving towards them, fairly quickly.

It's a man-sized/Medium Blob-Monster! (So far all the ones you've faced are dog-sized/Small.) It's about 60 feet away now.

"Stay here? But... but I can help!" Daisuke protested as Wesley moved forwards. He didn't want to disobey the man, but he obviously didn't know how powerful Mashin-kun was! Instead of doing anything overt, Daisuke just started to creep forwards, a foot at a time, so he'd be in the perfect position to jump on top of the blob and beat it into submission.