We've Got to Stop Meeting Like This (IC)

Ari

Whilst her invisibility was useful for moving around unseen it could also be used to intimidate an enemy, not that she did it often but she knew how to achieve those results.

She move with some purpose jumping onto the table with a heavy thump, with her deliberately making heavy footfalls as she moves.

“It seems that your allies like yourself don’t fancy a fair fight.â€

With a flourish she drew out Dyrnwyn the sword casting a baleful blue light from the magical fire that licked over it surface.

“It seems you have a taste for killing innocents, something that you’ll have to pay for.â€

She thumbed off the concealment as her cloaked figure stood over the knight staring down at him with the large glowing green lenses.

“Perhaps you’d like to see how you fare against an opponent of equal skill?â€

GM

"Wha-you too?"

For a moment it seemed like the Black Knight's eyes were fixed now on Blodeuwedd...until he reached out and touched the tip of Dyrnwyn. In a low voice he said gently "Thee, White-Hilt? Nigh on a thousand years since our last meeting, and I find you in the hands of this creature?" For a second he did look at Cerys, his gray eyes burning hotter than the fires sending an aroma of scorching metal into the air.

"Fair fights are much overrated, faban. Neither true knights nor true monsters stoop to them, why should I?" Gesturing at the shield behind his chair, the Knight slouched back into it and looked indolently up at the crime-fighting duo "Make your knock on that, and after I'll speak my piece on your spurious charge. Better have some evidence about you."

• 3 weeks later...

Without another word Blodeuwedd stepped down from the table and strolled over to the shield looking totally uncornered with the Knights actions, though she keep an eye out of the corner of his eye. Then with minimal effort she struck the shield with a blow.

“Sometimes you have to give your opponent a chance to show there willing I fight m

opponents how they need to be combated,feel lucky that I gave you a chance to state your case.â€

She flipped Dyrnwyn gripping it by the burning blade and held the handle toward the Knight.

“If you know this blade you know what it can do, care to test your honour and grasp the blade?â€

GM

Even despite how little strength their was behind the impact, the black shield rang like a gong, the deep note echoing into the very bones.

"I accept your challenge. Folly though it be." Getting up with alarming grace for someone encased in steel, the Black Knight took down the angular shield and strapped it onto his right arm "Do not mind, intruder, if I seem ungrateful for your charity. As for White-Hilt..." his left hand flexed, mailed fingers working as her enemy stared at the offered sword with deep hunger "my fingers still burn with his favour. I doubt I can get much honour now, aye? Faerie, not a good place for such uncourtly a thing."

"What it does instill, however, is a sense of propriety. And place." With that, he put on the magnificent belt and scabbard, drew the black sword it held and struck the ground with his steeled foot. The helmet tilted a little "I think a forest glade is best. More space, pretty birds, sweet flowers, good for fighting a girl. Better than this noisome hole...no offense, Edgar!" he added with a wave at the horned man at the bar, who snickered and went back to polishing the dishes.

All at once the world shifted under their feet and the cavern melted away; trees, a grassy meadow carpeted in dazzling flowers blue, green, yellow and purple, a distant stream and grazing horses supplanted it, including the coal-black animal the costumed crimefighters had seen at the cave's entrance. A merry spring sun shone down, and the sweet air was full of the faint twittering of sparrows and wrens as they flitted about the forest canopy nearby.

Making an experimental slash with his heavy longsword, the Black Knight nodded in approval, and without another word dropped into a ready stance, shield out and ready to catch Dyrnwyn, his own sword off to the side and low for a deadly strike. His gray eyes glittered behind the visor.

• 1 month later...

GM

Suddenly, the Black Knight jumped back several feet, spreading his arms and twirling his sword lightly in a humming circle as he called over to Cerys "Come then! Make your mark, princess! I'm sure White-Hilt will carry the day for you!"

Despite the taunt, and the seeming looseness of his limbs and hands, Blodeuwedd saw the tell-tale miniscule signs of somebody tensing up in their core, ready to spring. The black sword was held near the cross-guard and could quickly be brought to bear, and his unmarked shield(that looked more than ever like an overgrown gauntlet) looked ready to be whipped into place at a moment's notice.