Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Thevshi

Lock, Fist and Purr (OOC)

Recommended Posts

So a few rolls looking for da clues...

 

The Mess is going to aid Harry in Searching: 1d20+1=20 which means +3 Bonus

 

Harry is going to do a quick Search - no time to lose given the Police challenge! 1d20+13=29 with +3 is a very respectable 32!

 

In case it is needed

 

Notice Rolls: 1d20+5=17 for Mess, 1d20+13=28 for the Hound (including Scent!)

 

Ill probably take 10 on Gather Information and use well informed feat to get a 22 on that roll and see if he knows anything about the docks or the ship. 

Share this post


Link to post

Believe I covered the Search and Notice checks in my IC post.  As for the Gather Info checks on the ship and the docks:

 

Harry does not really know much about the ship, other than it is flagged in Hong Kong.

 

As for the docks, it is part of Freedom City's active port.  From time to time, there have been rumors of the mob trying to exert its influence there and some shady things happening around the docks.

Share this post


Link to post

The Hound is going to see if he can pick up the scent of that perfume and follow it. Taking 20 if possible, and using tracking supersense. 

Share this post


Link to post

Ok so I guess its time to head back and do some appropriate rolls?

 

Providing we have time, taking 20 for:

 

Freddy to go knocking to see if there is any word on the street about fences or big deals: a 29

 

Harry to Gather Info on any art dealers in town who might be interested. 

 

If only someone had know art / history...

 

Open to other ideas from Tiff

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, I have begun thinking what might be learned from that, but before I post anything, I was going to see if Tiff was going to have Lucy push her point about looking around beyond the immediate area on the ship (the cargo container was not down in the hold, but among the stacks up on the main deck.)

Share this post


Link to post

So I guess Rev gets the translation and meanwhile Harry gets to use Investigate skill on the clue?

 

Core rules dont seem to say if you can take 20 on Investigating but I presume you can in which case its a 31 result - enough to get a result even if extremely disturbed and long duration scene!

Share this post


Link to post

I am a little stumped - Tiff?

 

We could go for a generic hit the streets and ask questions about a fence for the artifact, or a superstrong heroine (or hero) making noises?

Share this post


Link to post

One of dress as a Foo Dog and wait for some to steal us?Well it worked for Scooby Doo :D.

I'd think they could ask around the Police to see if they anything similar on record, or Lucy could ask her magical friends if you could find out anything?

Share this post


Link to post

Well, Harry can turn into a dog! (and certainly has the cowardly act down pat as well :)).

 

Anyway, those are all likely good ideas, just know what you want to pursue first (or if splitting up, who will go where). 

Share this post


Link to post

I think Lucy should take Harry out for a walk (as a Dog) because that would be quite funny, and potentially Harry could track down some juicy smells!

 

I think we should avoid splitting, but the image of Lucy taking out a Dog for a walk has stuck in my head...

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe the next thread for the Bloodhound Detective Agency needs to involve a dog show?  ;)

Share this post


Link to post

I love that idea for the next thread! (tiff?)

 

I tell you what, this sounds like a good place to burn an HP for "Inspiration". I hope it is reasonable for the Mess to burn his HP but narrate it as coming from the Hound (it makes no difference mechanically, and would just make plain more sense for the Hound to have a flash of insight). 

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not sure the people who go to those things can be quite viscous :).

 

Exactly why I want the next thread to be at a dog show Tiff!

 

Anyway, sorry for the delay SC, was thinking on things.  (Mess can certainly spend his HP on Hound, I believe the house rules specifically allow that for spending HP on sidekicks).

 

But did you really want to use the HP now?  There have been a number of ideas batted about, just need to pick one (such as hitting the street to talk with contacts, etc).  Tiff has had a few ideas as well, though I think the last one is a bit problematic (I assume you're talking about Rene Tiff?)

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah Rene would be Lucy's first choice. So that would depend on whether SC, and your good self, were cool with him have a little cameo.

Share this post


Link to post

Im ok with having Rev talk to Rene as a cameo, sure!

 

Id prefer to avoid playing Mess/Hound plus Rene at the same moment if thats ok! ;p

Share this post


Link to post

Id suggest Hound/Mess run that list of supervillians, as Hound was in the FCPD...if you need an HP or roll for that, let me know THev. 

 

Happy to do a short cameo for Lucy if you want a cut scene to that for a bit. 

Share this post


Link to post

So Thev I guess this will boil down to some Ritual for Rene (using the Ritual feat), I was thinking this would be painting the owner of the hairs face? But it could be whatever you think best. 

 

I suppose it is best considered as a Postcognition power. So either that could be part of his base power (which is uncontrolled) or we could use it as a Ritual. Whatever you think best! :)

Share this post


Link to post

Hmm, I was thinking that the painting would be of a location (as I mentioned in chat a few days ago), to lead you all along (once the location gets identified, which could be done by Lance).

Share this post


Link to post
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...