Lock, Fist and Purr (OOC)

Thevshi

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So a few rolls looking for da clues...

The Mess is going to aid Harry in Searching: 1d20+1=20 which means +3 Bonus

Harry is going to do a quick Search - no time to lose given the Police challenge! 1d20+13=29 with +3 is a very respectable 32!

In case it is needed

Notice Rolls: 1d20+5=17 for Mess, 1d20+13=28 for the Hound (including Scent!)

Ill probably take 10 on Gather Information and use well informed feat to get a 22 on that roll and see if he knows anything about the docks or the ship. 

Believe I covered the Search and Notice checks in my IC post.  As for the Gather Info checks on the ship and the docks:

Harry does not really know much about the ship, other than it is flagged in Hong Kong.

As for the docks, it is part of Freedom City's active port.  From time to time, there have been rumors of the mob trying to exert its influence there and some shady things happening around the docks.

Ok so I guess its time to head back and do some appropriate rolls?

Providing we have time, taking 20 for:

Freddy to go knocking to see if there is any word on the street about fences or big deals: a 29

Harry to Gather Info on any art dealers in town who might be interested. 

If only someone had know art / history...

Open to other ideas from Tiff

Okay, I have begun thinking what might be learned from that, but before I post anything, I was going to see if Tiff was going to have Lucy push her point about looking around beyond the immediate area on the ship (the cargo container was not down in the hold, but among the stacks up on the main deck.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I guess Rev gets the translation and meanwhile Harry gets to use Investigate skill on the clue?

Core rules dont seem to say if you can take 20 on Investigating but I presume you can in which case its a 31 result - enough to get a result even if extremely disturbed and long duration scene!

• 2 weeks later...

I love that idea for the next thread! (tiff?)

I tell you what, this sounds like a good place to burn an HP for "Inspiration". I hope it is reasonable for the Mess to burn his HP but narrate it as coming from the Hound (it makes no difference mechanically, and would just make plain more sense for the Hound to have a flash of insight). 

I'm not sure the people who go to those things can be quite viscous :).

Exactly why I want the next thread to be at a dog show Tiff!

Anyway, sorry for the delay SC, was thinking on things.  (Mess can certainly spend his HP on Hound, I believe the house rules specifically allow that for spending HP on sidekicks).

But did you really want to use the HP now?  There have been a number of ideas batted about, just need to pick one (such as hitting the street to talk with contacts, etc).  Tiff has had a few ideas as well, though I think the last one is a bit problematic (I assume you're talking about Rene Tiff?)

• 2 weeks later...

So Thev I guess this will boil down to some Ritual for Rene (using the Ritual feat), I was thinking this would be painting the owner of the hairs face? But it could be whatever you think best. 

I suppose it is best considered as a Postcognition power. So either that could be part of his base power (which is uncontrolled) or we could use it as a Ritual. Whatever you think best! :)