Lock, Fist and Purr (IC)

Thevshi

"What? What happened? I can't see nuthin!" complained the Mess, swinging his fists uselessly left and right. 

For a moment, he stopped swinging. 

It happened, in street fights, sometimes, blood or grit in your eyes. you couldn't see anything, but you just fought on, on instinct. Sensing your opponent through your guts and your hearing. Just gotta stop. 

Slow down a second. 

Listen. 

The faint noises, the shuffling and scraping of feat. 

Then, reach out, blindly but not wildly. Reaching out with purpose. And that purpose was lefty grabbing out, and righty balling up, knuckles cracking, and pulling back...to sock it to the darkness...

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freddy feels his fist connect with what he guessed was Machinefist.  The deep male grunt of pain confirmed the identity of the target, though Freddy could sense the gauntlet wearing biker was still up on his feet. 

Up on the rooftop, Catseye gave Revenant another small smile.  "Well, I can't say it's been fun."  She quipped, before leaping off the roof.  The cat woman landed nimbly on the ground near the warehouse, and then began running off down the street, quickly covering more distance than Lucy could cover in that amount of time.

Inside the warehouse, the darkness began to dissipate in tendrils of shadow.  The two thugs with the clubs took a moment to reorient themselves, before focusing back on Freddy.

• 2 weeks later...

As much as Lucy wasn’t to try and stop this villain from escaping her common sense told her that right now it would be best to let her get away. Especially as Fred was left in the dark with a bunch of enemies around him.

Still she couldn't resist on finally chance to attempt to stop the woman, picking up a suitably sized stone she cast it as accurately as she could at the woman, with enough force to stun her if it did connect.

Unfortunately she could waste an more time to see if the rock hit as she jumped back into the darkened warehouse.

With no rocks present up on the roof of the old warehouse, Lucy made do by breaking off a chunk of concrete from the roof and throwing that after the fleeing cat girl. Though the undead attorney did not wait to see the results of her makeshift attack, her aim proved to be true, as the chunk of concrete arched through the air, coming down perfectly to strike Catesye in the back as she sped down the street.

The impact knocked Catseye off her feet, sending her flying forward off her feet as she felt a jolt of pain up her spine. But the cat girl managed to flip back over, landing on her feet as she skidded to a halt, glancing back over her shoulder to insure that no one was still after her.

Lucy meanwhile, had jumped back down into the warehouse, only to find that the darkness was fading away. The statue was still where it had set before, as were all the unconscious robe men.

Machinefist shook off the latest hit from Freddy, as he ran forward toward the pugilist once more, swinging the double bladed sword that had formed from one of the large gauntlets on his hand. But once again Freddy was able to duck underneath the swing, avoiding the attack as he bobbed back up, ready to strike again.

the Mess was taking a few steps back with every swing Machine Fist through at him. The guy was strong, strong enough to take his head off, he reckoned. But not fast. Not fast enough, anyway. 

Another step back, as Machine fists blade swiped inches from him. 

"Hey, ya bozo, careful with that, ya might hurt somebody!" he grunted. That kind of weapon was, in his book, not a fair fight. If he wasn't keeping that mystic asleep, he might have redirected his blood powers to Machine fist...see how fast the guy would be with his red blood cells crawling to a stop. 

He ducked under a blow and came up with an uppercut, but too slow. 

Machinefist dodged back from the uppercut that Freddy aimed at him. Moving back a few steps as he tried to refocus himself. "You are a tough one." He commented with a small grin. "I guess we will see just how tough."

Outside, Catseye had satisfied herself that there was no other pursuit from the heroes that had appeared to disrupt the exchange of the stolen statue. Turning back away, she ran off once more, rounding a corner and disappearing out of sight.

Back in the warehouse, the two club wielding thugs had closed with Freddy once more, each swinging their weapons at him. Freddy brought up his left arm to catch the first, the club hitting with a *THWACK*, but causing little more than a bit of sting to the tough fighter. But as he focused on that club, the second hit him on the right side of the head, causing spots to flash in front of his eyes as he staggered forward slightly, dazed by the hit.

• 2 weeks later...

Twisting in the air Lucy had some control in where she would land on her fall, sometime it felt that it wouldn’t take much to be able to fly. Though it wasn’t part of her heritage that she planned to explore in the near future. With her eyes piercing the rapidly clearing darkness she could see the foe that Fred was currently fighting against.

So she slammed into Machine Fist as she landed driving a shoulder into the back into the man.

“Looks like you the only one left, care to surrender right now?â€

Lucy’s shoulder tackle sent Machinefist flying, slamming into a nearby column where he collapsed onto the ground, dazed and about half unconscious. There were still the two remaining thugs with clubs, one of whom had just knocked Freddy for a loop. But when they saw the return of the woman they had been completely unable to harm earlier, the pair both just dropped their clubs, which clattered on the concrete floor, as they raised up their hands.

"We give up!" They both exclaimed, clearly not wanting to continue the fight.

Machinefist rolled over onto his back, looking up and over at Lucy and Freddy. "I coulda taken on one of you." He exclaimed, as the sword that had formed from one of his gauntlets somehow retracted back into the oversized device, as metal fingers reappeared and he raised his hands up in surrender as well.

"Yeah, yeah, ya bozo!" retorted the Mess, his musculature slowly shrinking down to 'normal' (or at least normal for him) size, as his super blood fizzed down. 

"Thats what all da guys say when they get clobbered. I could have been a contenda, if...I could have beaten him..if....I heard it all before, ya bootlicka, and maybe one day I'll hear it from ya again, when I beat ya down on my own. Or maybe you think that bruising my knuckles with ya face counts as a win?" he chuckled, elbowing Lucy. 

"What I wants ta know is, whats da big deal about this statue anyway? 'part from being old and all dat stuff..."

The two thugs still had their hands in the air as Freddy and Lucy got them together with Machinefist, just remaining silent at Freddy's response to Machinefist. When the pugilist private detective asked about the statute, the two men just shrugged their shoulders.

Machinefist did not have much more information to provide. "Beats me." He stated, as he slowly climbed back to his feet. "I was just the deliveryman in all of this. But for some reason those guys were sure interested in paying to get it.  If they said anything about why they wanted it, it was not to me." He added, nodding his head toward the unconscious men in robes.

The Mess scratched his head, trying to make sense of the web of intrigue. He was not successful. 

He took a few steps, and pulled out a steel girder from the warehouse. His blood was pumping less hard, but he was still engorged. Without his full strength, he had to grit his teeth for the feat, the veins pumping in his biceps until they were about to burst. 

"Well I guess we should ask your mister mystic then!" he concluded, before marching up to the robed man and bending the Steel Girder around him like a clasp. 

"I reckon you could get out of this huh?" he asked Machine Fist. "But not this here guy. He ain't got no sweat" he said, congratulating himself as he bent the last piece of steel into shape. 

"Hey, partner, I got some bozo here for questoining!" he yelled down his phone to the Hound. 

• 1 month later...

Lucy checked around to make sure that everyone was out, she then moved over to check the crate that contained the artifact.

“Remember that this is a guardian creature, I suspect that they planned to animate it in some way. They must have wanted it to find something for them.â€

She checked around the crate for any possible damage to it or maybe even the statue.

“I think we should get this back to it owner before something unpleasant happens.â€