Lock, Fist and Purr (IC)

Thevshi

Gently putting down the car Lucy was a little preoccupied and so didn’t consider the impetus of her detective colleague.

“I think we should scout out the area before we go inside, just in case he has allies.†realization slowly dawned on her “Hang about this is Fred I’m talking  to...â€

Looking round she spotted where Fred had go to and launched herself up over the fence to catch up with him with a single leap.

“Do you know the value of caution?â€

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Caution can kiss my sweet behind" laughed the Mess heartily. And loudly. If Stealth had been on the menu, the Mess would have made a...well, a mess of it. 

"What wuz ya saying anyway?" he said, stopping to scratch his ear and contemplate the situation. He wasn't none to good at contemplating. 

"I ain't so good at Contemplatating" he said, sticking his jaw out defiantly. "I ain't stoopid, though. If you gots a plan, I'll hear it" he said, impatiently cracking the knuckles of his left hand and his right hand. And then his left hand again. 

"I reckon you and me, we go bargin' in, and kick some ass, and bang some heads! If that ain't a plan, I dunno what is! See, I got some brains!" he said, thwacking the side of his head in anticipation. 

Now that they were closer to the building, the pair could see that the building looked rather sealed up.  Several of the front windows were half broken out, but there were metal grating fixed over them.  The main door was shut as well, with a metal link door added over it as well.  But through the grating and broken windows, they could make out a faint bit of light from somewhere deeper in the building.

Of course, it was possible that some side or back entrance was more accessible, and there was a chance it could have a skylight or two that were not so firmly locked down.

The Mess paused for a moment, scratching his tufted hair on his square face. 

"You reckon we should, like not use the front door? I mean, I can tear it off pretty quick..." he said, pondering the previously inconceivable. 

He hopped from foot to foot whilst his muscles swelled, pouring his supercharged blood into vein and artery, once again fizzing with the buzz of power. 

"Maybe we could smash in through the roof!" he said, putting finger to his temple. "Yeah, that sounds pretty awesome, like in the Movies!"

A thought ploughed its way through his cranium. 

"Or maybe we can even see whats going on from the roof!" he suggested. Perhaps all the acrobatics with Strand had made him think a little more three dimensionally. 

With that, he leapt into the air and onto the roof of the building, looking for any windows, hatches, or even chimneys...

Freddy's leap easily carried him up onto the rooftop of the warehouse, where he found a couple of skylights, including one where he could see the light from within.  Lucy quickly followed after, and the pair moved over toward the skylight to look down inside.

Inside was the main section of the warehouse, poorly lit and with a few piles of old looking boxes along the sides in the shadows.  Almost directly beneath the skylight, it appeared as if Strand's employer and the parties interested in the statue were meeting.

On one side were three men that were unloading the statute from the back of a van.  One was just as Strand had described, a guy dressed in a black leather vest, white T-shirt and jeans, a typical biker, save for the oversized metal gauntlets he wore over his hands and forearms.  With him were two tough looking guys in black.

On the opposite side were three rather more unusual men.  All three were dressed in dark blue and purple robes with black hooded cloaks.  Lucy also noted that back in the shadows, sitting on an old crate was a woman in dark clothes who almost blended into the shadows, her bright, cat-like eyes peering over at the exchange.

"So here is ya'h statue.'  Stated the biker with the metal gauntlets as he and the other two men set it down on the ground.

But one of the men in robes held up a hand to cut him off, as both he and another of the robed men glanced up at the skylight.  "It appears we have unexpected visitors."

"Metal hands? That dude must be the Machine Fist dude the hairy dame was talking about!" said the Mess, his eyes widening in surprise, thought, and then narrowing to the tune of his grin, as he contemplated the pugilism that was to begin. 

"Lets go!" he said, excitedly, leaping straight down to the consortium of smugglers and dealers, right to the foot of Machine Fist. 

"Say hello to my best pals, sucker! Lefty!" he introduced his left fist, "And Righty!" he introduced his right fist. 

"They gonna be best chums with your ass!" he roared, swinging both of them at the Machine handed man. 

Freddy's meaty fists connect solidly with the side of Machinefist's jaw, sending the man flying backward a good ten feet to land in a heap of the hard concrete floor. 

One of the robe men is the first to react to the stocky detective's appearance, taking a step forward as his hands came up.  "You shall not stop us interloper."  He stated, before he spoke words in a language Freddy could not understand as one hand extended forward and a bolt of green energy shot forth at the pugilist, who was easily able to duck under the blast.

Back in the shadows, the cat woman slipped off the crate she was on and moved deeper into the shadows, disappearing completely from Lucy's sight.

The two men with Machinefist watched as he was slammed to the ground by Freddy and both picked up clubs and rushed toward him.  Freddy easily blocked the first attack, but the second connected with his left side, but his thick, muscular torso easily absorbed the hit.

One of the other robed men circled around to one side, waiting for an opening against Freddy as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Lucy didn’t have long to assess everything before Bloody Mess did his normal thing when face with a scrap, it was as charming as it was frustrating. She followed him down but was a little more controlled in her fall she dropped next to the van leaving a crater in the warehouses concret. A fall like that would break most peoples legs on impact, and it did to Revenant but as she stood her bones were already knitting back together.

Grabbing hold of the van she hefted it above her head, making sure the statue wouldn’t be damaged as she did.  She smiled at the surprised men who had a minute ago been standing behind the van.

“Please don’t do anything stupid. I will point out I’m currently holding you van.†she gave them a confident smile.

Lucy easily lifts up the van, but the statue had already been unloaded and was a short distance away.

Back by the pile of crates he had slammed into, Machinefist was pushing himself up slight, but otherwise was still too dazed from Freddie’s attack to do anything else.

On the opposite side of the warehouse, the last man in the dark blue and purple robes was watching the battle that was unfolding. Rising up his hands, he began making intricate gestures and chanting in some unknown language. His hands glowed with dark green mystical energy, then just in front of him, a dark shadowy figure seemed to rise up out of the ground, hovering in the air as it let out a piercing wail, white eyes focusing on the two heroes.

"Man, that looks bad" said the Mess, catching sight of the summoned shade. 

"I don't like that at all"

He swung around to look at the mystic and the summoned horror, getting a fear in his spine. He smacked his fists together and shivered, throwing the chill off for another day. 

Fists and Machines I can handle. That guy looks somethin' else...he said to himself, his lips silently moving as his brain moved forward.

"Looks like another job for Lefty and Righty!" he shouted, bouncing forward, each stride propelling him a few dozen feet, his legs pumped up to super human power. 

He curled his right fist into the man, worried that the mystic might have some shady power or spell. The guy looked like his jaw was more glass than Iron, unlike the machine man he had just struck. Still, looking like a glass jaw and being one...well...they could be to different things...

As Bloody Mess quickly closed with the leader of the robed men, one of the others men in robes shifted his focus toward Lucy for the moment, before he again chanted in some unknown language and sent a blot of green mystical energy at the undead lawyer.  The last struck her squarely, but Lucy was able to take the hit without any ill effects.

Then, out of the shadows, the cat-like female leapt back into view, slashing her claws across Freddy's back as she went past and landed a short distance beyond.  Just as Freddy felt the claws beginning to rake across his back, he instinctively flinched away from the sensation, causing them to cut far less deep than they otherwise could have.  Glancing back over her shoulder at the short pugilist as she landed in a low crouch, the cat-woman seemed to almost purr as she said, "well, this job just got much more interesting."

Nearby, one of the thugs that had helped unload the statue from the van now above Lucy's head considered the undead lawyer for a moment, before he turned and continued after Freddy.  Catching up with the stocky private investigator, the man swung his club at Freddy, but the skilled fighter easy dodged the attack.

The third robed figure in the warehouse also sent a bolt of mystical energy at Lucy, but the blast flew just wide, hitting a crate beyond her and blasting a hole in the side.

The other thug followed after Freddy as well, but he easily blocked a clumsy club attack.

The semi-translucent shadow creature that had been called up by the leader of the robed men focused its white eyes on Lucy.  It then glided forward slightly as it brought up one hand and sent a blast of shadow energy at the undead lawyer.   But Lucy was able to side step the attack, taking the van with her as she went.

• 2 weeks later...

Lucy flipped the truck so she was holding the hood of the vehicle and after a few seconds rebalancing herself she began to swing the vehicle around like a very unwieldy club.

“I’m sorry to do this, but you really should have surrendered when you have the chance.â€

She concentrated on the apparent cultist around her, but she tried her best to keep an eye on what trouble Fred was getting himself into, and the statue they had been sent to recover. Though it seemed that she had to do everything in the agency even she would struggle to keep track of everything going on here right now.

Stepping toward the nearest acolyte, Lucy swung the van as a club, managing to hit the robed man squarely and knock him completely off his feet. The impact sent the man flying backward a good fifteen feet, where he smashed into a pile of empty crates, breaking several and sending the others crashing down around him. The man slumped into the pile of debris, unconscious.

Over near Freddy, the leader of the robed men stepped backward, a glowing forcefield around him having taken the brunt of the stocky pugilist's attack. The man's hands continued to glow with dark green mystical energy as he continued to chant. Once again, a dark shadowy figure rose up from the ground in front of him, letting out another piercing wail as it focused its white eyes on Freddy.

"Ouch! Ouch! Gedoffme!" shrugged the Mess, his back scratched and bleeding, being battered left right and everywhere. Just because his body was built like a pile of bricks didn't mean it didn't smart. Still he was used to a beating. He could take it. 

On the other hand...

"Oh man, this is voodoo!" he gulped, as the Robed figure summoned up another horror. 

"And bad Voodoo!" he added, a slight shudder rippling across his wide shoulders. 

Against a fighter, like that Catwoman, he would have come at him with fists. That didn't seem to work, and the guy was summoning an army of spectres his fists would not fight. So, time to pull out the stops. 

Frowning with concentration, he started to thin the Guys blood. Forcing the red blood cells to slow and deoxygenate. Not stop them working completely, but make him fight for breath, and sap him of energy. 

The robed figure before Freddy seemed to stiffen slightly as the pugilist detective reached out and began thinning out the man's red blood cells.  He then dropped down onto his knees, clearly struggling to remain conscious, before falling over to the ground, out cold.  The two shades that he had summoned each let out a brief howl, and then faded away as if they had never been there.

"That's not good."  Commented the cat-woman, as she once again slashed Freddy with her claws.  As before, the skilled fighter managed to flinch away from the biting claws, meaning they barely even broke the skin.

The two thugs that had followed after Freddy both landed hits with their clubs, but the tough fighter just took them with little sign that he had even been hit.

The remaining man in robes sent another mystical blast at Lucy, but once again missed the undead attorney.

“I’ll be with you in a second Fred, just try not to get into to much trouble whilst I finished up here.†she wasn’t overly worried about Fred he could more than look after himself. Well as long as he didn’t bite off more than he could chew, which he did tend to do so quite often.

She stepped closed to the second of the robed figures and gave him a broad, and hopefully unsettling, smile before attempting to strike the man.

Lucy stepped up and swung the van once more at the last of the robed figures on their feet.  The man tried to dodge the seemingly unwieldy club, but Lucy's strength made moving the heavy makeshift weapon easier than it would seem.  The van slammed into the man, sending him flying backward to slam into a column that helped support the roof, and he crumpled to the ground unconscious. 

Machinefist was back on his feet, and focused his attention on Lucy as she cleared out the last of the robed figures.  "That is one tough broad!"  He commented, one of his large metal hands transforming slightly to resemble a wide barrel of some sort of gun.  He leveled the hand towards Lucy, and fired off an blast of yellow energy at the undead lawyer.  But his head was still not completely clear from the hit Mess had delivered earlier, and the blast went well wide of Lucy, blasting a hole in the side of the warehouse.

"Ya is one annoying lady" said the Mess, spinning around to meet the feline femme once again. 

His back stung from her stings, and he could feel his super blood fizzing around the wound. He raised his fist for a piledriver, then stopped, lowering it. 

"Ah..ah don't hit no dames, see..." he said, to himself as much as anyone else. "My Pa told me dat"

Still he was battered and bruised and bleeding. And his fires were up. 

"Still, nuthin' ta say I can't throw ya!" he decided, grabbing the Cat woman by her wrists with a burst of inspiration and speed. He rotated, spun, and like a shot putter, hurled her away, straight into the head of Machine fist...

The cat woman flew through the air, trying to twist and turn, but was unable to prevent herself from slamming into Machinefist.  The superpowered thug had seen the makeshift missile coming, but had been unable to move aside, instead, he braced himself for the impact, and seemed relatively unhurt by it. 

Catseye meanwhile let out a small grunt of pain, but still flipped over to land on her feet beside Machinefist.  She then sprinted back toward Freddy, lashing out with one of her claws again.  "Well, you sure have a funny way of interpreting your pa's rules." 

With his attention fully on her this time, Freddy was able to duck underneath the attack, as Catseye's momentum carried her past him.  She leapt up onto a stack of nearby crates, flipping around to face the stocky pugilist.

Meanwhile, the two thugs that had accompanied Machinefist continued to try to wail away at Freddy with their clubs.  Freddy managed to block one of them with a forearm, but the other got in under his defenses, landing a blow onto his side, but Freddy took the hit with little more than a grunt.

• 2 weeks later...

Lucy strode across the warehouse towards her partner the van held above her as if it weighed nothing.   Lucky his opponents were focused on  him that paid her no heed. Well at least until she bought the van down on MachineFist.

“Sorry I took so long, I got tied up with a few trivialities.†she gave Fred one of her broad smiles.

She was hoping that her casual devil may care attitude would put off some of the less dedicated  of those fighting.

With the weight of the van hardly slowing her down, Lucy easily strode across the warehouse floor and over next to Machinefist. The biker with the large metal hands had a look of shock on his face as the undead attorney swung the vehicle he had not that long ago been riding in at him. But even with the surprise at how easily she wielded the vehicle like a baseball bat, Machinefist just managed to roll as she clipped him with the van. He let out a grunt of pain, but was then back up on his feet.

The large metal gauntlet over his left hand then whirred and clicked, as the metal fingers pulled inside the housing, and two long, yellow blades extended outward from the gauntlet, providing Machinefist with a razor-sharp double edged sword. He then lunged forward, slicing the weapon at Lucy with a wild yell. The wicked looking blade made contact with the undead attorney, but her skin proved far more durable than it appeared, the blade glancing off without breaking through of otherwise appearing to harm her.

Freddy shook his head left and right, as Catseye bounced around the warehouse and the thugs assailing him circled him. The stiffs battering him he could handle in a heartbeat - but he was more worried about that dancing Cat woman and Machine Fist. 

"Yeah yeah...my Daddy taught me real good, lady. Just that I didn't learned so good!" he grinned, smacking the side of his head with one mace like fist. 

With a hop, skip, and run, he charged into Machine Fist, swinging widely...

Freddy closed rapidly with Machinefist, swinging one of his meaty fists at the supercriminal. But Machinefist was an experienced brawler, and saw the attack coming and was able to sidestep just in time and avoid it all together.

Back where Freddy had just been, the cat woman stopped, regarding the scene for a brief moment before looking back at the remaining combatants. "Well, this is starting to look like a lost cause." She stated with a slight frown. "Sorry Machinefist, but I am cancelling our contract for the statue, given the interference of these heroes."

With that, she brought up her hands and began tracing symbols in the air as she spoke a few words in some unusual language. Suddenly, a darkness fell over the entire room, preventing anyone from being able to see their hand in front of their face. The two thugs with the clubs that had been attacking Freddy both called out in surprise. "Hey, what happened to the lights?"

Revenants eyes, as black as the darkness itself, could see perfectly in this sudden darkness as good as the daylight. Whilst she could be thought of something of a bruiser at times she had also managed to learn much about the supernatural in the years since her awakening. One thing that she had learnt was that most things didn’t tend to last once the caster was unconscious.

So unceremoniously dropping the van where she stood, filling the warehouse with a large boom and probably ruining the suspension, incase she needed her full speed againsts the fleeing woman. She then made her way as quickly as she could to this cat woman to punch her  and hopefully dispel the darkness.

“Leaving so soon? We’ve only just met.â€

Given her ability to see through the darkness summoned by the cat woman, Lucy had seen her leap up through the hole in the skylight Freddy had made during his entrance.  It was a simple matter for her to leap up after the cat woman however, and Lucy landed right next to her, delivering a solid hit.  But the tough the cat woman gave a small grunt in pain, she flipped over back onto her feet and was still very much in the fight. 

"Sadly yes.  That statue is not worth all this, so you can keep the ugly little thing."  The cat woman replied back to Lucy as she took a couple of steps back from the undead woman.