Players Name: Masque

Power Level: 10

Characters Name: Slyvia Rockfell

Alternate Identity: Blue Diamond

Height: 5' 11"

Weight: 675 lbs.

Hair: Gold

Eyes: Silver

Description: Wearing a simple sun dress, Blue Diamond is easily the most expensive looking super. Her shoulder length gold hair tucked in a pony tail, hangs down over her translucent blue tinted body. Looking like a living statue, she stares at the world through shiny silver eyes. When her light control is active, a blue glow surrounds her a gift from the plasma energy and laser light she absorbed during her transformation.

History: Sylvia Rockfell had the distinction of being a nerd. She spent long hours in a lab coat with safety glasses resting across her nose. Wanting nothing more than to benefit society and having an amazing mind, she went in to the theoretical field of cold fusion. In spite of being an introvert, she had managed to become engaged to the perfect man. Bennett was a kind and understanding man who realized how important her work was to her. Through late work hours, missed dates and general grumpiness he stuck by her. The previous night he had proposed.

The diamond sparkled as she focused the laser. Powering up the laser and putting the sample in it's focus, she got her instruments to measure the output. Adjusting the safety glasses on her nose, she powered up the laser. A stream of energized light shot through the air. Sylvia checked her reading and was amazed at the read out, when the unthinkable happened. A localized quake hit the lab.

She stumbled as the ground raised and fell in waves. She collided with the field of energy as her diamond engagement ring was struck by the beam scattering the beam. The projected rays ignited the lab in a blaze that caught quickly. A transformed Sylvia burst out from the inferno. Her charred clothing clinging to her she ran out into the night.

Finally she calmed down and realized she needed help. Reaching a pay phone she dialed the only person to stand by her these last few years. Asking Ben to meet her at her apartment, she rushed to meet him. When Bennett arrived she opened the door. Lookig at what she had become, the man would had stood by her all those years, back away. Knowing now that her former life was as gone as the engament ring that helped cause her transformatation she left town and her work behind her to start a new life elsewhere...

Stats: 20 pp

Str: 10/18/30 (+10) +8 enhanced strength included +12 from density (0pp)

Dex: 12 (+1) (base cost 2pp)

Con: 14/18 (+4) +4 enhanced constiution included (base cost 4pp)

Int: 18 (+4) (base cost 8pp)

Wis: 12 (+1) (base cost 2pp)

Cha: 14 (+2) (base cost 4pp)

Combat: 32 pp

Attack: +8 +8 melee +8 ranged (16pp)

+8 unarmed

+8 dazzle

+8 bolo Ref/Fort Snare 4

Defense: 8 dodge 4 flat-footed 4 (16pp)

Initiative: +1

Grapple: +28

Saves: 17 pp

Toughness: 9/3 impervious from alternative form included (0 pp)

Fortitude: 8 (4pp) +4 from con

Reflex: 7 (6pp) +1 from dex

Will: 8 (7pp) +1 from wis

Skills: 10 pp

Computers 2(6), Craft chemical 2(6), Craft electronic 6(10), craft mechaniacl 2(6), disable device 4(8), Knowledge physical sciences 4(8), Knowledge Technology 2(6), medicine 4(5), notice 4(5), profession Physicist 7(8), search 2(6), sense motive 1(2)

Feats: 5 pp

Equipment 2pp(10ep bolo, commlink, multitool), Diehard, Stunning attack, Inventor

Powers: 66 pp

31) Alternate form 6 ranks. Soild power feat Innate,

Density 6 ranks feats extended duratation flaw permanat, (18 PP)

Immunity life support, magnetic powers, immune to age. (12 pp)

Light control 8 ranks power feats dazzle, healing (18 pp)

Dazzle (visual) 8 ranks

Healing feats regrowth, extra +1 total healing 5 ranks

(8)Enhanced strength 8

(4)Enhanced constitution 4,

(5)Leaping 5 (700 feet)

Drawbacks:

Costs: Abilities (20) + Combat (32) + Saves (17) + Skills (10) + Feats (5) + Powers (66) - Drawbacks (00) = 150 Total Cost

A couple things: Permanent isn't a -1 flaw when attatched to Alternate Form. All of your powers are Sustained, (with the exception of Immunity, which is specifically exempmted in the book) which means that to make it Permanent would be a +1 to duration to make it Continuous, then a -1 to make it Permanent, because only Continuous power can be made Permanent. A net total of -0.

Also, how is your Fortitude +8 without any increases? I'm only getting +6. (4 from unenhanced CON, 2 more from enhanced, as a 22 CON gives you a +6.)

Okay adjusted the fortitude the base cost should've been 4 missed that. so four pp for a total of 17 in saves. I think I missed two points there... total now 148 I think I added 2 feats. I also changed the descriptors for the alternative form. Should be right now. Thank you for the tweaks, only the third superhero I've made outside of Champions.

Actually, I meant Permanent is not a flaw when its applied to Alternate Form. A +1 and a -1 evens out to -0, still making your Alternate Form 5 points per rank, or 41 points total, given the power feat you have on it.

Also, you have a +6 Fort save base. (18 base Con + 4 enhanced Con = 22, or a +6 bonus.) So you only need to apply 2 points to Fortitude to get it to 8. Currently, you'd have 10. (+6 base, plus the 4 you've added.)

One more thing:

Toughness: 10/6 impervious from alternative form included (0 pp)

You have a +6 base toughness from your Con, and another +3 impervious toughness from your Density, making your total toughness 9, 3 of it impervious. Unless I'm missing something.

Oh, and don't worry about going from Champions to this. I did the same thing, and M&M is even easier once you get the hang of it. No Naked Advantages to worry about. :)

Hey, don't get me wrong, I love Naked Advatages. I once had a character that gave my GM fits because he had a Naked Advantage he could apply to a VPP. :shock: It's just that those are fairly advanced concepts, and not all players are ready to utilize them to the fullest extent. I wouldn't suggest either for a starting out player. (Not that Masque is.)

Actually, I meant Permanent is not a flaw when its applied to Alternate Form. A +1 and a -1 evens out to -0, still making your Alternate Form 5 points per rank, or 41 points total, given the power feat you have on it.

Okay I had 5 points impervious protection in the alternative form, but dropped it when shaving points... Guess I forgot to lose ranks in alternatative form it's now rank 6 now for 31 PP.

Also, you have a +6 Fort save base. (18 base Con + 4 enhanced Con = 22, or a +6 bonus.) So you only need to apply 2 points to Fortitude to get it to 8. Currently, you'd have 10. (+6 base, plus the 4 you've added.)

I only spent 4 pp on con which makes it a 14 with + 4 enhanced con makes that a 18 con which is a +4 bounus unless I'm wrong. Adding the 4pp to fort makes it +8.

You have a +6 base toughness from your Con, and another +3 impervious toughness from your Density, making your total toughness 9, 3 of it impervious. Unless I'm missing something.

Corrected. Again I dropped protection for alternatative form and missed this. Arrays are incredible, but tricky when you change them.

Okay I had 5 points impervious protection in the alternative form, but dropped it when shaving points... Guess I forgot to lose ranks in alternative form it's now rank 6 now for 31 PP.

Ah, okay, that makes sense. All good there.

I only spent 4 pp on con which makes it a 14 with + 4 enhanced con makes that a 18 con which is a +4 bonus unless I'm wrong. Adding the 4pp to fort makes it +8.

Oops. :oops: Yeah, that's my mistake. No problem, I'll just make sure to take that into account.

Okay, I'll get to the rest of it tonight, as I need to bail out of here right now. But on sheer mechanics, it looks good.

Okay, everything looks good, there's just one thing I wanted to bring up before I approve her. You're under caps in a few areas, and I just wanted to make sure you knew/meant to do that. For example, your max damage is +10 while your Attack Bonus is +8. This means either could be raised by 2 without breaking caps. It's much the same with your defense, where your Toughness is 9 and your defense is 8.

Again, you likely already knew all this and meant to do it, but I wanted to make absolutely sure.

Okay, everything looks good, there's just one thing I wanted to bring up before I approve her. You're under caps in a few areas, and I just wanted to make sure you knew/meant to do that. For example, your max damage is +10 while your Attack Bonus is +8. This means either could be raised by 2 without breaking caps. It's much the same with your defense, where your Toughness is 9 and your defense is 8.

Again, you likely already knew all this and meant to do it, but I wanted to make absolutely sure.

"Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them". - (Quote Act II, Scene V). ...

BD is more of the later. Thank you for reminding me I'm under the limits. Gives me some room to grow especially in the attack bonuses. ;) guess I left my munchin in my other pants... Sylvia's kind of been forced into this life. I wanted to RP her as a newbie, but still close to the league of Captain Lighting. Hence, PL10. I even chose her powers with this in mind, her abilities tend to be a little more defensive in orign. I could've had blasts and killer strenght. She more likely to take a beating while healing a friend than punch a giant robot. She will have a problem with frustration though. Something along the lines of "That's enough!" Just forces me to become more creative, and roleplay a little more. She kinda of like a time bomb... not happy with her life, not loving the 'hero spotlight', trying not to get close to people physically and emotionally but needing to, especially with her healing talents.

• 1 month later...