Cold Cold War

Supercape

Blue Jay slapped Cord's face lightly, and when the agent didn't respond she did it again, harder. "Hey! Stay with me, Cord. I'm going to find something to... merde. Something to bind your chest with. Then I'll get a fire going. In the morning we'll all set out."

She limped over to the wreckage and started sorting through it as best she could, taking loudly. "There's some one-lane road out there, just a few miles away. I'll hike out there and flag down a truck. Then we'll get you both to a hospital." She found a metal box, painted white with a red cross on it. It had been smashed nearly flat in the impact; Jay picked it up and could see different fluids running out of it. She felt her hopes plummet; without actual supplies, she didn't know if Cord could survive.

The archer had been born in helpless circumstances, though, so she kept speaking while she sorted through the rubble for anything she could use. "You'll meet a pretty nurse and get half a year off because of your heroism. Then you'll marry her and have many fat babies." Something bright caught her eye and she extracted it with what seemed like a maximum of grunting. She carried it back and dumped the dented, scratched orange box in the pilot's lap. "What is that," she asked.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GM

"Huh. Married already" said Cord, his voice growing fainter. "Got a kid too" he added. He was growing cold, and fading. 

"Guess it really is beautiful up here. I enjoyed the snow, the land, you know. Never really looked at it before. Guess there are worse places to die. Guess there are worse ways to die, too" he smiled at Blue Jay. 

"Just don't end up like me, kid. Or do. Get yourself a family. Get yourself a kid. And never stop enjoying the snow" he said, eyes closing. 

"And tell them I love them. And...I said something smart for my last words..."

And then he was gone. 

They arrived, but it was too late. Cord was gone. The ambulance helicopter did their best, but sometimes, they don't come back. Blue Jay could keep the pilot and Gold warm and covered, and at least they made it till the rescue services finished. There followed a beaurocratic and political frenzy as the sedated Gold was taken into custody. He posed a serious problem. A man of family and patriotism, controlled by a telepathic Russian, and possessed with the power of an Atomic Bomb. It seemed Gold had had the right idea when he went to Alaska, because isolation there was the only sensible option the Government could come up with. Blue Jay had the full on debrief by UNISON, quizzing her about the Sleeper and the mission. Bar a death and a plane crash however, they were pleased. After all, Blue Jay had essentially stopped a nuclear strike on American Soil. 

That deserved a medal. 

~ Fin ~