Your Day In Court [OOC]

I've heard of the gallows jig but not the hemp fandango.  So first off thanks for the new colorful phrase.

Not a dramatic enough moment to say throw a disc to try and break the incredibly tough noose then use the grapnel line to swing and catch Alvarez.  And yet it is my first instinct.

So fighting that instinct and not doing that.  After he finishes scaling the building, Foreshadow will stunt for an extra point in the equipment feat and 5 equipment points to have a cutting torch Corrosion 1(Precise) [5EP] on him to try and weaken the noose with.

Let's see I'm forgetting the rules on stunting and equipment.  But I believe since it's not a stunt of the utility belt it counts as a heroic stunt and not a power stunt to gain the extra feat point so only lasts for the round and burns the hp correct me if I'm wrong.  Not exactly ideal, but torches gotta torch.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That will work. LEt's see what happens with the noose. That's a DC11 FORT and DC16 TOU for the noose. As an object, it has no FORT, and since it doesn't have much of a REF, I'll say the Drain works. But the noose holds. 

Bloody Mess: 25, Unharmed, 1 HP

Revenant: 22, Unharmed, 0 HP

Foreshadow: 21, Unharmed, 0 HP

The Hound: 21, Unharmed, 0 HP

Hangman: 13, Unharmed, 0 HP

Cannonade: 6, Unharmed, 3 HP

Alvarez: 1, Unharmed, 0 HP

Noose: 0, Unharmed, 0 HP

The Hound is up next. 

Ok, so the Hound isn't going to be much use getting up to that noose, but he will see if he can pick up a scent and track it in his dog form. 

With A Notice skill of +13 he cant really fail the basic DC of 10 but I will roll anyway in case there is any issue - like him swinging above ground level: 1d20+13=20

Of course he cant match the speed, but hey ho, you never know!

That's definitely enough to pick up a scent trail. 

Noose: 0, Unharmed, 0 HP

Hangman keeps moving, while Cannonade once again strikes at the rope, Power Attacking for -5/+5 this time. He hits, necessitating a DC31 TOU save for the rope. At least it tears a little

Noose: 0, Injured x1, 0 HP

Alvarez continues to choke, and the Noose tightens, but not so fast this time. Top of the round, and Revenant is up next. 

All right. Hangman has two rounds movement, and Bloody Mess brings it down to one. 

Noose: 0, Injured x1, 0 HP

Revenant is up next. 

• 3 weeks later...

HG - Well, it's animate, but it's not exactly moving. Its range of motion is limited to "constricting."

Noose: 0, Injured x3, 0 HP

Hangman's up next, and keeps moving for this round. Cannonade, meanwhile, attempts once more to crack that rope with a -5/+5 Power Attack. That'll hit, requiring a DC31 Toughness save. It lands a 29, which means it's Injured. Again.

Noose: 0, Injured x4, 0 HP

Alvarez chokes as the Noose tightens. Four rounds until he dies. Bloody Mess is up next. 

RIght after chat with TT, Mess will do a full on charge at the Hangman. 

As per house rules, an attack at +2 bonus and a -2 Defence penalty. However, Ill shift those back by defensive attacking at -2/+2, so no net change. 

As he is in Liquid (Blood form) Attack is +12, Damage is +8

1d20+12=20 for the attack. Close I guess, one way or the other. If it hits, its a DC 23 Toughness save and a lot of blood!

As Hangman's Defense DC is 23, it will miss. 

Noose: 0, Injured x4, 0 HP

Revenant is up next. 

Sorry for delay, Hound is just going to put pedal to metal and try and catch up with the Mess and the Hangman. 

I'll throw a drive roll to see how he gets through traffic. He isn't going completely wild and reckless but taking a few risks and corners, I'll say he is going for DC 15 difficulty (whatever you think that gets him, Id guess its nothing spectacular but weaving through traffic and mounting a few curbs?)

1d20+6=17 he makes it. 

I doubt he can get there in time so full round doing that. 

Yeah, that works. 

Hangman delivers a blow to Bloody Mess. It hits, for DC28 TOU. He then takes his Move Action to swing another movement unit away.

Cannonade, meanwhile, catches Alvarez and pulls the sundered noose off. Alvarez wisely sits on the nearest abutment, while trying to crawl in a window. Top of the round, and Bloody Mess is up next. 

1d20+10=22 which is a bruise and a daze. 

If that is a fist / bludgeoning damage then I guess his immunity kicks in, to make that 1/2 effect (Damage 13, rounded up Damage 6, or DC 21 effect) So ill let you call that / fiat that whatever! because the Mess might be dazed, or may just shake that off! (He is build to take fists!)

If he can act, he will try a feint as a move action:

1d20+5=9 which is unlikely to succeed

And another punch, unshifted this time

1d20+12=20 I guess that misses, but if it does connect its DC 23 Toughness

I'll say it's Bludgeoning damage, which means it's just DC22, which means Bloody Mess is Unharmed. The Feint fails, and the blow misses. 

Revenant is up next.