Your Day In Court [OOC]

Cannonade, Foreshadow, Revenant, Bloody Mess, and The Hound get called to court to testify on a case some months ago.

I've set the thread a few months in the future, so that we can flash back to the present day for the investigation element. If you'd like to do it the other way around, with the trial being today and the investigation being back in May, let me know and I shall edit. 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

All right, then. It's Hangman's action. Hangman is running the hell away as a full-round action. Or rather, Swinging the hell away. He extends his magic rope and swings out of the scene. 

As Cannonade can't really catch up with the guy (Speed 3 vs. Speed 6), he instead goes after the rope. Move Action to drop down to a ledge, which I'll say necessitates a DC20 Acrobatics check to stay balanced. Good. Then comes the Standard Action to attack the noose, which as an object has a DC of 5. That hits, necessitating a DC26 TOU save. 

From a noose with TOU 13. That's not normal. It holds this time. Alvarez's turn. He continues to choke. 

Bloody Mess: 25, Unharmed, 1 HP

Revenant: 22, Unharmed, 1 HP

Foreshadow: 21, Unharmed, 1 HP

The Hound: 21, Unharmed, 0 HP

Hangman: 13, Unharmed, 0 HP

Cannonade: 6, Unharmed, 3 HP

Alvarez: 1, Unharmed, 0 HP

Noose: 0, Unharmed, 0 HP

Bloody Mess is up next. 

All right. I'll say the noose itself has a low attack score - it's a noose, it's not known for unerrantly seeking things out - but it does have the effective STR score it would in its wielder's hands. So, +5 for ATT, +13 for STR, for +18 total. Ooh, tough luck. The noose is Bound, so while it's still doing the hemp fandango, it's doing it even more slowly. Alvarez has another five rounds before he dies. 

Bloody Mess: 25, Unharmed, 1 HP

Revenant: 22, Unharmed, 0 HP

Foreshadow: 21, Unharmed, 1 HP

The Hound: 21, Unharmed, 0 HP

Hangman: 13, Unharmed, 0 HP

Cannonade: 6, Unharmed, 3 HP

Alvarez: 1, Unharmed, 0 HP

Noose: 0, Unharmed, 0 HP

Foreshadow is up next.