Department 32: The Mysterium (OOC)

Barnum

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I assume we would drive around in something like an unmarked Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (ah, the old Crown Vic!), but this begs a rather important question: who drives? This says a lot about the relationship between two cops, which also makes me want to ask, just how well do we know each other? Have we worked together for a while, or is this our first time partnered on a case together?

BTW, I'm fine with Morena as either driver or riding shotgun ;)

I'm going to wait one more day for Seren, and then we'll roll on ahead.

To be honest, this is why I was pragmatically vague when I refered to Colby's partner :? I believe Thayan also mentioned an interest in this game, if worst comes to worst.

In case I wasn't clear . . . we are moving on without Seren.

Heritage, you are up.

Sorry, I was hardly home all weekend; posting now ;)

EDIT: I hate to be callous, but I'm going to sort of pretend that Seren isn't there without completely negating his existence, at least for now.

Oddly, I checked over the weekend (using the 'View new posts' under search) and this (or the IC thread) didn't come up...

Just a lot came up unexpectedly along with what I did expect. I do like the idea of the characters, but I'll admit that I don't think I'll be able to keep up with this character/thread. My other character should still be within my ability, but I do think I'll have to bow out of this one unless I get some amazing luck towards free time.

Sorry about this. :(

Barnum, if I wanted to jury-rig a ritual to scan the area for living, human minds and make contact, what would I need to build that from? I'm thinking telepathy with a range extra might work, perhaps adding a "Tiring" flaw to keep the cost (and thus the DC) down. Does that sound about right?

Barnum, if I wanted to jury-rig a ritual to scan the area for living, human minds and make contact, what would I need to build that from? I'm thinking telepathy with a range extra might work, perhaps adding a "Tiring" flaw to keep the cost (and thus the DC) down. Does that sound about right?

Since there is not Extended Range version of Mind Reading, I'd build it off Telelocation Linked to Mental Communication. You'd need 5 ranks of each to cover the whole wooded area (about 5 miles in both directions).

So Telelocation 5 linked to Communication (Mental) 5 = 10 PPs If you added the Tiring Flaw to each that would reduce the cost to 6 PPs. That would be DC 21. (10 + 6 + 5).

Sorry! I had an unexpected interruption. I uh...switched jobs. Haven't started the new one yet, but I've been running around with all kinds of stuff I have to finish up at the old one.

Yikes. :shock: Good luck with that. :D